Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 2 - The Assessment Centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 nem1128

Hi, i'm new here. I have been lurking around here for a few months now. I've applied for the first time and I am waiting on AC results and I have no idea how well I did. The time spent waiting is mental torture though and I'm glued to reading this forum. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Hi nem1128.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Psni26

Iv yet to do my AC!

Psni26 wrote: »
    Iv yet to do my AC!

It wasn't that long ago I did mine. Good luck with yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Last week of ACs up this week.

Not long until that results e-mail now, so good luck everyone.

• Advertisement

The AC is a lot more intense that I expected!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭the411

I did really bad in one of the roleplays. There is so much information to take in. I have a feeling that I've failed :(

It is really intense it's hard to focus there's so much! But fingers crossed, and I'm guessing that you would have to get a pretty decent percentage to progress which I don't feel confident about!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Geo1986

I think as someone else has mentioned each part is graded then an overall grade so essentially you could mess up one or even two and still do enough to pass. It's been so long since I done mine I can't remember. Can't even remember the date for results now because I tried to put it out of my head-seems to have worked!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AlphaBravo6

MY AC TOMORROOOOOWWW :-O

Don't know whether I'm looking forward to it or I'm just crapping myself haha!!! :-\

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Suzuka

How soon are PCAs after AC results? Obviously won't be until after Christmas but would they be 1st/2nd week of Jan or later in the month/Feb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Suzuka wrote: »
    How soon are PCAs after AC results? Obviously won't be until after Christmas but would they be 1st/2nd week of Jan or later in the month/Feb?

It depends on your AC score.

Batches of candidates are phased every five weeks or so, higher scores being first and then working down the merit list.

I received the pass e-mail around March 2014 and have only just completed the PCA.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭soalpy

Whatever you do make sure you turn up early (30mins before) a guy got turned away for showing up more or less on time!!

imagine fighting through the initial test and a/c to be turned away at that stage for not turning up 30 minutes before. must be devastating.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

They've only themselves to blame. It states clearly on the email, if you're late you're not let in. Devastating yes but... They should've been better prepared

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pb82

It's horrible but It does state you should be there 30 minutes before to do all the admin

Would slow down the day for everyone else to let them proceed and you are on a pretty rigid timetable so can understand the refusal

To be honest even if they didn't want you to be there 30 mins early I still would have been anyway for something so important. I suppose it just means less competition for the people who actually want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pb82

nem1128 wrote: »
    To be honest even if they didn't want you to be there 30 mins early I still would have been anyway for something so important. I suppose it just means less competition for the people who actually want it.

I was an hour early

Hate the uncertainty of it all

To wear a suit or not etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

soalpy wrote: »
    Whatever you do make sure you turn up early (30mins before) a guy got turned away for showing up more or less on time!!

It's all part of the process; can the applicant follow basic written instructions?

I was shocked by the amount of applicants who didn't bring GCSE certificates, just statement of results. Even though it clearly states that a statement will not do. Rant over lol

I was amazed at how many people didn't fill out proforma or brought mobiles despite the email strongly advising you leave it behind. Baffles me. Glad it's over me because despite arriving early/having all paperwork/not bringing in phone, I still had a woeful day =/ time will tell how I actually done...

• Advertisement

.S. wrote: »
    I was amazed at how many people didn't fill out proforma or brought mobiles despite the email strongly advising you leave it behind. Baffles me. Glad it's over me because despite arriving early/having all paperwork/not bringing in phone, I still had a woeful day =/ time will tell how I actually done...

I didn't know about the proforma until I got there. When the person asked for it I nearly dropped through the floor. Because the email had an attachment my email address decided to send it to spam!

Think there's plenty that happened to. My pet peeve was the mobile phone thing lol. The Deloitte staff at my ac were helpful enough when registering. Only easy part of the day!

.S. wrote: »
    Think there's plenty that happened to. My pet peeve was the mobile phone thing lol. The Deloitte staff at my ac were helpful enough when registering. Only easy part of the day!

Haha I was the only person who didn't bring a mobile phone in my group.

I think it's impractical for a lot of people not to bring a mobile. I walked to my ac from work so my only other option would have been to hide it in a plant pot outside! It doesn't say not to bring a mobile with you anyway just that they aren't allowed during the assessment. I left mine in the car at my last ac but to be honest they didn't even pass remarks on mobiles just took them then gave them back

I wish we could find out the results sooner! you just relay things constantly in your head about the AC on what you could have done better!

What is the date? I can't get into my emails and I hid the sheet so I wouldn't think about it....I have the 18th in my head?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭warofattrition

Geo1986 wrote: »
    What is the date? I can't get into my emails and I hid the sheet so I wouldn't think about it....I have the 18th in my head?

Dec 19th

Thanks....I guess I can think about it now...4weeks to go - will make or break Xmas I think lol

I know you can't help be dramatic lol

• Advertisement

I guess the really annoying thing is that no matter how well we do...all the uncertainty about funding is a pain in the ass. First time round I was checking emails every half hour from AC to results. This time round I am like warm at best

Advertisement