Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 2 - The Assessment Centre

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

The were taking grades from 60% up as far as I know but they'll give you a grade A*, A, B etc

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Suzuka

I reckon they'll take fewer numbers in each intake for Campaign 2, maybe half? (Ie say each intake is say 40 recruits, cut this down to say 20 recruits per intake) only thing that makes sense saying its going to be "significantly slower"
    About 90%
    Where'd you hear that?! I feel fairly confident after mine but jesus hope its not that high Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 31 PCDiddley

Suzuka wrote: »
    I reckon they'll take fewer numbers in each intake for Campaign 2, maybe half? (Ie say each intake is say 40 recruits, cut this down to say 20 recruits per intake) only thing that makes sense saying its going to be "significantly slower"

Where'd you hear that?! I feel fairly confident after mine but jesus hope its not that high Lol

Pass mark is usually 60%, anything from 60-70 will be grade B, 70-80 A, 80+ A*

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Squishe92

Over a month now since I've had mine now. Another two to wait ha. Love it... *ahem*

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Squishe92

Over a month now since I've had mine. Another two to wait ha. Love it... *ahem*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

I haven't done mine yet! It feels so long away but isn't really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

I'm up very soon.. Nervous now!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

AC pretty soon for me, trying to remember as much as possible from last year, but struggling!

Anyone feeling the nerves?

DaveNi wrote: »
    AC pretty soon for me, trying to remember as much as possible from last year, but struggling!

Anyone feeling the nerves?

Up soon too, Very nervous! Haven't been to AC since 2010..

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ctaylorf

Im also up fairly soon... feeling quite nervous but looking forward to getting stuck in. Looking back at the last AC it was quite enjoyable in a really strange way!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ctaylorf

Apologies if this has been asked before, but can anyone who has already done the AC advise as to whether it takes the full 5 hours as mentioned? In the last AC we were finished much sooner than expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Suzuka

ctaylorf wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been asked before, but can anyone who has already done the AC advise as to whether it takes the full 5 hours as mentioned? In the last AC we were finished much sooner than expected.
    Depends on how many turn up

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ZeGerman

Mine was pretty much the full 5 hours

Got mine done, 4hrs 30mins. A lot different than I was expecting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

ctaylorf wrote: »

Give yourself the full five hours. In the last AC I also finished sooner but this time it was pretty close to five hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭valor rorghulis

Have my AC soon, do they provide somewhere to leave belongings? Have a bit to travel so want to bring my phone. Whilst I'd normally do without I'm meeting a friend afterwards who isn't aware I'm applying for the role, and would rather keep it quiet at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Geo1986

They will take your phone and you get it back at the end. Good luck. At least you'll not have long to wait for results.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Have my AC soon, do they provide somewhere to leave belongings? Have a bit to travel so want to bring my phone. Whilst I'd normally do without I'm meeting a friend afterwards who isn't aware I'm applying for the role, and would rather keep it quiet at this stage

As above they'll take your phone until the end. You can leave your bag, etc. in the first room you arrive in.

I brought my own drinks and some snack bars so you can access your bag in your 'free time'.

Best of luck! :)

Homer01 wrote: »
    As above they'll take your phone until the end. You can leave your bag, etc. in the first room you arrive in.

I brought my own drinks and some snack bars so you can access your bag in your 'free time'.

Best of luck! :)

I should have done that homer, instead stupid me used vending machine and item got stuck. Shaking the life out of the machine is not a good look for AC! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭MissWillow12

It's done! Now the waiting game for results begin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

Today??

MD4PSNI wrote: »
    Today??

No not today did it earlier first time I had to post I had it done.

Waiting is the worst!

Timetravel wrote: »
    Waiting is the worst!

100% just glad to have it over with now.

100% just glad to have it over with now.

Did you find it tough? I'm pretty sure il be getting a thanks but no thanks email Dec 19th lol

Did you find it tough? I'm pretty sure il be getting a thanks but no thanks email Dec 19th lol

It's defiantly not easy put it that way. I hope I've done enough. How did you find it?

It's defiantly not easy put it that way. I hope I've done enough. How did you find it?

Yeah feeling the same! Very tough! Done mine earlier this week and can't stop going over everything in my head. All we can do is try. Long wait for results though.

Yeah feeling the same! Very tough! Done mine earlier this week and can't stop going over everything in my head. All we can do is try. Long wait for results though.

Very long wait. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭valor rorghulis

Same here.

Have to say, whilst I think the assessment centre is extremely fair in regards everyone getting an equal shot at it, I'm not really convinced its a good way to recruit the best police officers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 LovelyHorse

To those guys who found the AC suprisingly tough, what advice do you wish you had been given beforehand?

Advertisement