Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 2 - The Assessment Centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭PutItDown

Still in the game there top mop?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭0O0

Mop a top wrote: »
    Guys please don't post dates on here. The moderator has specifically asked that we don't post future dates as it could be a security risk. How do you know who your chatting to is actually applying and who's gathering intel?!?!

Get what you're saying but not sure how knowing when the AC results are due, can really do any damage or be of any use - though I can't predict with 100% certainty what goes on in the mind of a terrorist!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Fine. But if were smart enough to guess when calls inductions next stages etc are all don't you think they will too?!? Just saying though

PutItDown wrote: »
    Still in the game there top mop?

Still waiting on the call. Pissing me off now lower scores are getting in. Think it's maybe to do with an incident when my ex temporarily altered my face :-/ couldn't be anything else, I've been too square for anything else lol

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭PutItDown

Mop a top wrote: »
    Still waiting on the call. Pissing me off now lower scores are getting in. Think it's maybe to do with an incident when my ex temporarily altered my face :-/ couldn't be anything else, I've been too square for anything else lol

Yea vetting sucks...I'm off to AC again, well it's a way off but still

• Advertisement

PutItDown wrote: »
    Yea vetting sucks...I'm off to AC again, well it's a way off but still

Congrats my lovely, I think everyone will do much better at it. I can't see them changing the structure much, probably the scenario. Here's hoping anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭psnihopeful

Are any of you aware of people who provide training for the assessment centre? I'm nearly sure someone mentioned a guy in Belfast coaches people for the AC??!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭MissJC13

Moving on to the AC :) got date today! I look forward to the frustrating wait for these results too lol

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Also got date today, fitness coming up for 13090 campaign, but good to know if anything happens I've this. Higher ist result than last time which I'm pleased about (though it has little bearing on merit list) I'll be making sure I do better at ac now I know what to expect. Pleased to have movement on campaigns again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

Got date today for AC. It's after my medical for previous campaign so hoping I don't need it!! Higher IST score than last time :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 sgtsnowy

Getting nervous for mine already! Won't be long coming up. Let's hope dreams really do come true

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Rockchick1989

Got an AC date that I hopefully won't be needing as long as my vetting clears by that stage lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

I think it is truly mad that there are people in two campaigns; really shows the flaws in the system.

So if you pass vetting from the first one but don't get through for some reason (budgets, etc.) will you have to go through vetting again?

Surely if you pass everything in the 1309 campaign but for whatever reason do not progress you should automatically be offered a position in the new 1405 campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Rj408

Homer01 wrote: »
    I think it is truly mad that there are people in two campaigns; really shows the flaws in the system.

So if you pass vetting from the first one but don't get through for some reason (budgets, etc.) will you have to go through vetting again?

Surely if you pass everything in the 1309 campaign but for whatever reason do not progress you should automatically be offered a position in the new 1405 campaign.

I agree with surely if you are in one campaign you shouldn't be allowed into the second while still in the race as such? I mean its daft if you ask me people from 1309 are competing with themselves and anyone else who has applied.

I think something like the Scottish police would be a good idea if you fail you cannot apply for another year, and if you are in a campaign you can't apply to a new one while competing for a previous campaign at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Are there people here going through two campaigns at once! How the hell is that fair!?

So if a new campaign launches in jan 2015 and you are just about to do your PCA for this campaign you won't apply again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

I'm still in 1309, have reapplied and sit my AC in a matter of weeks.

Anything can happen in this process, my main worry not being in the appointable band after passing the PSNI stages in campaign one. In my opinion, it'd be unfair to disallow 1309 candidates to reapply simply because they're going through the lengthy final stages (with no guarantee of an offer).

Sthm wrote: »
    I'm still in 1309, have reapplied and sit my AC in a matter of weeks.

Anything can happen in this process, my main worry not being in the appointable band after passing the PSNI stages in campaign one. In my opinion, it'd be unfair to disallow 1309 candidates to reapply simply because they're going through the lengthy final stages (with no guarantee of an offer).

Agreed.

If you are worried about people from the 1309 campaign being in this current one then just try and get as high as score as possible at the AC.

Nothing is guaranteed until you walk in the gates of your first day at GV.

Those of us still in the 1309 have been in it for a good while now and the thought of going through it all again is very annoying but I'll do it to get the job I want. Don't focus on what other people are doing. Get as high as score as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Oops, what have I started lol.

To clarify my position. If it were me I'd definitely apply for any campaign that would let me :)

My point was the process should either offer those in limbo a position or let them go. I totally understand it is a long and complicated recruitment but we're now coming up to a year. From what I read here there are people who are still waiting on a PCA date; madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Squishe92

Just a question guys. I'm aware of the assessment centre scores (A's, B's etc); what kind of effect does the IST score have on the overall merit score?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭0O0

Squishe92 wrote: »
    Just a question guys. I'm aware of the assessment centre scores (A's, B's etc); what kind of effect does the IST score have on the overall merit score?

If you achieve the exact same percentage score as someone else during AC, they will most likely use the IST results to determine who is ahead of who on the merit list.

I don't think it would be unfair at all, if your already in a campaign for recruitment and have been in it this long surely its only a matter of time before you get a start. Why then should you be allowed to join a second campaign and compete against people who are not in the 1st campaign when you still are, and are basically just waiting for a start date.

As I have said a similar approach to the main land forces of one year wait should you fail and you cannot apply to a police force if you currently have an open application with ANY other police force, including the one you are applying for a second time.

I am not having a dig at anyone here as if I was in the same position I would do the same, its the system that needs looked at....Big time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Rj408 wrote: »
    I don't think it would be unfair at all, if your already in a campaign for recruitment and have been in it this long surely its only a matter of time before you get a start.

Unfortunately, it's not just as straight forward. If I remember the wording on the AC pass e-mail, they state that it constitutes a provisional offer of employment but you must pass the last five stages and be within the appointable band to be eligible for appointment. In other words, if there are 378 candidates who pass everything and you don't find yourself, based on your merit score, within that 378 then you're bust.

On the bright side for applicants to this campaign, there'll potentially be quite a few from 1309 applying to this campaign and will fall out of this campaign if/when they get the call for 1309.

It's good to get a wee bit of discussion going again on here, pretty dead these days. Anyone else up in September also?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Squishe92

Sthm wrote: »
    Unfortunately, it's not just as straight forward. If I remember the wording on the AC pass e-mail, they state that it constitutes a provisional offer of employment but you must pass the last five stages and be within the appointable band to be eligible for appointment. In other words, if there are 378 candidates who pass everything and you don't find yourself, based on your merit score, within that 378 then you're bust.

On the bright side for applicants to this campaign, there'll potentially be quite a few from 1309 applying to this campaign and will fall out of this campaign if/when they get the call for 1309.

It's good to get a wee bit of discussion going again on here, pretty dead these days. Anyone else up in September also?

I am aye! Feeling nervous already!

Without having to read through 314 pages of forum chatter, has anyone of you guys who have passed the AC got any pointers? PM would be great =]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Doubt they got the same amount of people applying as they did for 1309, hence the reason for lowering the pass mark.

I would be annoyed if the pass mark was increased, but it hasn't - the opposite happened.

On a side note does anyone know of any training courses for the Assessment Center run in Northern Ireland? If so PM me please, would be interested in taking one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

So if they do run a third campaign in Jan '15 it is possible there will be candidates from three different campaigns! There's going to be a b@lls up somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

I honestly find it difficult to believe that you wouldn't do the same!

• Advertisement

I honestly find it difficult to believe that you wouldn't do the same!

Agree!!

If it comes up in jan and I'm still waiting on a call I'll be applying!!

Advertisement