Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 2 - The Assessment Centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭soalpy

Got one of the letters, psni are complete time wasters.. Pass all that they ask and still get shafted. Would rather they had of informed Deloitte of how many they actually needed. I got a low 60, but I would be even more pissed if I got a 70 as that is a great mark!! Jokers

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Geo1986

Not looking forward to getting home now lol

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭StingrayGC

Yeah, I scored 70 myself but have just been told that there is a letter waiting at home for me, pretty gutted to be honest, however no point crying over the old spilt milk, best of luck to those that got the good news :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭soalpy

The old spilt milk metaphor.... Dont know if its appropriate at this stage as its not like anything has been failed/spilt... If you call the spilt milk a waste of your time then i could agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

Soalpy, the letter says the merit list is still live. They can't proceed until more funding becomes available (likely to be April)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

soalpy wrote: »
    The old spilt milk metaphor.... Dont know if its appropriate at this stage as its not like anything has been failed/spilt... If you call the spilt milk a waste of your time then i could agree.

It could be worse, myself and many others from campaign 1 are still waiting and also face the prospect of not getting the job and that's with everything completed and passed almost a year and a half later. Some of the higher scorers have been waiting so long that their Pca's have expired and they should technically have been in GV already.

Look at the positives, it's not an outright rejection and it gives you more time to prepare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

As above, it's not a rejection letter at all.

Even regardless of any delays due to budget pressures, it's always going to take some time to work further down the merit list anyway. From my own experience in campaign one, I got the AC pass e-mail around March 2014 stating that the 'PSNI will be in touch soon'. It took to July when I received an e-mail to say I was being processed and then I received vetting forms in September. In my view, it's at least good that they're keeping candidates informed this time round rather than being kept in the dark for months on end.

We'll know from next Thursday for definite, but I would be surprised if the processing doesn't resume within the next couple of months or April.

Its always good to hear some positive information, at least they are keeping us informed, thanks Cromlech & Sthm

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭psnihopeful

We are all in it together :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

Yeah you would imagine the size of the force, the amount of people and way things are in this country (security alert every other day!) they will need a strong force with constant recruitment.

Better informed than last years batch it seems so thats a positive, would say it will kick start again in April. The letters we got basically said your in the process and if your personal details have changed let us know, its a long process and don't contact us. Haha! So the top scorers may also be in for a long wait...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Moderator post. No replies necessary:

Guys can ye please try and keep this thread as related to the Assessment Centre as possible? I understand that someone says one thing, and that thing then gets picked up on, and we're away on a tangent.

I appreciate you all for helping the forum stay somewhat structured.

Thanks,

-Shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jackrabbit09

Has anyone else scored mid 70's and not received correspondence at all? (1405)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 elliotness

Anyone received their online learning now? Starting June, wondering what the next stage is and how long I have to get fit for the PCA and medical

Have a look at the tread called 1405 campaign news, seems way more up to date, Sorry but I cannot post a link as I am a new user.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ZeGerman

Just thought I'd give this thread a wee bump.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭rndj

I thought I would blow the dust off this thread seeing as some of us have received our IST results today.
    Thankfully, I passed and I am genuinely sorry to see some of those comments from regular boardies who didn't make it through.
    Here's to everyone that passed the IST and moving on to AC, good luck to everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

rndj wrote: »
    I thought I would blow the dust off this thread seeing as some of us have received our IST results today.
    Thankfully, I passed and I am genuinely sorry to see some of those comments from regular boardies who didn't make it through.
    Here's to everyone that passed the IST and moving on to AC, good luck to everyone!

Glad to say I can now visit this board again. Absolutely gutted for those who haven't made it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭D4z

Does anyone know any decent classes to prepare for Stage 2?

I remember there was a class I attended about 4 years ago but when I got to Stage 2 I realised it did nothing to prepare me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

D4z wrote: »
    Does anyone know any decent classes to prepare for Stage 2?

I remember there was a class I attended about 4 years ago but when I got to Stage 2 I realised it did nothing to prepare me...

There's a good one called Boards.ie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭PCWannabe

I am so glad I can progress on to this thread! I've always lurked on this forum but only started posting yesterday (I think). I was in C1 and got right through to the PCA but failed :(. Got a great AC score last time and didn't go to any courses. Not sure if I want to leave it up to chance again though. Need to get in this time! The process is too stressful haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Momc82

It's good to be back!
    Here we go again, another stage on, in this rat race we call, trying to become a "peeler".

PCWannabe wrote:
    I am so glad I can progress on to this thread! I've always lurked on this forum but only started posting yesterday (I think). I was in C1 and got right through to the PCA but failed . Got a great AC score last time and didn't go to any courses. Not sure if I want to leave it up to chance again though. Need to get in this time! The process is too stressful haha

It can't hurt to do a course to prep as the assessment centre scores are getting higher and higher due to the fact that a lot of people are doing the AC have done it before on C1 or C2. I am sure you know that the higher up the AC score you finish the quicker you are progressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭letsdoit2013

I can finally post here after my 4th attempt at the ist thankfully with a pass this time!

Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Airborne2PARA

Has anyone emailed delloitte? I have got a reply saying they had received my email, a few days later I got another from postmaster saying it has failed?

Has anyone had the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

Has anyone emailed delloitte? I have got a reply saying they had received my email, a few days later I got another from postmaster saying it has failed?

Has anyone had the same?

Were you using the joinpsni email address?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Airborne2PARA

Were you using the joinpsni email address?

Yes just unsure as I got a auto reply, then apparently its not sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

Yes just unsure as I got a auto reply, then apparently its not sent.

The only thing I can think of is that they are out of office for Christmas and don't want a full inbox when they return.

I know they say not to phone, but it might be worthwhile just to see if there is anyone there and explain that your emails aren't being received at the email address the say to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭twoblub

Hi Folks. New account old boards head, closed the old one to spend less time on here but didn't happen.

Question as I've made it to A/C from my reading of the familiarisation material supplied to us Im just wondering, is there an formal interview or situational one at the A/C? Or is it we will be scored on the excerises listed in the material, against the core competencies listed? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Unless it's changed since campaign 2 it's all roleplay based, no formal interview as such, scored entirely on how you perform in each exercise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

That's the older structure and the way most mainland forces do it.

Personally I think it's crazy not to include an interview. It might weed out some those recruits that drop out during GV.
    I wonder why they dropped it.

Advertisement