Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 2 - The Assessment Centre

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Rj408

MissJC13 wrote: »
    Any boardies going to the prep day thing with ted ? :)

Can anyone PM me the details of Ted so I can look into this course thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭valor rorghulis

Homer01 wrote: »
    I never got that far before but my understanding is PCA first then medical. Go get properly tested at opticians so you know for sure.

I applied at the very start of the PSNI recruitment campaigns (over ten years ago :eek:). Back then you had to get an eye test done to show that you met the standards required and this was before the AC. I remember borrowing £20 from sister to get it done lol.
    They also had a PCA familiarisation day at Garnerville before AC as well.

See thing is I know my vision, just from what I can see (no pun intended)they don't really have guidelines advertised of what is acceptable in terms of my prescription

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Squishe92

How many candidates are usually at AC per session?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Squishe92 wrote: »
    How many candidates are usually at AC per session?

I believe it's usually sessions of 12. Likely be a couple of no-shows amongst that.

I remember you saying you were up soon? Keep an eye on e-mails for the pro forma you have to print and bring on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

See thing is I know my vision, just from what I can see (no pun intended)they don't really have guidelines advertised of what is acceptable in terms of my prescription

Found this in the Guidance :)

'Vision
    Binocular vision 6/6 aided or unaided (if visual aids are used must have 6/12 or better in best eye)
    Unaided acuity 6/36 binocularly
    Near vision N6 aided or unaided Normal visual fields
    Severe colour deficiency not acceptable.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Squishe92

Sthm wrote: »
    I believe it's usually sessions of 12. Likely be a couple of no-shows amongst that.

I remember you saying you were up soon? Keep an eye on e-mails for the pro forma you have to print and bring on the day.

Thanks for the reply! Yep, I have it all done and dusted ;)

Cheers! Strange how my IST result went into the junk and the pro forma didn't! Appreciate the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭psnihopeful

Hi guys! Just wondering if the assessment centre lasted the full 5 hours as quoted in the email or is this just a rough guesstimate to keep themselves right???

I was out in about three odd hours roughly.

That's me in the waiting boat for AC results.

I was out in about three odd hours roughly.

That's me in the waiting boat for AC results.

Good luck Sthm!!

Will everyone leave around the same time or did you just get away early?!

Squishe92 wrote: »
    Took about 4 hours for me. That's was painful...

4 hours... I am not looking forward to this. Lol. I'll not be well at the end of it... Lol

• Advertisement

Good luck Sthm!!

Will everyone leave around the same time or did you just get away early?!

Thanks very much!

Everyone finishes at the same time. I suppose if counting turning up for registration, it's more around 4 hours.

All the best for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 CJ092

So some people have already done their AC? Makes me worry as my date is so far away.

For those that have completed did they give any indication as to when results would start to arrive? far away or close? (no dates of course)

Dates for results shouldn't be an issue - it's in the Guidance for Applicants PDF anyway. Results are due by 19th December. The PSNI may request batch(es) to be phased through their stages prior to that though.

The PSNI may request batch(es) to be phased through their stages prior to that though.

This is the thing, wouldn't want to be left behind haha

Understandable - I was in that position last time, but I didn't score high enough anyway to be phased at the start.

I wouldn't worry too much; I'd guess there'd be one batch of 100 at most before everyone gets results in December.

I'm sure you know yourself from the last campaign the wait doesn't get any easier haha.

Yeah unfortunately last time i was a good early AC but just couldn't take that opportunity. Nothing that can be done about it and I am a firm believer that if the score is high enough there will be space.
    The waiting is actually probably worse this time, i'm just chomping at the bit to get another go at it all haha

CJ092 wrote: »
    The waiting is actually probably worse this time, i'm just chomping at the bit to get another go at it all haha

Felt like that, myself. I'm glad to have gotten it done early this time round. I had nearly two months wait for my AC last year.

