Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 2 - The Assessment Centre

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Timetravel wrote: »
    I dont know how any of you had time to eat during the AC lol

Lol always find a way to eat!!! I think if Id pass out if I didn't. It was cup of tea, snack in one hand, pen in the other lol. Besides women are awesome at multitasking and eating on the go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

Mop a top wrote: »
    Lol always find a way to eat!!! I think if Id pass out if I didn't. It was cup of tea, snack in one hand, pen in the other lol. Besides women are awesome at multitasking and eating on the go

i was in 1min before the cut off time on mine so didn't even have a wallet or anything with me! The jugs of water were a lifesaver. I am not a multitasker lol

Single mum of a few, roughly translates to awesome multitasker and organiser capable to eat anything on the go and usually cold, prepared for pretty much anything up to and including zombie invasion or apocalypse lmfao ;)

Lol it will come

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

Mop a top wrote: »
    Single mum of a few, roughly translates to awesome multitasker and organiser capable to eat anything on the go and usually cold, prepared for pretty much anything up to and including zombie invasion or apocalypse lmfao ;)

Lol it will come

It might come before these results at this rate! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭networksearch1

Queenie34 wrote: »
    Did my AC last week. It was tough as I knew it would be!!! The part that really amazed me was the lady at the end came to take our folders and said we might be called for PCA from 1 March onwards and it doesn't mean we've passed AC she said the aim is for everyone who has attended the AC to go through PCA. I just think that's mental going through PCA not knowing if you've passed AC. Anyone else told this?

Doesn't sound right.
    I have my physical in March for the 1405 campaign. .Now there was issues with the forces budget and my score was mid low 60s and its taken me 15monthes to get my letter from passing AC for 1405 campaigned to be doing my physical

The day before my physical I also have the AC for this new campaign 1505- tough 2days.

The process may well have changed now but doing your fitness test the month before the results for the AC are out sounds a bit iffy....tho with deloitte the unexpected is to be expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

Doesn't sound right.
    I have my physical in March for the 1405 campaign. .Now there was issues with the forces budget and my score was mid low 60s and its taken me 15monthes to get my letter from passing AC for 1405 campaigned to be doing my physical

The day before my physical I also have the AC for this new campaign 1505- tough 2days.

The process may well have changed now but doing your fitness test the month before the results for the AC are out sounds a bit iffy....tho with deloitte the unexpected is to be expected.

nothing sounds right with psni recruitment buddy. Unfortunately.

Hell they even managed to schedule my medical (1405 campaign) on the same date as my assessment centre for the latest campaign. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭networksearch1

nothing sounds right with psni recruitment buddy. Unfortunately.

Hell they even managed to schedule my medical (1405 campaign) on the same date as my assessment centre for the latest campaign. :rolleyes:

Ano,it's a mess lol
    My AC for 1505 is day before my physical for 1405..thankfully they didn't fall on the same day.
    Least I'm in both still,cover all aspects.

Ano,it's a mess lol
    My AC for 1505 is day before my physical for 1405..thankfully they didn't fall on the same day.
    Least I'm in both still,cover all aspects.

Precisely, one would like to think (in both our cases) by being in both recruitment campaigns we will get in somehow eventually :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Doesn't sound right.

My understanding is you could be called from March onwards if you scored highly. So you'll only get called IF you pass.

They did the exact same last year but this time they are letting us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Queenie34

Homer01 wrote: »
    My understanding is you could be called from March onwards if you scored highly. So you'll only get called IF you pass.

They did the exact same last year but this time they are letting us know.

In reality I'd say you're right they will take the highest scores from March onwards but that's not what she said to me because I questioned her about it, she clearly said you can be called from 1st March onwards regardless if you've passed or not! She emphasised to everyone in my group to start training if we hadn't already. Don't know what to make of myself but I'm just stating what she told me. They sure know how to mess with your head lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

In reality I'd say you're right they will take the highest scores from March onwards but that's not what she said to me because I questioned her about it, she clearly said you can be called from 1st March onwards regardless if you've passed or not! She emphasised to everyone in my group to start training if we hadn't already. Don't know what to make of myself but I'm just stating what she told me. They sure know how to mess with your head lol

That's exactly what my group where told aswell, it is odd but I don't think anyone will complain about getting progressed to the next stage before results are out.

