Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 2 - The Assessment Centre

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭stm1

swl33t wrote: »
    Nothing for me! Who knows how it went though. Have you been training?

Not much. I run a bit. A couple of weeks notice would be enough time to get up to scratch though.

April can't come soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

Had a missed call from a "NO CALLER ID" number. Without jumping the gun seen that some people from 1405 campaign have had phone calls recently. So just wondering if anyone else has had one?

It could be work or advertising agency's but just in case.

Anything at this stage comes through email so I wouldn't worry too much.

I imagine we still have a bit of waiting to do and that the march date indicated for possible progression through the next stages will be when they start sending invites for PCA (or whatever they are planning to start with) and not when they actually start, so we will still have time to prep, if fortunate enough to get an early shout.

Although your nerves will be wrecked when you get to the 'wait' stage and the unknown/withheld numbers keep ringing haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

Had a missed call from a "NO CALLER ID" number. Without jumping the gun seen that some people from 1405 campaign have had phone calls recently. So just wondering if anyone else has had one?

It could be work or advertising agency's but just in case.

If you've a missed call from recruitment they will leave an answer phone message telling you to call them back. This happened to me so if there's no message chances are it's not the po po.

Anything at this stage comes through email so I wouldn't worry too much.

I imagine we still have a bit of waiting to do and that the march date indicated for possible progression through the next stages will be when they start sending invites for PCA (or whatever they are planning to start with) and not when they actually start, so we will still have time to prep, if fortunate enough to get an early shout.

Although your nerves will be wrecked when you get to the 'wait' stage and the unknown/withheld numbers keep ringing haha.

Once your being progressed after the AC stage, all correspondence will be directly from the PSNI and will be done by the post except for the online learning details.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bustermoon

WannabePC wrote: »
    Once your being progressed after the AC stage, all correspondence will be directly from the PSNI and will be done by the post except for the online learning details.

The good old unmarked, sellotaped envelope that feels like your life could change on opening - more waiting or deep despair!

• Advertisement

Bustermoon wrote: »
    The good old unmarked, sellotaped envelope that feels like your life could change on opening - more waiting or deep despair!

You know what it is as soon as you see it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭D4z

stm1 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, been lurking for a while but this is my first post.

So at my AC recently I was told to be ready for call ups for PCA from 1st March. Assuming they would need to give at least a couple weeks notice today is 3 weeks until the 1st. Has anyone heard anything?

My AC date is over a week after that date :eek:

Oh yeah, I forgot it was snail mail, seems like a lifetime ago I went through the latter stages in C1. Cheers for the correction, don't want to be giving out false info :)

Oh yeah, I forgot it was snail mail, seems like a lifetime ago I went through the latter stages in C1. Cheers for the correction, don't want to be giving out false info :)

No worries buddy. To be fair anything I ever got was either the next day or within 2 at most and that's with a late afternoon appointments in the day!

No worries buddy. To be fair anything I ever got was either the next day or within 2 at most and that's with a late afternoon appointments in the day!

In C1 I had fairly long gaps between stages, other than the medical pass letter, which was a day or so later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

Not worried about vetting. Not worried about PCA. Big time worried about AC score!

In C1 I had fairly long gaps between stages, other than the medical pass letter, which was a day or so later.

There was a gap of about 3/4 weeks or s between each stage for me but I got pass letters etc back very quickly.

There was a gap of about 3/4 weeks or so between each stage for me but I got pass letters etc back very quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Robyn O

I messed up my AC. Completed everything then wrote my report in the unmarked booklet and quickly scrawled bullet points in the 6mins I had left into the correct booklet. Could I still pass AC?

Robyn O wrote: »
    I messed up my AC. Completed everything then wrote my report in the unmarked booklet and quickly scrawled bullet points in the 6mins I had left into the correct booklet. Could I still pass AC?

Pretty sure as long as you put down the relevant info, the format doesn't really make a difference.

I put some down in bullet points and some in paragraphs depending on what I was trying to put across.

I wouldn't worry too much, you are assessed on the entire day and not just the last writing exercise, so you could still score highly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Robyn O

hopefully! Can't believe how silly I was! Fingers crossed

I scored really well in all my role plays and didn't do too bad in the preparation exercise but messed up the final report quite badly and still passed and got the call to go to GV. Even if you scored only 10 out of 25 for the last report you could get still pass and get in. When are the results for the AC due to be out?

