Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 2 - The Assessment Centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Razer33

I agree, also just reading over the results email there and it states along the lines that the psni intend to complete this campaign through to conclusion as originally planned? Is that not positive? As originally planned was 378 for 1405, or am I looking for something that isn't there lol

Yeah i took the same from it, pure speculation on my part but surely taking 100 would be counterproductive as it would mean splashing out on a campaign from scratch much sooner. I doubt we will hear much now over the christmas period as Suzuka said.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭valor rorghulis

Razer33 wrote: »
    Yeah i took the same from it, pure speculation on my part but surely taking 100 would be counterproductive as it would mean splashing out on a campaign from scratch much sooner. I doubt we will hear much now over the christmas period as Suzuka said.

I'm hoping the new chief constable is just playing his hand at the moment. Once the politicians sort out a financial deal for NI he'll be in a better position to demand more funding.

Have to say I really like the new chief constable, wasn't a huge fan of Matt Baggot, felt he just didn't really "get" Northern Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

The chief con now, knows the score he's done well thus far and he is pushing for more recruits he's been honest and upfront we're predecessors would not have been so much, there was nothing wrong with Matt Baggot he was just brought in as a more peace time mediator chief if that makes sense and northern Ireland unfortunately will never see true peace.

Lets hope it pans out reasonably, would be beyond gutting to be sitting capable of passing final stages with a decent AC score and politics be anyone's downfall

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭soalpy

how important is your AC score>?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

soalpy wrote: »
    how important is your AC score>?

In a word....extremely!!

Basically after your AC they'll have you on a merit list. Highest scores are first to be given vetting forms, be called for PCA, medicals and then play the waiting game for a call to start in GV. Obviously they're still calling people in the 60's but if there's only 100 spaces on campaign two I can't see them getting down the list too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Phil_91G

Hi...
    Was on a while ago explaining I passed the AC, I obviously haven't heard anything just yet was just wondering if anyone knew what to expect, is it just an Email agin or is it a letter to my home,

Any help here would be great

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

Phil_91G wrote: »
    Hi...
    Was on a while ago explaining I passed the AC, I obviously haven't heard anything just yet was just wondering if anyone knew what to expect, is it just an Email agin or is it a letter to my home,

Any help here would be great

Thanks

The stages after the AC are administered directly by the psni and they don't seem to use email very much for communication with applicants.

You most likely will recieve information in the post at some point depending on your score, but don't sit about waiting on the postman and worrying someone gets something and you don't (I did/still doing it and it drives you Insane). Just carry on as you did before, enjoy life outside of recruitment and roll with the stages/correspondence as they come.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JROB

Mop a top wrote: »
    In a word....extremely!!

Basically after your AC they'll have you on a merit list. Highest scores are first to be given vetting forms, be called for PCA, medicals and then play the waiting game for a call to start in GV. Obviously they're still calling people in the 60's but if there's only 100 spaces on campaign two I can't see them getting down the list too far.

Hi all, Im pretty new to the site.

So say they decide to let everyone who passed the AC onto the next stages of the process. Is there still a chance even if I pass the next stages with flying colours, that I wont get called forward to Garnerville? Will they still be using AC scores at this point to call recruits forward?

JROB wrote: »
    Hi all, Im pretty new to the site.

So say they decide to let everyone who passed the AC onto the next stages of the process. Is there still a chance even if I pass the next stages with flying colours, that I wont get called forward to Garnerville? Will they still be using AC scores at this point to call recruits forward?

Pretty much all you can do is pass/fail these next stages, your AC score will determine when you get to do them and ultimately if you get called depending on the numbers they are taking, which is all quite up in the air at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 JROB

Razer33 wrote: »
    Pretty much all you can do is pass/fail these next stages, your AC score will determine when you get to do them and ultimately if you get called depending on the numbers they are taking, which is all quite up in the air at the moment.

But say (for example), they are looking to recruit 300 people. 500 get called onto the next stages and pass. How do they pick those 300 from the 500 candidates? Do your AC scores come into play again then? Sorry if im being stupid, its tricky to get your head around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

But say (for example), they are looking to recruit 300 people. 500 get called onto the next stages and pass. How do they pick those 300 from the 500 candidates? Do your AC scores come into play again then? Sorry if im being stupid, its tricky to get your head around.