That's exactly what my group where told aswell, it is odd but I don't think anyone will complain about getting progressed to the next stage before results are out.

haha, this will benefit me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭stm1

I'd say they just said that to keep themselves right to prevent an influx of emails once people start hearing of others being invited for PCA. The AC is marked on individual merit and not whether you are better than the person before or after you so they know who has scored well enough to pass. I highly doubt they will bring low scores or fails through this early if at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

The way it was said at mine was the opposite lol. He put it across that only if you passed you'd be called early. So yes you passed but wouldn't receive your breakdown email until later.

I'd be gutted if I was asked to PCA only to be told later I'd failed AC :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭PCbobby

Doesn't sound right.

This is all really strange. On that plan I could be invited to do PCA while waiting on the call in March. So I could be waiting on two calls if they don't close the previous campaign soon. Would that mean I get 2 jobs and 2 wages...?

PCbobby wrote: »
    This is all really strange. On that plan I could be invited to do PCA while waiting on the call in March. So I could be waiting on two calls if they don't close the previous campaign soon. Would that mean I get 2 jobs and 2 wages...?

Then you can be PCPlonker AND PCStressedout......

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Drummer64

Anyone else counting the days until the start of march? Optimistic I know lol.

Drummer64 wrote: »
    Anyone else counting the days until the start of march? Optimistic I know lol.

what's the start of march? medical?

I assume he means invited for PCA

what's the start of march? medical?

No they said they would start putting people through to the next stage in the 15 campaign. Said they want to start inductions in the next two - three months. So will be pushing through the stages.

• Advertisement

No they said they would start putting people through to the next stage in the 15 campaign. Said they want to start inductions in the next two - three months. So will be pushing through the stages.

oh yeah I don't know about that. my assessment centre is coming up for the 1509 campaign so obviously I haven't been told anything about quick progressions.

id really rather progress through to the end goal with my 1405 application though.

In saying that, if it took another 6 months I would gladly accept that if it meant getting in eventually.

Rest of the stages are easy after the assessment centre so if you score highly in that, I cant see why you wont do well :)

Unless you like your drugs.....

Love your name very hopeful have seen you alot on here and can tell your really giving it your all.

Not too fond of the drugs, quit smoking just to train for the PCA! Guess it's all out of my hands now.

I thought Drummer was being very hopeful of calls early march, was going to say slow down a bit, I'm not ready for that just yet.

Love your name very hopeful have seen you alot on here and can tell your really giving it your all.

Not too fond of the drugs, quit smoking just to train for the PCA! Guess it's all out of my hands now.

Thanks very much :)

I really want in but then so does everyone else on here. I'm just happy I discovered this place otherwise I'd be completely in the dark with everything.

I some decent road running/ interval training like sprints should serve you well for the pca.

1509 assessment centre was brutal. Definitely harder than 1405 in my opinion. Fun but not looking forward to the results!

Really should change my username....

Oh yeah and we were not specifically orally told about any quick progressions as per previous posts. Did say something somewhere about possibly being put through pca if you pass the assessment centre possibly even before you get your results.

Don't think there will be any dilemma of people being called for pca then finding out they failed the centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

I'm guessing no one has heard any further info?

Nope. Just need to wait and see what happens from tomorrow onwards.

Fingers crossed for a PCA invite.

swl33t wrote: »
    I'm guessing no one has heard any further info?

results due april. possibility of the highest scorers getting a letter about pca sometime in march.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭SamC321

Told at my AC last week by a member of Deloitte highest scorers would be processed in March for pca

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭JD2020

Done my AC recently and was told that invitation to PCA is not an indication of scoring highly or even passing! They are wanting to put everyone through PCA, starting tomorrow.

• Advertisement

JD2020 wrote: »
    Done my AC recently and was told that invitation to PCA is not an indication of scoring highly or even passing! They are wanting to put everyone through PCA, starting tomorrow.

very strange. what about if you have very recently completed the pca in prior campaign I wonder.

Advertisement