Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 2 - The Assessment Centre

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭belfastard

yeh carlty888 thats right.i got mine a week after ac.but everything is speculation at this point until we hear otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

belfastard wrote: »
    alright guys.is the last ac on friday?is it the last of the bunch or do u know of any others after that. Cheers

No, there are still Acs into next week tho this should def finish them:D
    Yay!

thanks mrsgh.im sure everyone will be happy to get them outta the way.good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭TangoVictor

I dont know what way consensia/PSNI are working things but this is how it went for me:

AC-Monday 9th June
    Received Vetting Forms- Saturday 21st June
    Posted them back- Wednesday 25th June
    Ac pass letter- Thurs 24th July

Some people have said only the high scorers have received vetting but i dont know.

All the best anyway folks
    Probably not a great idea going into specifics about dates you recieved letters im sure they could narrow you done if they wanted to.

Thanks guys for the responses im not worried about not recieving vetting forms yet AC was such a short time ago, just seemed like a change in stragey because until about the last week or two everyone had been getting vetting forms followed by pass letters now it seems to be vice versa.
    I wonder if the job itself is as intense as the Recruitment process??:D

Anyway whatever is going on Im sure we will all be kept in the dark until the last second.
    Im in it for the long haul and expect to be doing IST and AC all over again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

seemed like a change in stragey because until about the last week or two everyone had been getting vetting forms followed by pass letters now it seems to be vice versa.

Don't forget that at the start people had to wait the full 6 weeks to get the pass/fail letters. This no longer appears to be the case. You're highly unlikely to get the vetting forms first if you only had to wait a week for your letter.

Don't read too much into the where's, when's and what if's of the recruitment process. You'll only drive yourself crazy! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 neoruss

Got my A/C pass letter a couple of days ago. Only 2 weeks after i'd done it. Hoping to receive vetting forms soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭DustyMan

My AC is early next week. It MUST be nearly the end of the AC testing for this campaign?!

I think MGH was sayin the A/C's go on for another week or so. It shouldn't be too long after that that the merit list becomes available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 rugby_blonde

Really wish they'd send me Vetting Forms to help ease the stress, even though it doesn't mean anything..

Still only have my Pass letter..

yeah role on the merit pool and feed back.im looking forward to hearing how ive done :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 stephen142

heya all. long time no speak. Posting live from america :D well, maybe not so live once your reading this :p

My A/C is on wednesday. And i cant begin to explain my emotions towards it. Ive brought my revision and been reading my notes. but nothing is going to prepare me for the shock of the role plays i think, since this is my First time ever applying.

Mrs Gene Hunt. Are you still waiting to do the A/C or have you got it done?
    (sorry havnt been keeping up to date with forums)
    i recall you had a similar date to mine :)

Anyways. I hope all goes ok.

And congratulations to those who have already passed the AC, Papayankee etc etc.

Im sure your all over the moon :)

I need to go out and buy a new white shirt for the A/C i think, treat myself yano :p lol.

thanks
    Stephen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Hi all due to family reasons i am out of this and all other recruitment for the psni (heartbroken) so i would like to wish everybody good luck and those that do get the job all the best and stay safe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭ciaran2008

Hi all due to family reasons i am out of this and all other recruitment for the psni (heartbroken) so i would like to wish everybody good luck and those that do get the job all the best and stay safe

:confused: sorry to hear that man!

I got a letter on monday to say I had passed my AC on the 25th of July but no vetting forms yet!!! worried!

Congrats to all those who have passed and best of luck to those yet to do the AC/awaiting results etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭MAKEPEACE

Sorry to hear that as well. :( Hope you are sure about the decision.

doug-26 wrote: »
    In my letter it said "it is unlikely that you will be contacted before september 2008"

Yea, that is a good point to remember. I don my AC 14 days ago but as of yet no vetting forms but Im not going to get worried about hat yet as it is early days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

manaka wrote: »
    where you at in the campaign inspector71? All going smoothly?

hey manaka, yeah all going smoothly, pass letter recieved after the 6 weeks wait, and vetting forms sent away about 6 weeks ago! Just trying not to think about it til end of sept, what about yourself?

Indeed Belfastard! Merit & Feedback please Consensia!

You know you want to!

tfitzgerald:- Thats unfortunate, Hope all goes well and your making the right decision...

ciaran2008:- Where did you do your A/C? I think I got my pass letter on the 25th July 2008 also, but to avail still nothing else.. I feel like Dumbo, So up for the Job but never used lol...

Maybe I'm being stupid lol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 colni

Ok sooooooooo the AC is over man its very strange
    it was so warm

all the people were really sound

mine was last week in belfast
    was anybody else there?

hope u all do well its very hard!
    one thing i would say would be bring some snacks i was so hungry during it !!

Indeed Belfastard! Merit & Feedback please Consensia!

You know you want to!

tfitzgerald:- Thats unfortunate, Hope all goes well and your making the right decision...

ciaran2008:- Where did you do your A/C? I think I got my pass letter on the 25th July 2008 also, but to avail still nothing else.. I feel like Dumbo, So up for the Job but never used lol...