Have to admit that Deloitte are spot on with the way the day is handled. All smooth and oddly enjoyable when you're in the swing of things.

Have to admit that Deloitte are spot on with the way the day is handled. All smooth and oddly enjoyable when you're in the swing of things.

I can only speak for last years but i couldn't really fault it, maybe made me too relaxed and almost complacent and took my eye off the ball lol

WOW, so people had their AC today then the batches have started. If they are still going in Nov there must be ALOT of people through the IST.... Wonder how many applied this time around and how many got through the IST? Anyone any figures?

Good luck to the guys who were up today!!"

CJ092 wrote: »
    I can only speak for last years but i couldn't really fault it, maybe made me too relaxed and almost complacent and took my eye off the ball lol

Haha, it's hard to believe you can become too relaxed with how full on the day is, but I certainly know what you mean. All the best for it when it rolls round.

Here's hoping results will fly in and good luck everyone.

• Advertisement

Rj408 wrote: »
    WOW, so people had their AC today then the batches have started. If they are still going in Nov there must be ALOT of people through the IST.... Wonder how many applied this time around and how many got through the IST? Anyone any figures?

Around 2,400 probably to AC being tested over ten weeks. A portion of that number will be non-attendances - I don't want to be specific, but there were only a handful (literally) at my session.

Around 2,400 probably to AC being tested over ten weeks. A portion of that number will be non-attendances - I don't want to be specific, but there were only a handful (literally) at my session.

Are you sure? That number is massive, I thought last years was about 7500 applications and around 1300 through to AC stage?

Have you any numbers on people that applied this year? I would imagine it would be significantly lower than 2,400 that is just my opinion however and I don't have any facts or figures....

Haha, it's hard to believe you can become too relaxed with how full on the day is, but I certainly know what you mean. All the best for it when it rolls round.

Here's hoping results will fly in and good luck everyone.

Yeah it sounds strange but I think it is what happened, as the parts i was worried about before were the ones i done the best in!

Same to you good luck to all with results and the day itself for those still to do

Last time if i remember correctly they started ACs early December and there were a few even still going in March lol

Are you sure? That number is massive, I thought last years was about 7500 applications and around 1300 through to AC stage?

Have you any numbers on people that applied this year? I would imagine it would be significantly lower than 2,400 that is just my opinion however and I don't have any facts or figures....

Just all guesswork from myself in all honesty, but I would reckon that's the max they'd take to AC.

The number soon plummets from non-attendance etc. but you could likely be right that it's lower.

Yeah if they started in Dec and were still going in March could have been late ones for people who couldn't make it? If there are 12 per session you are only getting 60 a week so if it was 2400 going you would be going for 200 weeks or something, there are I imagine a few locations running ACs at any given time so it all depends really... Think everyone is guessing at this point! Nothing wrong with a bit of speculation.... lol

Yeah if they started in Dec and were still going in March could have been late ones for people who couldn't make it? If there are 12 per session you are only getting 60 a week so if it was 2400 going you would be going for 200 weeks or something, there are I imagine a few locations running ACs at any given time so it all depends really... Think everyone is guessing at this point! Nothing wrong with a bit of speculation.... lol

Of course not, speculation helps put the time in lol. Going by what i experienced last time when it was supposedly 12 per session there were 5 in mine, that is including me, so when as Sthm said the no shows are accounted for and then fails arrive whatever number have started out will be well dwindled.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭crinkley

Got my ac very soon and just reading over the email again, it says you can't leave the building so does that mean no smoke breaks? I may need to purchase patches lol

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

crinkley wrote: »
    Got my ac very soon and just reading over the email again, it says you can't leave the building so does that mean no smoke breaks? I may need to purchase patches lol

I had 2 'fresh air' breaks during my assessment centre for 2013 campaign. It's not a problem as long as you don't remove anything from the venue.

• Advertisement

Anyone care to speculate or are informed as to whether the IT aspect of the AC counts towards overall % or is simply a pass/fail?

Advertisement