Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 2 - The Assessment Centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭J.0

Dekkers wrote: »
    What a day to get stuck in work!

Anyway, happy to say that it's a pass for me too :)

Well done Dekkers. Same here. It's been a bloody long wait though! I'd almost forgotten I was daft enough to apply in the first place :)

J

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Cheers people! Not gonna lie, I needed this win badly. Given me a good boost.

Congratulations to all who passed and sorry to hear from those who didn't make it. Just think of all you know now that you didn't before and you'll pass it next time without a bother!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭JtmC

Hey akl

Glad to hear of all who have passed and unfortunate for those who failed.

Suffice to say I achieved a Grade B!

Suprised and pleased as thos has been my firat assesment centre!

The breifing exercise let all of my scores way down. It was crazy at the time. I thought it was all over at the first hurdle but stranger things have happened I guess.

Also the second roleplay pulled me down!

The rest of my scores ranged from A to C's so yeah pretty pleased.

Time to up the fitness! Good luck everyone and congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mstar

SO people who were in the first and second groups of passers, what happened next? How long til your PCA letters came?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Maverick89

mstar wrote: »
    SO people who were in the first and second groups of passers, what happened next? How long til your PCA letters came?

I think it took about a week, PCA date was about 2 weeks after that. Vetting forms come along with PCA invite. If successful at PCA, medical date will be given on the day and is usually about a month after. Online learning opened about a week after completing PCA and stays open for a month regardless of how quick you complete it.

• Advertisement

Maverick89 wrote: »
    I think it took about a week, PCA date was about 2 weeks after that. Vetting forms come along with PCA invite. If successful at PCA, medical date will be given on the day and is usually about a month after. Online learning opened about a week after completing PCA and stays open for a month regardless of how quick you complete it.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭VES86

Maverick89 wrote: »

can anyone see the delayers group moving that quickly? funding still has to be secured for the next group, so i'd maybe guess at a bit of a longer wait than a couple of weeks. no bad thing really, a bit longer prep for the pca. i'd hazard a guess that vetting will be the first to drop so they are ready to process once the go ahead is given.

awk who knows really? let's wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭missyme82

I don't really care how long it takes now, more time to get fit and so on, also more time with my toddler before going into the world of crazy shift work (if i'm lucky enough to get that far). Well done to everyone who passed, i'm shocked at some who didn't though and I think they would have made excellent officers. I hope they go for the next campaign and ace the AC next time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

Did anyone else think that the breakdown/feedback was not particularly useful?

In the last campaign they gave you a score for each competency in each section which I think was more useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭VES86

wanadrum wrote: »
    Did anyone else think that the breakdown/feedback was not particularly useful?

In the last campaign they gave you a score for each competency in each section which I think was more useful.

Yep I prefer the old format myself too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭whatinthe

For myself,I was delighted to get feedback because there is always room for improvement. In the end if we're lucky enough to get to GV, our AC will be meaningless. We'll all be starting from scratch.

However, for the guys and gals who did not get it this time around unfortunately..use that feedback for next time. Use it, learn from it and I've no doubt you'll crush the AC next time. :)

whatinthe wrote: »
    For myself,I was delighted to get feedback because there is always room for improvement. In the end if we're lucky enough to get to GV, our AC will be meaningless. We'll all be starting from scratch.

However, for the guys and gals who did not get it this time around unfortunately..use that feedback for next time. Use it, learn from it and I've no doubt you'll crush the AC next time. :)

I sort of agree with you, but really all they gave was a score, this doesn't let you know why or how you got the score, and therefore how can. You use and learn from it?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭whatinthe

wanadrum wrote: »
    I sort of agree with you, but really all they gave was a score, this doesn't let you know why or how you got the score, and therefore how can. You use and learn from it?

Well I looked at the scores then went through those sections that let me down. I remembered what I'd done, and was able to say what I know myself I should've better or used more time/less time on certain questions etc. I agree 100% that there should ideally be individual performance feedback as opposed to a score. But I doubt they could do that due to giving too much of the methods behind AC away!

This is my first time applying so I'm not familiar with previous campaigns, and can only speculate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

When people from the delayed batch start getting PCA dates through I'd love to know. That's the batch I am in

When and if I get mine through I'll post it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Agreed, sounds like a plan

And me, kind of excited to see if I'm up to the challenge!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Chief Wiggum2

I got my results while i was in for the medical, it's all getting very real!!
    Congrats to everyone who passed and to those who didn't keep your chin up and invest in some tutoring for the next time you apply, i wouldn't have gotten this far without it

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Sgtmort

Only just opened my emails today and guess what, I passed! Got A* and over the moon. I can honestly say I never expected that bit looking forward to the next stages. Congrats to all who passed and if you didnt, use the feedback as much as possible and try again. This is my second go and if I don't get it I'll try and try again!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

Have spent this evening looking at other physical assessments in other police forces, they all look very tough, espc the wall. Can anyone who has completed the pca shed any sort of light???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Constablemaybe

DaveNi wrote: »
    Have spent this evening looking at other physical assessments in other police forces, they all look very tough, espc the wall. Can anyone who has completed the pca shed any sort of light???

http://youtu.be/-XlWiQdwnlA

That's more or less it!

• Advertisement

http://youtu.be/-XlWiQdwnlA

That's more or less it!

Hope the wall isn't too big!

Hope the wall isn't too big!

Slightly bigger than the one in the video to be honest, and instead of lifting cones it's two kettle bells! Apart from that it's exactly the same!

Happy days, videos from other forces the wall looks frightening. No ledge to pull yourself up on!!

Happy days, videos from other forces the wall looks frightening. No ledge to pull yourself up on!!

This wall is a flat wall with two wooden strips on it to catch your feet

I got my results while i was in for the medical, it's all getting very real!!
    Congrats to everyone who passed and to those who didn't keep your chin up and invest in some tutoring for the next time you apply, i wouldn't have gotten this far without it

I was at the medical when the results email came out too! First time in ages that I wasn't constantly checking emails and it sneaked through with me sitting there oblivious!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭CDizzle

I'm not ashamed to admit i've been scaling back and forth over my back yard wall a few times over the last 24 hours, and will probably continue to do so until my PCA.

Hopefully the police don't drive by as i'm doing it, might be a bit awkward!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Bob Law

The wall is fine. I'm tall with explosive legs and I got over it no bother. Seen lots of shorter people 5foot5 etc getting over no bother as well.

Not to sound unkind, but there was one girl who was heavy and she was up and over as well. Took her a bit longer mind, but she managed it 3/4 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

CDizzle, I'll come by yours to give it a climb or three too! If police notice, maybe they'll give us tips lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

Bob Law wrote: »

Not to sound unkind, but there was one girl who was heavy and she was up and over as well. Took her a bit longer mind, but she managed it 3/4 times.

Were you at the evening familiarization? If so I think I remember the girl you're talking about - fair play to her she was fairly going at the whole thing! I may have noticed you as well as there were only a couple of very tall people there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Bob Law

Yup! Fair play indeed to her, hope at the end of 3 laps the endurance is there to finish the push/pull.

I was the one who hit the wall a little too hard when I jumped it and near knocked the poor girl who was running the top line off it.

Advertisement