Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 2 - The Assessment Centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭soalpy

Mop a top wrote: »
    Passed and did worse than last time. Hearts just not in it anymore

what did you get in the previous campaign? im worried my mark is to low to count

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭warofattrition

Just a note that people posting exact marks,ie:76.25,will make themselves easier to identify to possible future employers :) only saying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭valor rorghulis

Low score pass for me. Hope ye feckers with your high scores get the job from the first campaign :P

Genuine commiserations to those who didn't pass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

I'm hoping most of those who passed are in the final stages of the 1309 campaign. :D

Oh and why would you post a 67.5/72.75?

Sounds better rounded up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭psnihopeful

Delighted I passed, 71.5% can't even believe it still and shock. I feel awful for those who didn't pass but keep the faith, what is for you won't go past you ☺️

I refuse to believe in fate.Others have told me to give up many times but Im a stubborn bollocks.

Its what I want to do and have wanted for a long time.

Whats for you wont pass you is guff!Its economics and politics which is holding us all back not some greater scheme of things!

Just my opinion mind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Chickee32

Hi everyone, new to here but long time lurker! Passed with 73 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Kitkat5

Mop a top wrote: »
    Passed and did worse than last time. Hearts just not in it anymore

Hey, I did worse this time too but still managed to scrape a pass! I sort of knew I wouldn't have scored as well this time so it's a relief to have passed anyway! Hoping I get a shot at fitness test again! Commiserations to any who have missed out this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pb82

I refuse to believe in fate.Others have told me to give up many times but Im a stubborn bollocks.

Its what I want to do and have wanted for a long time.

Whats for you wont pass you is guff!Its economics and politics which is holding us all back not some greater scheme of things!

Just my opinion mind :)

Too right

8 years I've been applying

Thankfully I'm in intake 8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Bearington

Passed! Major improvement on last campaign's score too!

Still hopeful of getting in on Campaign 1, so hopefully will be able to free up some space!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

pb82 wrote: »
    Too right

8 years I've been applying

Thankfully I'm in intake 8
    Congratulations to you for your perseverance. I hope others on here take note. It's the question I always ask those who fail the first or second time: How bad do you want it?

If you didn't get in this time around, and you really, really want to be a Police Officer, take the setback as a "not yet" as opposed to a "No". If you failed on the PCA, train more. If you didn't get in because of the IST, learn more. If you didn't get in because of the Assessment Centre, read your feedback and learn from the comments given.

If, like some, you feel inexorably drawn to a career in Policing, and you can't get away from the desire to get in and make a difference, then we need you badly.

Best of luck!

Shield wrote: »
    Congratulations to you for your perseverance. I hope others on here take note. It's the question I always ask those who fail the first or second time: How bad do you want it?

If you didn't get in this time around, and you really, really want to be a Police Officer, take the setback as a "not yet" as opposed to a "No". If you failed on the PCA, train more. If you didn't get in because of the IST, learn more. If you didn't get in because of the Assessment Centre, read your feedback and learn from the comments given.

If, like some, you feel inexorably drawn to a career in Policing, and you can't get away from the desire to get in and make a difference, then we need you badly.

Best of luck!

I want it so badly, I want to make a difference, I hope a low AC score doesnt close the door on me if I am fortunate to pass everything else. I have thought of nothing else but joining the PSNI for the last ten years. I can't see me trying for any other job, nor any other Police Service. Its the communities of Northern Ireland I want to serve. Its our youth I want to help, our elderly I want to protect, its the green uniform I want to wear with pride.

I probably sound like a complete nutcase now. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

Goonerdee wrote: »
    I want it so badly, I want to make a difference, I hope a low AC score closes the door on me if I am fortunate to pass everything else. I have thought of nothing else but joining the PSNI for the last ten years. I can't see me trying for any other job, nor any other Police Service. Its the communities of Northern Ireland I want to serve. Its our youth I want to help, our elderly I want to protect, its the green uniform I want to wear with pride.

I probably sound like a complete nutcase now. :p

Goonerdee you sound like me lol. Nothing nutcasey about it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

I don't want to divulge too much on what the email said but it seemed pretty positive from what it said about recruitment throughout 2015 and beyond. Anybody who passed within campaign 1 has basically been through the whole process, bare in mind that campaign 1 had a considerable amount more applicants so it's all relevant I suppose.

Also a fair amount of the folks on here who have got the pass so far seem to be also in campaign 1 waiting on the call, some may have already started, so there is still a few who will be heading into garnerville via campaign 1 who will obviously not be continuing through campaign 2 so again I suppose it's relevant.

My heart goes out to those who haven't passed just yet, but there is always next time and there will always be a next time. Congratulations to those who have got through.

Shield wrote: »

Best of luck!

In fairness,Shield,the generic feedback is useless and doesn't have specific areas that you can polish up on.