If all of the 500, for talk sake, passed the PSNI administered stages and there were only 300 to be appointed then they'd choose the top 300 in order of AC scores.

Theres absolutely no such thing as a stupid question when it comes to this process and all are helpful.
    Basically what Sthm said, your AC score will play a massive role as they use it to form the merit list.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pb82

As above, your AC Score determines everything time wise throughout the process

Now that your details are with the psni the rest of the process is in batches

It isn't like when deloitte were in control ie everyone who passed the ist gets called to the AC

The psni will send out vetting forms to a batch of candidates with the highest scores and then this batch will continue on to the pca, medical and merit list where they will wait for the call

This process is repeated until either the funding runs out or the merit pool is exhausted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

pb82 wrote: »
    As above, your AC Score determines everything time wise throughout the process

Now that your details are with the psni the rest of the process is in batches

It isn't like when deloitte were in control ie everyone who passed the ist gets called to the AC

The psni will send out vetting forms to a batch of candidates with the highest scores and then this batch will continue on to the pca, medical and merit list where they will wait for the call

This process is repeated until either the funding runs out or the merit pool is exhausted

Praying for the latter! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭StingrayGC

Looks like there may be some light at the end of the tunnel.

Parties reach agreement in Stormont talks, "Broad agreement" has been reached in talks between the five parties in the Stormont power-sharing administration.

Sorry I cant post a link as I am a newbie, just give it a quick google, looks like David Cameron has promised £2 Billion, hopefully some of these funds will be used for police recruitment.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 coolhand50

anyone have any idea what the numbers are like tested at AC? is it around the 500 mark or maybe 1000? i passed AC but with a VERY low score btw, just to add to the list from before lol!

I think it is just a matter of waiting now, enjoy your Christmas and try not to worry about something we have no control over, hopefully the new year will bring some good news for some of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Youdontknowme6

I wonder what this new deal means for Northern Ireland and specifically the PSNI, surely they will get some of this money or have their cuts stopped at least. Hopfully we will hear more of the details the next couple of days.

I have a decent AC score but not sure how many would actually be above me. Do you guys think there will be many scored in the 80-90 range?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭valor rorghulis

I wonder what this new deal means for Northern Ireland and specifically the PSNI, surely they will get some of this money or have their cuts stopped at least. Hopfully we will hear more of the details the next couple of days.

I have a decent AC score but not sure how many would actually be above me. Do you guys think there will be many scored in the 80-90 range?

I doubt many, and I suspect the vast majority to get such a high score were those who had previously completed an assessment centre and therefore knew what was coming. This would mean some of them could actually get in from the previous campaign.

in a nutshell, you're in a great position, make sure you're in good fitness

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Lol I did much worse 2nd time round :/

• Registered Users Posts: 15 AAPD123

Do we get sent a merit list so see were we actually lie on it?

I honestly don't know but I would doubt it.

StingrayGC wrote: »
    I honestly don't know but I would doubt it.

how did you get on in the ist/ac?

I just barely scrapped through the IST, hate those things, I got 70% in the AC, so fingers crossed but I think it's just a waiting game, hopefully when the first batch are called for PCT they will post on here with their AC results, which should give us an idea of our position.

Well that's my take on it anyways, how did you get on?

51 IST 75 AC so i dunno where ill lie.. im sure we'll not hear anything until the new year though?

With a score of 75% you should be well in there with an early shout, well done, just keep up the fitness and wait for the envelope, I would say the first letters will be out early January, but that is a total guess

thanks pal. I hope so. We'll hopefully hear what the intake numbers are aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

AAPD123 wrote: »
    Do we get sent a merit list so see were we actually lie on it?

Unfortunately not. I was just happy to be on it, you both have pretty good scores so I wouldn't worry too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pb82

Cromlech wrote: »
    Unfortunately not. I was just happy to be on it, you both have pretty good scores so I wouldn't worry too much.

You don't go into the actual 'merit pool' until you have completed all 5 stages

Advertisement