Maybe I'm being stupid lol :)

Sorry I meant to say I had my AC on the 25th. . got the pass letter on monday there . .

But I think i'm going to try and not worry until sep :D

best of luck anyway ;)

Quick One before I hit the Scratcher! Up at 4am and working 5am-9pm!!

ciaran2008, You said till Sept? Is that when the feedback is meant to be being sent out?

Even though it gives scores etc, does it give an indication of how far up you are Merit Pool or do we have to wait even longer for that...

A want, we all want sooo badly!! Arrrrghhhhh...

This has got to be one of the longest processes known to Mankind in relation to Getting a Job..Anyone else know of anything longer?

• Advertisement

Have had my AC.

Yee-ikes

And now we wait.

:rolleyes:

Have got my lovely dvd to watch though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Have had my AC.

Yee-ikes

And now we wait.

:rolleyes:

Have got my lovely dvd to watch though.....

Yeah!!! rub the fact you got a DVD and i didnt in why dont you:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 hpa

Dont worry its not too exciting!!

Yeah!!! rub the fact you got a DVD and i didnt in why dont you:)

I'll burn you a copy hun.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

I'll burn you a copy hun.:)

Fraudster joining the PSNI- Take note consensia and PSNI!!!!!!!

Ps- She also has an illegal stall in the city!!!!!

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Griffer2

How does it feel now that your AC is over and you have caught up with everyone else??? finally i hear you say!:P

Griffer2 wrote: »
    How does it feel now that your AC is over and you have caught up with everyone else??? finally i hear you say!:P

Feel really weird about it to be honest!!!
    Was reading and following all your experiences on the boards and even though I knew it was coming for me it was such a long wait that it didnt seem real, if that makes sense.
    The last week in the run up to it flew in though, aftger time dragging for so long.

There were 11 at my session, one person didnt turn up. ( Thanks a lot, narrows the comp down!:D )
    Over half of my group were very casually dressed...hmmmmm.

Got 2 of the 3 roleplays resolved.
    Did all the written questions in the time, actually managed my time well in this part tho what was written was another matter ( keek most likely). A guy in our group left a whole question blank...and said a friend of his only answered one of the written questions in his....oops!
    Felt my weakest part was the situational interviews, I was brain-fried by that stage and could have done much better I think.
    Not too hopeful about the outcome but trying to look at it positively and as good experience for re-applying next year.

The dvd is a hoot!!!! And the total bitch from one of the roleplays figures very heavily in it,LOL. When I recognised her I yelled out BITCH!!!( and woke the dog up whilst doing so, sorry wee man!)

There is an awful lot of emphasis on fitness in the DVD, this seems to be the real bugbear. So anyone hopeful of doing well this time and getting into training, I'd seriously be hitting the gym.

Consensia did say 6 weeks for results because the office is short staffed although at this stage, judging by other reports it seems to be about two weeks, or slightly less.

They also said that there was no rhyme or reason to being sent Vetting, which just goes to prove that they are very inconsistent as previous candidates have been told by Consensia that everyone gets Vetting forms, no matter what, so take from that what you will.

Ah well, thats it done anyways, just have to wait for the letter to drop through the letterbox and see what it says.
    And wait til next April to re-apply:rolleyes:

Cue Only Fools and Horses Theme.......

LOL

Burberry baseball cap anyone??????:D

Chav-tastic!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Sounds like you had quite a similar experience to me! i got 2 of the 3 resolved thought i had messed up the situational interview but i passed to i'll keep everything crossed for you after reading your previous posts its seems like you really really really want this!

The DVD is brilliant made me laugh for at least 20mins then i decided to watch it ulster scots!! Hilarious!!

Sounds like you had quite a similar experience to me! i got 2 of the 3 resolved thought i had messed up the situational interview but i passed to i'll keep everything crossed for you after reading your previous posts its seems like you really really really want this!

The DVD is brilliant made me laugh for at least 20mins then i decided to watch it ulster scots!! Hilarious!!

I do really really really want this, which makes it even worse and heightens the nerves!

Never thought of watching it in Ulster Scots....will do, bet its hilarious! Good thinking!

:p

if you do make sure you see what the chaper titles are in english then click on ulster scots!! it'll make ur day lol

i was waiting for you to say stinking after you said good thinking!! maybe thats just the big child in me :P

me and my girlfriend watched it in ulster scots for a laugh aswell!
    good for a we laugh

it was the before you apply/ afore ye pit infur it that got me first time!!

it was the before you apply/ afore ye pit infur it that got me first time!!

Oh I am so going to have to watch it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

Hello everybody :D

Just back from a lovely relaxing week away with the hubby and kids and mr postman has kindly left me a nice letter telling me I passed the assessment centre - yay me :p lol. I'm very pleased but I know there is still a loooooong way to go. Received the letter just over 2 weeks since doing the a/c but no vetting forms as yet. I personally don't think the length of time it takes to receive vetting forms has any bearing on the a\c score - but it is all a bit random :confused: and I would like to receive them sooner rather than later just to get another bit of the recruitment process behind me.

Congratulations to everyone else who passed and commiserations to those who weren't successful this time - good luck next time.