Its very hard to know exactly where you are going wrong unless "someone" tells you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Geo1986

I know last time round when i didn't pass I thought it was good to know which bits were better than others. Not a fan of role plays but knew I could do a lot better on the written bit so read quite a bit about concisely analysing information and summarising it for this one and it paid off. Got full marks in the written part and slightly improved the others. Think I was a bit less nervous this time round and definitely helped. I think the key is to know where your strengths are. While I agree the feedback could be a bit more in depth it definitely points you in the right direction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

I agree that the feedback is pretty iffy in that is doesn't necessarily suggest how to improve, but it does at least point you in the direction of what areas of the AC you need to look at for next time.

My final report in campaign one's AC turned out atrociously. I'm talking I got a score just shy of single digits in it. Thankfully, did well in the role-plays which secured getting a pass.

This time round, I thought long and hard about the report and where I'd gone wrong. Managed to get near full marks this time, so I definitely think the feedback is useful to some extent. In saying that, I do remember coming out of the AC thinking 'that report was an absolute bastard once again'!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

Sthm wrote: »
    I agree that the feedback is pretty iffy in that is doesn't necessarily suggest how to improve, but it does at least point you in the direction of what areas of the AC you need to look at for next time.

My final report in campaign one's AC turned out atrociously. I'm talking I got a score just shy of single digits in it. Thankfully, did well in the role-plays which secured getting a pass.

This time round, I thought long and hard about the report and where I'd gone wrong. Managed to get near full marks this time, so I definitely think the feedback is useful to some extent. In saying that, I do remember coming out of the AC thinking 'that report was an absolute bastard once again'!

See, last time I did really well in the report but this time I did appallingly and got 50% in it.... Overall my mark improved but I genuinely have no idea where I went wrong in the report as that really should have been strongest bit..

Catdog33 wrote: »
    See, last time I did really well in the report but this time I did appallingly and got 50% in it.... Overall my mark improved but I genuinely have no idea where I went wrong in the report as that really should have been strongest bit..

Kind of my point.You have no idea how you have done or what you could have done differently.You may think you've stormed it and sunk or that you've blown it and soared.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Rj408

Sthm wrote: »

Near full marks this time, as in close to 100%? If so bloody well done that is impressive. I wonder how many actually got above 80%+

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pb82

Rj408 wrote: »
    Near full marks this time, as in close to 100%? If so bloody well done that is impressive. I wonder how many actually got above 80%+

A girl my mate works with got 92%

Great scoring

pb82 wrote: »
    A girl my mate works with got 92%

Great scoring

She must be in the know to hit that score

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Rj408 wrote: »

Nono, sorry, I meant in the report itself! I'm just short of 80% this time round.

Anyone here score 80+?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Maybe it's experience but in the 13090 AC (my first AC) the exercises I thought myself I done worse in were the ones I actually scored better in. I knew nerves played a big part in my low score (63) in first AC and I done a LOT of prep for this AC. I left, and as a lot of people know, I wasn't at all happy with my performance. Missed a fairly critical point before first action plan/role play so only got Bs in those. But A/A* in rest. Mid 70s score, significantly better than first AC. I agree feedback can be frustrating but I do think it's enough to improve your performance. Think back on exercises, what was said etc. Its enough to get your scores up, enough to learn from. I was convinced Id messed up AC entirely, didn't think I'd even passed but I improved on my last score. I'm my own worst enemy, my own biggest critic. But have some faith in yourself. If you want it you can get the scores better. If my score is enough to progress happy days. If it isn't, whenever I get the chance to try again I will. And I'll get my score up more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

92% wow that's a serious score, fair play to her. Does anyone know or have any inkling at how many passed, I know last campaign it was 700 or so, but I'm just wondering with less applicants for campaign 2 has it had any impact? I'm assuming also vetting forms will start being mailed out relatively soon? Mind you I shouldn't assume lol.

Also, is it me or is there significantly less people posting on here with passes and fails?? I'm starting to think with the lower salary etc are people not into it as much, I'm still wanting it more than anything and if less people want it then that's a bonus I guess, I know of several people who didn't even attend the assessment once they found out of the starting salary.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ctaylorf

I agree Highbury, I feel as though there's a lot less people posting on here compared to the previous campaign. Despite my average score I'm hopeful that I'm still in with a chance given the lower amount of applicants this time round and also the fact that some people in the 2nd campaign are still waiting to see if they're through on campaign 1.

Hopefully vetting forms will be posted out soon and the ball will be rolling once again. Feeling positive :)

I agree with the lack of posters, altho being new to the forum and stalking it since the 1309 campaign itd surprise you how many read this but don't comment eg me. A friend informed me that the outlook for places from intake 2 is set to be low unless funding is secured.
    Having a grade B I'm not one bit confident I'll get the chance to get even to vetting this time. It took me 2 months last time from delayed results to get vetting forms...think I'll be lucky if I'm processed by this time next year judging by the scores on here.

The thing that is really getting me down at the moment is that I could pass all the stages and still get the door slammed in my face.

• Advertisement

We wouldn't b the first and we wouldn't be the last either. Has happened in previous campaigns. I don't think any other job application in the country is as mentally and emotionally testing as this. I'm just living for the day I'm standing suited and booted on the parade ground with the fambam sitting watching me strut my stuff

Advertisement