Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 2 - The Assessment Centre

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭pastiesupper

Two weeks to go!!

Does anybody think that they will send out the results early? Do you think it will just be a pass/fail e-mail or will they send out the full breakdown with % score and grade?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ZeGerman

Hope they come out early, having sat my AC in one of the first sessions it's been a long old wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

Hope its early to put me out of my misery. If it's like last time ull get ur overall score then a breakdown of the sections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

I think they'll do it like last time. Send out emails over a few days with that being the last day. It will be a pass/fail with your score and grade. I think you'll receive an email at a later date with the breakdown. Seemed to work for them last time

I was one of the first last time, the waiting ruined my Christmas last year, hoping it's not ruined again this year with bad news lol. Anyone that's done it before find it much different? I still wanted to cry my eyes out after I finished this time 😩

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 newpsni

It's going to be either a very happy or a very sad Christmas for us all

My nerves are wrecked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Olyons19

I want to know NOW!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Geo1986

I thought it was a bit easier this time only because I knew what to expect. Still think I messed it up though. I was hoping we might get something today just because I am going insane waiting

Geo1986 wrote: »
    I thought it was a bit easier this time only because I knew what to expect. Still think I messed it up though. I was hoping we might get something today just because I am going insane waiting

Yea my nerves weren't as bad this time. I'm going mad myself at least were all going mad together on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Honestly, in my opinion with the budget, 100 figure being realised, I think I won't be in with a shot unless I'm A* or high A. And I know I won't have met that standard. Be interesting to see result, but I've lost hope of progressing really. Good luck to you all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

.S. wrote: »
    Honestly, in my opinion with the budget, 100 figure being realised, I think I won't be in with a shot unless I'm A* or high A. And I know I won't have met that standard. Be interesting to see result, but I've lost hope of progressing really. Good luck to you all.

Same. To be in with a chance we'll need a very high score. I know I haven't met that standard.

Given the current political climate this will probably be the last campaign for some time.

I guess I'm destined to spend my days at the power plant with Lenny and Carl :(

Homer01 wrote: »
    Same. To be in with a chance we'll need a very high score. I know I haven't met that standard.

Given the current political climate this will probably be the last campaign for some time.

I guess I'm destined to spend my days at the power plant with Lenny and Carl :(

But the first campaign was only meant to initially have 100 recruits. And there's been 8 squads so far. So if they are to run out about March time then surely they'll have this campaign running slowly but surely into the new financial year and onwards. I'm hoping that they'll draw us out slowly and try to get as many through so they don't have to pay out as much for the initial testing and ac...and maybe just maybe, this time round I'll pass the pca.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Suzuka

stay positive folks its not over until the fat lady sings

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

The first campaign secured more funding. This one it's very unlikely to happen. I'd rather be realistic and proved wrong than get my hopes up and be disappointed. When the service starts to really suffer, and it will with the lack of bodies on the ground, maybe the funding will increase then. Until then I'll bide my time. Time brings experience, that can only help. I love the gym so won't be easing up on that. Whenever I get my chance I'll be ready. I'd love to say I've worked enough for the 14050 ac to know I have a shot. But despite a LOT of prep work I found this AC harder than the last. The only bit I enjoyed was how they tested the IT. None of us should give up. But, I have put life on hold for this job. And I can't anymore. It'll always be my biggest goal. Just won't be my only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

I've been badgering people I know who are in the job asking about it and they have said within the service they have their intranet with bulletins and it said something along the lines that the budget was to be decreased by 60 mil however an extra 56 mil has been granted for security, also that 6963 officers was the fundamental criteria.

I was also told, that they could see the recruitment process will continue as normal, as the 100 recruited is up front, and that squads will be put in place to replace those that retire each month, it could mean a slower process but I have been told they can't imagine them not utilizing us considering we will cost 19k and those retiring will be on 40 to 50k.

We all need to just wait and see what the results hold for the AC and take it from there, everyone we're still in for it, don't lose hope just yet, I have said this before as I have been told this routinely there is lot of politicking being played here.

