Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 2 - The Assessment Centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Queenie34

JD2020 wrote: »
    Done my AC recently and was told that invitation to PCA is not an indication of scoring highly or even passing! They are wanting to put everyone through PCA, starting tomorrow.

That's what I was told at mine too.

very strange. what about if you have very recently completed the pca in prior campaign I wonder.

I'd imagine they will treat the two campaigns separate. I'd say there's a lot of people in the same position.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

Queenie34 wrote: »
    I'd imagine they will treat the two campaigns separate. I'd say there's a lot of people in the same position.

you would think but I think there is a 6 month expiry on the pca so surely if you could complete all stages of the newest campaign inside those 6 months you wouldn't need to redo your pca.

it was the most enjoyable stage though

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭SamC321

Seems Deloitte themselves aren't sure on what's happening! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RedmondHR

Well if the PCA is based on the AC results, kinda worried I have not even done my AC yet.So dunno where that leaves me and the other people I am doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

I'm just focusing on the original results date. Too many ifs and buts to be hoping for an early PCA.

No point in getting hopes on the possibility of an early call sometime during March. Just get the head down and the training on :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

I know they've said people will be through to PCA before results are out but I can't understand why they would do that. I'm not worried about doing PCA but I'm with homer just gona wait for April.

Timetravel wrote: »
    I know they've said people will be through to PCA before results are out but I can't understand why they would do that. I'm not worried about doing PCA but I'm with homer just gona wait for April.

Exactly! The way my assessment centre went I'd be happy if I get called next March never mind this March lol

you would think but I think there is a 6 month expiry on the pca so surely if you could complete all stages of the newest campaign inside those 6 months you wouldn't need to redo your pca.

it was the most enjoyable stage though

Yeah I understand what you're saying especially if they're trying to push this campaign through quickly. It would definitely be the most cost/time effective way of dealing with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭JD2020

Queenie34 wrote: »
    Exactly! The way my assessment centre went I'd be happy if I get called next March never mind this March lol

I second this!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Momc82

JD2020 wrote: »
    I second this!!

Glad to know there are others feeling this way too! :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭JD2020

Momc82 wrote: »
    Glad to know there are others feeling this way too! :-/

All I can think of. Should of said this, should of said that.. Driving me nuts lol.. Out of our hands now, only time will tell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

I'll throw a spanner in the works now. They NEVER mentioned anything about PCA's before the results date at my AC last week.

My advice, youll NEVER be too fit for the PCA so with that in mind, I'd get training for it NOW!!!!!!! I wouldn't be waiting on a PCA date, early or not, I'd be looking at the certainties, not the ifs, buts and maybes like Homer said. There's only 2 we know for sure, the April results date and the fact that you'll not lose anything by starting the training now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭pastiesupper

The Deloitte guy at my AC said that if you get called for the PCA in March, you should assume that you scored well in the AC.

It also states it in the Assessment Centre Pre-Departure Information sheet that we got before we left the AC:

"Candidates who are successful at the Assessment Centre stage may be contacted directly by PSNI and may be required to attend a Physical Competence Assessment (PCA) from March 2016 onwards"

Who knows?? I'll just wait until I get that letter / email! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Drummer64

The Deloitte guy at my AC said that if you get called for the PCA in March, you should assume that you scored well in the AC.

It also states it in the Assessment Centre Pre-Departure Information sheet that we got before we left the AC:

"Candidates who are successful at the Assessment Centre stage may be contacted directly by PSNI and may be required to attend a Physical Competence Assessment (PCA) from March 2016 onwards"

Who knows?? I'll just wait until I get that letter / email! :)

Yeah I got the same sheet at the end and they said we could be contacted from March 1st, but it is all maybes and approximate dates.

Could be anytime or no time depending on how we did! I agree with the training advice though get started now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭D4z

Everyone talking about getting results and the PCA. Here is me waiting to do my AC in a week and a half =/

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RedmondHR

D4z wrote: »
    Everyone talking about getting results and the PCA. Here is me waiting to do my AC in a week and a half =/

Im in the same boat, have mine in early March. Anyone know when the AC ends?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

RedmondHR wrote: »

Mid March I think!

2nd week in March, give or take a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

I was told AC's run right to the end of March.

• Advertisement

Anyone who didn't have all the evidence of their GCSEs hear from Deloitte yet?

SamC321 wrote: »
    Anyone who didn't have all the evidence of their GCSEs hear from Deloitte yet?

nope.

said they'd email.

funny. I used the same certificates last time they never said anything.....

nope.

said they'd email.

funny. I used the same certificates last time they never said anything.....

Has it been long since your AC?

I got an email 9 days after mine from them

SamC321 wrote: »
    Has it been long since your AC?

I got an email 9 days after mine from them

same length of time as it took them to contact you,

maybe i'll hear back from them tomorrow....

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Drummer64

Took about two weeks for me to hear back.

Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Bunsen1burner

Hi all
    Im a newbie, found yas by accident!

Has anyone from the recent campaign got a call for PCA? I know its still early in March but was just wondering!!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

Hi all
    Im a newbie, found yas by accident!

Has anyone from the recent campaign got a call for PCA? I know its still early in March but was just wondering!!

Thanks

Nothing yet as far as i know!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Bunsen1burner

Thanks for super fast answer!!!

Like everyone the wait is killing me!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Hi Bunsen, welcome to the mad house :) any questions just throw them up on a relevant thread and someone will always get back to you

Advertisement