Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 2 - The Assessment Centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Its the anxiety that we go through with each stage, it would put years on you lol

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Yep Highbury that feeling kicked in for me on Friday.. We shall now where we stand soon enough... Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

I'm the same. starting to lose sleep over this. Nerves have been here since last week...preparing for the worst :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33 tino77

No point worrying folks, nothing we can do now! I actually think it comes at a good time. Going into 2015 we'll all have a much better idea of where we stand. Worst case scenario the ideal time to sit back and reassess. Wish everyone the best :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Do the Dear Johns go out on the same day as the Well Dones?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

From both campaigns so far, the trend has been pass e-mails first sent out and the unfortunate e-mails then follow later.

Receiving e-mails when replies are made to this thread doesn't do well for the aul nerves!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

When are ye expecting results ?

Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 newpsni

In regards to previous years. Should I expect to wake up to an email of sent at the end of Fridays working day ?

Just trying to settle some nerves here and get some sleep !

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Suzuka

newpsni wrote: »
    In regards to previous years. Should I expect to wake up to an email of sent at the end of Fridays working day ?

Just trying to settle some nerves here and get some sleep !
    I've found usually Friday between 4:45-7:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 newpsni

Thanks pal, trying to prepare myself for it mentally...

Do you know if they give PCA test dates in the email aswell or at a later date?

Sorry for the questions guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pb82

newpsni wrote: »
    Thanks pal, trying to prepare myself for it mentally...

Do you know if they give PCA test dates in the email aswell or at a later date?

Sorry for the questions guys!

Pca dates will come at a later date, they are based on your place on the merit pool

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

Suzuka wrote: »
    I've found usually Friday between 4:45-7:

I got my ac result mid morning last year :/ ibe tried guessing it but there's no point. It'll come when it comes. All I know either way is ill be getting very merry this weekend whether it's celebrating or drowning my sorrows! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Suzuka

Well there goes my theory lol

QueenP wrote: »
    I got my ac result mid morning last year :/ ibe tried guessing it but there's no point. It'll come when it comes. All I know either way is ill be getting very merry this weekend whether it's celebrating or drowning my sorrows! Lol

Well my works Christmas do is the Saturday, I hope I'm not drowning my sorrows, but the more I think about the mistakes I made the more I think that is more likely. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31 PCDiddley

Results are en route folks... may be the Dear Johns first of all, a friend of mine just got his.. 49%! Pass mark is 60%!

Looks like the dear John's first

Good luck folks

Ta for heads up, watching email like a hawk now then. Sorry to hear people have had bad news

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Back to the power plant for me.

Did better than last time but not good enough :(

Awk Homer I'm genuinely sorry to hear that. One day you'll get in, I think you'd be a great peeler =)

• Advertisement

I've just gone from wanting an email today to not wanting one.

Truly I am gutted for you guys who got the dear John's. I know you want this job as much as I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭crinkley

Wohoo 76.5, not bad for a first time. Congrats everyone else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Just got pass e-mail, just a shade off 80% this time round.

Genuinely sorry to hear about you guys who didn't quite make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Geo1986

Pass - just about but a pass. Got full marks in the written but but bombed most of the rest. Still a pass though ��

• Registered Users Posts: 31 PCDiddley

Just got mine, 80%... better than last time with 61%... so now stuck in two campaigns with no idea what will happen! Good luck to all those still waiting on results!!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ZeGerman

Passed

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭soalpy

60.5% thought i did better than that.. At least im still in the process

Good to hear of people passing

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Elorfanato

Passed with 64.75%. Got 51% last time round. The way these budget cuts are going looks like I could be in for a long wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭soalpy

yeah, its almost a worry if you got a low mark are you just going to be strung along :(

Advertisement