Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 2 - The Assessment Centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Bunsen1burner

Thank you sooo much Mop

I just hate this hanging around and waiting but U lot know sooo much and your advice is great!!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Redboy12345

Hi Guys! Newbie here too.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the last AC is in and around the 2nd week of March? Logistically, it would make more sense for Deloitte to send all the results after this date, rather than drip feed all the results over the period of the ACs, it would then be easier to phase all the 90+ and downward results through once they have all the scores in the system, so I'm keeping calm until the 2nd week of March! Just my thoughts on the situation! Good luck everyone!

Hi Redboy
    Hope your theory is rite!!!!!1

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

Hi Guys! Newbie here too.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the last AC is in and around the 2nd week of March? Logistically, it would make more sense for Deloitte to send all the results after this date, rather than drip feed all the results over the period of the ACs, it would then be easier to phase all the 90+ and downward results through once they have all the scores in the system, so I'm keeping calm until the 2nd week of March! Just my thoughts on the situation! Good luck everyone!

Results won't be released until all ACs are completed and they have it down as April, however it has been suggested at the AC that they may begin phasing candidates through to the next stage, regardless of this.

The reasoning behind this is anybody guess but I'm assuming it's just to get the ball rolling and have candidates processed quicker than in previous years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

They're maybe marking them as they go and anyone who cores 90%+ will be invited for a PCA before the results date. Reason being that they're obviously higher on the merit list and they always give AT LEAST 6 weeks notice from invitation to PCA date. That way candidates would be eligible to go through vetting online learning and medical and potentially be ready for a start date or phone call in June if they stick to the 5 week interval we've been seeing in C1 and C2

Regardless of will all be done on merit order so settle, well all get a crack at it eventually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Deloitte struggle to get results out when they say they will so I'll just stick to the initial April date.

There seems to be a lot hope placed on an early call to PCA. While I admire the optimism this is my third crack at this and I'll be over the moon if I finally pass the AC nevermind early calls.

This is a long drawn out process; I find it best to carry on with life until the various stages arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

Homer01 wrote: »
    Deloitte struggle to get results out when they say they will so I'll just stick to the initial April date.

There seems to be a lot hope placed on an early call to PCA. While I admire the optimism this is my third crack at this and I'll be over the moon if I finally pass the AC nevermind early calls.

This is a long drawn out process; I find it best to carry on with life until the various stages arrive.

Quality advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Can anybody confirm when we will get our A/C results? I think one of the emails said the 16th April?

A/C this week starting to get nervous 😓😓

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

Homer01 wrote: »

Well said homer. Also done the AC a few times now and never passed. Have been waiting for this for years and as annoying as it is, a few more weeks of waiting is nothing. One step at a time!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 lmcg1106

17 months passed between me completing my AC and stepping foot in GV.. settle in for the long haul :P

• Advertisement

I definately think they will start phasing 90+ candidates from middle of March, once all ACs are done, however, stuff like the medical costs a lot of money e.g. Substance misuse test, so the medical will be the last stage I would imagine! I have a friend from the 14090 campaign and they've just entered GV. I think with the guaranteed funding this campaign will move a lot quicker and he's under the same opinion (his campaign took a total of 18months).
    Mop a top wrote: »
    They're maybe marking them as they go and anyone who cores 90%+ will be invited for a PCA before the results date. Reason being that they're obviously higher on the merit list and they always give AT LEAST 6 weeks notice from invitation to PCA date. That way candidates would be eligible to go through vetting online learning and medical and potentially be ready for a start date or phone call in June if they stick to the 5 week interval we've been seeing in C1 and C2

Regardless of will all be done on merit order so settle, well all get a crack at it eventually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

I definately think they will start phasing 90+ candidates from middle of March, once all ACs are done, however, stuff like the medical costs a lot of money e.g. Substance misuse test, so the medical will be the last stage I would imagine! I have a friend from the 14090 campaign and they've just entered GV. I think with the guaranteed funding this campaign will move a lot quicker and he's under the same opinion (his campaign took a total of 18months).

I mean they'll phase 90 plus through PCA and if they pass then the remaining stages in order of how it's normally done. Pass the PCA, get your online learning to do while waiting on medical and fit in vetting somewhere.

Solid advice Homer and I decided to stop putting my life on hold for C2 and I've been a lot less stressed and worried about it. If it's for you, it won't pass you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Icarus9

Folks only one person scored over 90% in campaign 2 and only a handful over 85% the top squad of campaign 2 was all in the 80s and the 2nd squad had low 80s and then down into high 70s

There are loads of freedom of information requests on scores on the Psni website of you want to look back through the 2015 ones

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

Anyone still waiting to do the AC?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RedmondHR

Yea, have mine in the next few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭D4z

RedmondHR wrote: »
    Yea, have mine in the next few weeks.

I'm the same.

Mine is this week! Good luck everybody

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭D4z

Has anyone keep called for the fitness for this campaign? - Noticed when I completed my AC the paper said we could be called from March onward.

D4z wrote: »
    Has anyone keep called for the fitness for this campaign? - Noticed when I completed my AC the paper said we could be called from March onward.

Not that I know of and nobody has post on the boards about receiving an invitation.

Only thing we can do is keep on top of fitness and wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

I guess they either haven't started or they're not going to.

If anyone is going to score high it'll be someone here and if it were me I'd be shouting from the rooftops lol

• Advertisement

Last AC is scheduled for sometime around this week? Hopeful optimism is thinking high scorers will be called from the last week of March or thereabouts. The wait is excruciating.
    D4z wrote: »

I agree hate this waiting hanging about!!!

I heard the last assessment centre was being held this week too.

Did anyone else find the A/C hard?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Momc82

I heard the last assessment centre was being held this week too.

Did anyone else find the A/C hard?

I certainly did.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chez123

I've got my AC this week. does anyone know if it's similar to previous campaigns?

Totally and very stressful, im not too confident that ive actually passed it!

I think they've made the AC more challenging this year to help reduce numbers early on. Probably because the PCA doesn't include the push pull as an assessed component anymore and that we get two chances to pass.

Chez123 wrote: »
    I've got my AC this week. does anyone know if it's similar to previous campaigns?

We can't give anything away on here.

It will assess the same competencies as previous years and the best thing to do is read through your invitation email as it gives you info on what they will be looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chez123

We can't give anything away on here.

It will assess the same competencies as previous years and the best thing to do is read through your invitation email as it gives you info on what they will be looking for.

Thanks, fingers crossed it won't be as bad as I think 🙈

• Advertisement

Do ya think they will keep us waiting til April date to hear bout A/C?

Advertisement