I am in the same boat. Don't feel like I completed the final report well at all - or the prep parts either. But then again its designed so that we don't come away feeling like we aced every part. Otherwise its too easy.

Results are out mid April.

stm1 wrote: »
    I am in the same boat. Don't feel like I completed the final report well at all - or the prep parts either. But then again its designed so that we don't come away feeling like we aced every part. Otherwise its too easy.

Results are out mid April.

April seems like a lifetime away for you guys, better putting the process out of your head until then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

As others said it is just one element of the day. Still perfectly feasible to pass this.

Best of luck :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Momc82

Sore head, completely drained, unnerved, wondering what's just happened...... yes..... My AC is complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Drummer64

Momc82 wrote: »
    Sore head, completely drained, unnerved, wondering what's just happened...... yes..... My AC is complete.

I hear you, did mine few weeks ago and still dont know what happened or if I did okay!

Drummer64 wrote: »
    I hear you, did mine few weeks ago and still dont know what happened or if I did okay!

I've no idea how it went. All I can think about is what I didn't say/write.
    Out of my hands now.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Drummer64

Momc82 wrote: »
    I've no idea how it went. All I can think about is what I didn't say/write.
    Out of my hands now.

I am exactly the same, sitting here thinking I should have done this and dammit why did I do that! Bit worried with everyone talking about only getting through with scores of 70ish plus. That seems like a high score to me but then again we have no idea how they are scoring it so maybe its not. Too much over thinking and too much waiting time left lol

70+ seems crazy to me too.
    I hope we both did better than we think!

I'm so glad to see others thinking exactly the same as me. My head was frazzled for about a week after mine. As others have said though you just have to put it out of your head. April is a long way away.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 blue3790

First time AC candidate here with mine being very soon.
    Never felt as nervous about anything before- definitely a large part of it is the 'walking into the unknown' as such.
    Think my biggest disadvantage will definitely be nerves- I can get myself easily worked up to the point of not being able to think straight.
    I've a few questions for you peeps who have been through this a few times:
    1) In terms of business attire for the girls, do most girls go in trousers or skirts?Likewise heels or flats?
    2) Apart from all relevant documentation, is there anything I should bring with me? Planning on bringing lunch since we can't leave the location although I doubt I'll have much time to eat.
    3) is there any way at all to prepare? Want this badly and don't want to mess it up. Any tips at all would be greatly appreciated
    4) will i always be playing the role of a constable?

As I mentioned above, any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Hi my lovely!!!

I scored better my first AC so don't panic about the Unknown lol. This goes for the AC and PCA, I'm sure I'm not the only one on here but anyone I've personally spoken to, they felt more nervous the second time cos they knew what was ahead of them.

I woke a black/grey pencil dress, natural make up and a pair of kitten heeled court shoes with a light weight black cardigan. Layers are always best in case you get flustered lol.

I brought snack bars, fruit and a bottle of water. They have tea and coffee available while you're waiting between scenarios and if you're a smoker you check in your papers and can be excused for a quick break. You'll have a break between some scenarios, depending on the rotation you get so I just grazed and went through what I had done previously.

Answers to question 3 & 4 my lovely, read all the Apendix on your email. There's clues in there about what they're looking for and what you will be doing. Fair enough there's nothing about the scenarios but the qualities are obvious. Keep them in mind when you're going through your AC.

Don't panic and if you do mess up forget about it. There's several stages to the day. I totally messed up one, got a D in it and walked away with an A overall the first time so it can be done.

Just remember they're not looking for ready made constables, they're looking for someone with the potential to become one!!!!

Good luck my lovely, any more questions feel free to give me a shout x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Mop a top wrote: »

I brought snack bars, fruit and a bottle of water. They have tea and coffee available while you're waiting between scenarios and if you're a smoker you check in your papers and can be excused for a quick break. You'll have a break between some scenarios, depending on the rotation you get so I just grazed and went through what I had done previously.

Highly recommend this. They do have tea, coffee and water but much better to bring your own drink of choice. Don't forget those snacks! :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

I dont know how any of you had time to eat during the AC lol

Advertisement