I done the same for the last campaign its not worth it. I planned no holidays or anything just incase. Stopped drinking and became a total health geek. As well as driving all my nearest round the bend. Wasn't worth it. This time I'm being sceptical. Suspense is killing me though. Every time my phone goes I think it's the famous email!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ZeGerman

My tuppence worth is that the slowdown means recruitment will be dragged out over 2 years instead of one. IMO campaign 1405 will have an intake every 2 months instead of every month. I have no evidence to back this up but my gut feeling. As was said before I haven't heard no ladies of a larger stature warbling yet.

I know this won't bother most here but how different will the job be vs a couple of years ago?

The CC himself said the service will be unrecognisable with all these cuts. Will it involve more office work? Less frontline policing and more back office paperwork. Doing more work for less salary :(

Regardless I'm still up for it if things work out but like S I'm more of a realist than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pb82

ZeGerman wrote: »
    My tuppence worth is that the slowdown means recruitment will be dragged out over 2 years instead of one. IMO campaign 1405 will have an intake every 2 months instead of every month. I have no evidence to back this up but my gut feeling. As was said before I haven't heard no ladies of a larger stature warbling yet.

If it's slowed down, it will be squads of 20 every 5 weeks as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Suzuka

Homer01 wrote: »
    I know this won't bother most here but how different will the job be vs a couple of years ago?

The CC himself said the service will be unrecognisable with all these cuts. Will it involve more office work? Less frontline policing and more back office paperwork. Doing more work for less salary :(

Regardless I'm still up for it if things work out but like S I'm more of a realist than anything else.
    I personally think this is where were in a better position as well not know any better, it'll be alot tougher for ones who have already been there x years

• Advertisement

Suzuka wrote: »
    I personally think this is where were in a better position as well not know any better, it'll be alot tougher for ones who have already been there x years

Very true :)
    Also the changes may contribute to even more leaving the service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D9PpcT-Mrg

20:40 or thereabouts will explain the recruitment position.

The plan 'at this stage', notable the CC says 'at this stage' three times, is to recruit 100 rather than 378 for the next financial year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

All of this is pretty depressing stuff!

Just for clarity, I was trying to add a bit of optimism in the mix! At least it's confirmed recruitment will not stop for next year and that 'at this stage' the plan is for 100 rather than stopping altogether.

If anyone caught Channel 4 news on Thursday night, there was a report on the PSNI and budget cuts. Obviously will get more publicity rather than local news and it was highlighting the potential security aspects, amongst other issues, arising from the cuts. I don't know enough about politics or economics to say whether it'll make any difference, but at least more publicity is being afforded to what is a major issue.

Sthm wrote: »

The plan 'at this stage', notable the CC says 'at this stage' three times, is to recruit 100 rather than 378 for the next financial year.

That is encouraging,100 is better than nothing and with his comments about the whole process being time consuming I'm guessing the merit list will be worked off if further funding becomes available

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

Any idea where in the video he mentions phase 1 recruitment?

DaveNi wrote: »
    Any idea where in the video he mentions phase 1 recruitment?

I didn't actually watch past that part about recruitment, so I'm not sure if it's mentioned or whether it's only within the report given to the NIPB.

With campaign one, the squad sizes may be reviewed on a course-by-course basis but I take some comfort that money is still being spent on medicals, vetting etc.

I didn't actually watch past that part about recruitment, so I'm not sure if it's mentioned or whether it's only within the report given to the NIPB.

With campaign one, the squad sizes may be reviewed on a course-by-course basis but I take some comfort that money is still being spent on medicals, vetting etc.

Campaign one is drawing to a close, think the medicals will be completed this month for everyone (mate of mine on 60 has his)

This would hopefully be enough for another few squads. The chief con said the other night he hoped campaign 2 would be starting to be recruited in may which would be about right with the time frame for vetting, pca and medical completions

This would give room for 3 more squads in February, March and April from campaign 1 which would be great

Wouldn't honestly expect them to stick to time frames. If they did I'd have been in intake 4 at the latest. Just be careful overthinking time frames and don't give yourself expectations of when you should hear back. I've broke my heart for several months over this and it's no good for you. I've learned to go with the "it will happen when it happens approach" lol

• Advertisement

Also don't forget there's one more PCA for deferrals in jan/feb which will still have to go through medicals etc

Advertisement