MBC x

Hello everybody :D

Just back from a lovely relaxing week away with the hubby and kids and mr postman has kindly left me a nice letter telling me I passed the assessment centre - yay me :p lol. I'm very pleased but I know there is still a loooooong way to go. Received the letter just over 2 weeks since doing the a/c but no vetting forms as yet. I personally don't think the length of time it takes to receive vetting forms has any bearing on the a\c score - but it is all a bit random :confused: and I would like to receive them sooner rather than later just to get another bit of the recruitment process behind me.

Congratulations to everyone else who passed and commiserations to those who weren't successful this time - good luck next time.

MBC x

Well done!!!!!!:D

well done must be crazy.its a step in the right direction.all smiles im sure :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭DustyMan

My AC is tomorrow but for personal reasons I've decided not to go. Best wishes to all here who hope to join the PSNI.

DustyMan wrote: »
    My AC is tomorrow but for personal reasons I've decided not to go. Best wishes to all here who hope to join the PSNI.
    There seem to be a lot of people not turning up for the AC. There was someone who didnt show for mine.

Anyway Dustyman, hope you've made the right decision. I remember you posting when you got through after the IST passmark was lowered and you got through same as me. You were very excited.
    Best of luck.

• Advertisement

There seem to be a lot of people not turning up for the AC. There was someone who didnt show for mine.

Anyway Dustyman, hope you've made the right decision. I remember you posting when you got through after the IST passmark was lowered and you got through same as me. You were very excited.
    Best of luck.

There were 4 out of 12 that didn't turn up to my a/c!! Good luck with whatever you decide to do Dustyman :)

MBC x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 corsarule!!

Hey....i completed my assesment centre today and i think and hope it went well....anyway i was just wondering how many points you need in order to go onto the vetting part...i heard tht its 47 but im not sure...im guessin that i got around this number neway:confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭pb999

the story i have heard, and which has been repeated on other forums is that those who have received vetting forms will be those who are offered a place in training (plus a small wastage) assuming they pass everything else, so if that rumour/story is correct then 47 would be an intelligent guess.

but this is just another rumour to add to the long list of psni recruitment rumours! :D, so who knows if its accurate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lemonsong

Hi all, I'm new on here but just thought I'd join and share my good news !! I got confirmation that I've successfully completed the Assessment Centre !!!!! Can't quite believe it to be honest as, during the assessment I felt quite out of my comfort zone, but I'm very happy about it. If there are any more being held, good luck to all who are taking part - the only advice I'd give is to keep your head, don't try to be anyone other than yourself and apply common sense to all that's asked of you.

Has anyone else heard if they've passed or not?

Hey....i completed my assesment centre today and i think and hope it went well....anyway i was just wondering how many points you need in order to go onto the vetting part...i heard tht its 47 but im not sure...im guessin that i got around this number neway:confused::confused::confused:

Noone's quite sure what number of points you'll need in order to be vetted. 47 would've been good enough last year, but We can't go on C13 scores as the average score could vary from year to year.

While late 40's might be good enough to get you vetted, you really need to be getting mid-late 50's to have a good chance of being called up for training.

lemonsong wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm new on here but just thought I'd join and share my good news !! I got confirmation that I've successfully completed the Assessment Centre !!!!! Can't quite believe it to be honest as, during the assessment I felt quite out of my comfort zone, but I'm very happy about it. If there are any more being held, good luck to all who are taking part - the only advice I'd give is to keep your head, don't try to be anyone other than yourself and apply common sense to all that's asked of you.

Has anyone else heard if they've passed or not?

Hi lemonsong

Well done on passing your a/c. I think the assessment centres are pretty much finished now or at least this week should finish them as far as I know. There are a good few on the board who have passed the a/c so you can now join us in the long wait to see if we scored high enough or not! Hope you are more patient than me :eek:

MBC x

pb999 wrote: »
    the story i have heard, and which has been repeated on other forums is that those who have received vetting forms will be those who are offered a place in training (plus a small wastage) assuming they pass everything else, so if that rumour/story is correct then 47 would be an intelligent guess

Having been lucky enough to have recieved vetting forms I really hope you're right. I was part of the "small wastage" last year. That sucked!! :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭pb999

having also received vetting forms i hope i'm right! ;)

last year i think was a different story, whereby everyone who passed a/c recieved vetting forms even though many (around 1,800) didnt stand a chance! :eek: i am assuming/hoping that this year with all the cost cutting going on regarding recruitment and this story, that receiving vetting is a more positive sign than it has been in previous years. alas i'm sure there will still be some who are disappointed.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

Does the IST score have any bearing on your ac score or is the ac like a seperate entity and everyone starting the ac starts on scratch?

Thanks

carlty888 wrote: »
    Noone's quite sure what number of points you'll need in order to be vetted. 47 would've been good enough last year, but We can't go on C13 scores as the average score could vary from year to year.

While late 40's might be good enough to get you vetted, you really need to be getting mid-late 50's to have a good chance of being called up for training.

Seriously, I dont think any score in the 40's would be good enough to warrant vetting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement