Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 2 - The Assessment Centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Razer33

Has anyone got a link to where it was said that the numbers for 1405 were down to 100? I was just reading the CC's report to policing board from October and it simply says that:

'Competition two, which is currently running, will continue as the majority of the budgeted spend has already been invested. The intake of new officers will however be substantially slower. The plans for a third recruitment competition have been stopped.'

Sorry if that has been asked before but i'd just like to read a bit more about the reduction to 100 rather than 378 odd.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Suzuka

Razer33 wrote: »
    Has anyone got a link to where it was said that the numbers for 1405 were down to 100? I was just reading the CC's report to policing board from October and it simply says that:

'Competition two, which is currently running, will continue as the majority of the budgeted spend has already been invested. The intake of new officers will however be substantially slower. The plans for a third recruitment competition have been stopped.'

Sorry if that has been asked before but i'd just like to read a bit more about the reduction to 100 rather than 378 odd.
    Thanks

This article on the BBC news website mentioned the reduction in recruits to 100, was taken from the December policing board meeting in public
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-30333080

Be interesting if they amend this with any new money after the January monitoring round, probably announce something at the next policing board meeting (February)

I'm near sure I read somewhere that the PM/SOS said that any additional money must safeguard policing/health aswell with the Stormont Agreement, don't take my word for that though I can't place my hand on the article ATM. Plus there's always a possibility the CC is just scare mongering about lower numbers like the department ministers are to secure additional funding but tbh who knows! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Geo1986

I would say the policing budget would have been high up the agenda in the recent talks. I would guess they will get the funding to recruit the 377 needed. Would be a bit silly to leave your police force short of numbers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 newpsni

Anyone know if that after GV has finished, new recruits go into neighbourhood policing on bicycles first before going into response? Just been told that this may be the case

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

newpsni wrote: »
    Anyone know if that after GV has finished, new recruits go into neighbourhood policing on bicycles first before going into response? Just been told that this may be the case

From anyone I know who has passed out, all of one lol, neighbourhood policing is where folks are going not like before where it was response, neighbourhood and community policing is shot so seems everyone is heading there for the 2 years during probation for the mean time anyway, again I'm only going on what I have been told lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pb82

From anyone I know who has passed out, all of one lol, neighbourhood policing is where folks are going not like before where it was response, neighbourhood and community policing is shot so seems everyone is heading there for the 2 years during probation for the mean time anyway, again I'm only going on what I have been told lol

Service first dictates that you should do 10 weeks neighbourhood, 10 weeks response and 10 weeks case progression team

Unsure whether the case progression team part is carrying on as it is just in belfast not service wide as first planned

Got a couple of mates finishing up their first 10 weeks NPT in couple of weeks to go into response

Some people started in response and should be moving to NPT

pb82 wrote: »
    Service first dictates that you should do 10 weeks neighbourhood, 10 weeks response and 10 weeks case progression team

Unsure whether the case progression team part is carrying on as it is just in belfast not service wide as first planned

Got a couple of mates finishing up their first 10 weeks NPT in couple of weeks to go into response

Some people started in response and should be moving to NPT

There you go answered lol, that's actually pretty cool, a bit of variety, makes sense too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

So Iv been reading the posts over the last few days, AC score of 74, would I be sat in the top bracket or average ?

Hi, I got 71% AC in 1309 campaign and should have been in intake 4 I think with my score but vetting held me up. If I were you I'd be training for PCA, depends on how many scored more than you but the longer you're training the better I guess. Good luck

Thanks for all your help guys! Just the waiting game now I suppose. Any ideas as to when the vetting forms and PCA invite dates will begin to roll out?

Thanks for all your help guys! Just the waiting game now I suppose. Any ideas as to when the vetting forms and PCA invite dates will begin to roll out?

I would imagine soon mate, for those that would be processed first it would have to be soon, May is the start of the intakes for 1405 as the chief said on his twitter Q and A at the start of December. So I would say within the next week, 2 at a max, for there to be enough time to process vetting, physicals, medicals and then the online learning too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

If I remember correctly the first batch from the last campaign got contacted on the 21st of Jan last year and were in for May time, so perhaps something similar this year? Does anyone know how many they phase through at a time? Think I would be one of the first ones up but not too sure as you never know.

Who knows, more time it take more time I have to hit the roads and get ready for the PCA! Hopefully they take on more than 100 tho, I am sure we will all be listening to the policing board news in Feb.

It's gone very quiet in here...

I'm worried! Anyone any news or even slight speculation on when vetting forms will begin to roll out for any of us?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

I'm worried! Anyone any news or even slight speculation on when vetting forms will begin to roll out for any of us?

Vetting forms went out at the end of last week for people who got a* or high A in AC. The ball is rolling!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

Vetting forms went out the other day for those who scored 70+ (If I remember correctly). When the rest recieve them would be anybodies guess.

Wowwwwwww!!!! That's crazy! Excellent news. Hopefully some movement this side then for the mid A's!

Exciting!!!

Cromlech wrote: »
    Vetting forms went out the other day for those who scored 70+ (If I remember correctly). When the rest recieve them would be anybodies guess.

74 here and nothing received cromlech. Should I be worried?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭the411

I am mid 70's as well and I haven't received anything either. :(

the411 wrote: »
    I am mid 70's as well and I haven't received anything either. :(

I'm mid 70s too but from what I've heard it was only over 80s and high 70s that got. Could be another couple of weeks before the rest of the 70s hear..

74 here and nothing received cromlech. Should I be worried?

Hop over to the 1405 campaign news thread. The guys who got forms said there. Think the lowest was about 78...?

Catdog33 wrote: »
    Hop over to the 1405 campaign news thread. The guys who got forms said there. Think the lowest was about 78...?

Okie dokes mate. Have you a link for the thread?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Judging from the posts on here, it seems that 78+ received vetting so far. I returned mine today and await PCA invite now.

I would guess the remaining 70s are up in 4-5 weeks, so not long at all for you guys.

Okie dokes mate. Have you a link for the thread?

It's telling me I can't post a link as I'm a new user even though I've been a member for over a year lol!
    I'll try with spaces in the link...

http:// touch .boards.ie/ thread/2057357840/1

Catdog33 wrote: »
    It's telling me I can't post a link as I'm a new user even though I've been a member for over a year lol!
    I'll try with spaces in the link...

http:// touch .boards.ie/ thread/2057357840/1

Perfect, got it buddy! Thanks a million.

My jelly legs are rattling! Well done to those who got their forms!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

Sorry my mistake I meant high 70's and up. I really should have checked before I post.

Anyone else receive a letter about their process not being continued at this time although the merit list remains live?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 j3llybean

Anyone else receive a letter about their process not being continued at this time although the merit list remains live?

Yes- early 70s gutted, is this the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Icarus9

Highly doubtful, massive number of retirements coming up, force is really stretched, big overtime payments hurting the budget. Recruitment makes sense but may have to be at a slower rate from the sounds of it but with no new campaign on the horizon I wouldn't lose hope on this campaign even if you got a letter today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Olyons19

Yeah. Gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

Icarus9 wrote: »
    Highly doubtful, massive number of retirements coming up, force is really stretched, big overtime payments hurting the budget. Recruitment makes sense but may have to be at a slower rate from the sounds of it but with no new campaign on the horizon I wouldn't lose hope on this campaign even if you got a letter today.

Exactly, they cannot afford not to recruit. PSNI paid 70 MILLION last financial year in over time, which is just madness (FOI from their website). They have a lot of older officers who make a good wage and a better over time, with the security alerts etc all the time that bill is always going to be high. When these older police officers retire it will free up a lot of money, not least their wage but also their overtime bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭valor rorghulis

Didn't get letter yet but im further afield. Why didn't they just email? Or is that a deloitte only thing?

Advertisement