Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 2 - The Assessment Centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Delilahbeau

Chez123 wrote:
    I feel the same!! Does anyone know if you get dates for PCA and vetting forms along with your mark if you've passed or do you have to wait again?

Heh heh heh yeah. Unless your score was like 85+, we got the results in December and dear John letters in January. Dates for the PCA eventually followed in September. Although, that was down to funding, fingers crossed it isn't going to happen this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Chez123 wrote: »
    I feel the same!! Does anyone know if you get dates for PCA and vetting forms along with your mark if you've passed or do you have to wait again?

Good post here from Mop
    Mop a top wrote: »
    Deloitte will give PSNI a list of all candidates ranked in order of their AC score. They generally take anyone who scores over 85% and process them through the remaining stages first. They'll be issued with vetting papers which need to be returned within 2 weeks and around that time they'll receive a PCA invite with a familiarisation day. Pass that and you'll be given a medical booklet on the day that needs completed by you and then your GP. Your medical will arrive by letter and most of the stages are set about 5 weeks apart. You usually get about 6-8 weeks notice about your PCA. Calls generally go out every 5 weeks.

Once the first group have been process through a stage or two then they'll issue the people in the next score bracket with vetting papers and that's the way it keeps going provided funding is available.

Other points to note are if your vetting takes a long time you might have to repeat your PCA and medical as these only last 6 months. If you fail the PCA they will let you attend training sessions to help improve your performance, I think these are ran every 2 weeks and you have up to 12 weeks to improve before retaking the PCA but you can also retake it at any of the training sessions however if you fail the retest you are out of ithe campaign. Medicals include a SMT which involves hair being cut, you can't tell it's been shipped but they look for a minimum length of 3cm so guys be warned, if they can't scalp you, they'll get it elsewhere :P

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chez123

Thanks! May get used to the waiting as I can't see a score over 85% "/

I'm just hoping for a pass but I know realistically I would need 70%+ to be in with a chance of getting in this year.

Guess I'll soon find out :D

Chez123 wrote:

Unfortunately, patience is as important as air or water in the wait for this job. Two years it's taken me to be where I am now (waiting for the call) in the 14050 campaign. I put in for 15090 in the vain attempt that that application might progress faster. :'(

• Advertisement

Unfortunately, patience is as important as air or water in the wait for this job. Two years it's taken me to be where I am now (waiting for the call) in the 14050 campaign. I put in for 15090 in the vain attempt that that application might progress faster. :'(

Oh I seriously hope this campaign does not take that long. Good luck with both campaigns I'm sure you'll get a call for one or the other. Friday can't come soon enough

Chez123 wrote:
    Oh I seriously hope this campaign does not take that long. Good luck with both campaigns I'm sure you'll get a call for one or the other. Friday can't come soon enough

Cheers buddy. This is your first time then, so? How do you think you got on?

Cheers buddy. This is your first time then, so? How do you think you got on?

Third time but chickened out of the AC the first time and then life got in the way the second. Thought it went well to be honest but then I've replayed it in my head a million times and picked out so many things I done wrong that now I'm scared I may not even have passed it lol. What about yourself?

Chez123 wrote:
    Third time but chickened out of the AC the first time and then life got in the way the second. Thought it went well to be honest but then I've replayed it in my head a million times and picked out so many things I done wrong that now I'm scared I may not even have passed it lol. What about yourself?

Campaign three is my second. C2 I've done everything and just waiting. I know how it feels, all the assessments and all the waiting is enough to drive you stir crazy, but here. Itll be worth it in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Is everyone waiting for results this Friday? what I mean is there is no difference when you did your assessment January or March we are all still waiting for the same date to find out.

• Advertisement

Is everyone waiting for results this Friday? what I mean is there is no difference when you did your assessment January or March we are all still waiting for the same date to find out.

Nope. There won't be a difference until the PSNI take the merit list off Deloitte and Start processing the higher scorers. All 1800 of us get our AC results this Friday.

Nope. There won't be a difference until the PSNI take the merit list off Deloitte and Start processing the higher scorers. All 1800 of us get our AC results this Friday.

Thanks. Im glad ive only had to wait from March to find out how badly ive done! and not any longer

Thanks. Im glad ive only had to wait from March to find out how badly ive done! and not any longer

Ahh don't be too hard on yourself. The pass mark is probably around the 60% mark, if 14050 is anything to go by, and everyone is on the same boat.

All the best for your results though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Icarus9

Folks where is all this 85% nonsense coming from? In campaign 2 there were less than 5 people scored over 85%. Even If you score mid to high 70s and low 80s you will be in the first 2 squads. It all slows down a bit as the scores drop for example if 20 people score in the 80s, 200 people in the 70s, 500 people in the 60s. It all of course depends on how the scoring goes in a particular campaign and this could be a high scoring or low scoring year but the above score ranges for the 1st 2 squads were correct for campaign 2. Good luck to all waiting results!

Thanks Delilahbeau I don't think my assessment went that well to be honest but at least we don't have too much longer to wait now.

Good luck everybody

Thanks Delilahbeau I don't think my assessment went that well to be honest but at least we don't have too much longer to wait now.

I feel the same about mine. No point speculating until Friday though, we may have done well in the grand scheme of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

Icarus9 wrote: »
    Folks where is all this 85% nonsense coming from? In campaign 2 there were less than 5 people scored over 85%. Even If you score mid to high 70s and low 80s you will be in the first 2 squads. It all slows down a bit as the scores drop for example if 20 people score in the 80s, 200 people in the 70s, 500 people in the 60s. It all of course depends on how the scoring goes in a particular campaign and this could be a high scoring or low scoring year but the above score ranges for the 1st 2 squads were correct for campaign 2. Good luck to all waiting results!

whoever manages to score 85+ then just give them the job I say!

Icarus9 wrote: »

I think what people are saying is if you were to get 85% then you're a shoo in. Not that it is a minimum score.

Personally I think you need to get 70+ or else you'll have a long wait or risk the budget getting cut.

Is there an FOI on AC scores? I'm surprised that there was only 5 that scored over 85.

Homer01 wrote: »
    I think what people are saying is if you were to get 85% then you're a shoo in. Not that it is a minimum score.

Personally I think you need to get 70+ or else you'll have a long wait or risk the budget getting cut.

Is there an FOI on AC scores? I'm surprised that there was only 5 that scored over 85.

There is, it is here.

It shows that yes, 85+ was a score that only 6 people achieved. However, further breakdown is available in another FOI found here.

https://www.psni.police.uk/globalassets/advice--information/our-publications/disclosure-logs/2015/human-resources/recruitment_campaign_scores.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Redboy12345

Excuse my ignorance (first timer) but is there due to be a review of budget/new budget announcement soon? Or was the budget cut in relation to the last campaign something which doesn't happen very often?
    Homer01 wrote: »

• Advertisement

Excuse my ignorance (first timer) but is there due to be a review of budget/new budget announcement soon? Or was the budget cut in relation to the last campaign something which doesn't happen very often?

It was for the lat campaign. I wouldn't like to think there's another one due, else there are going to be a lot of extremely annoyed people (yet again)

Not necessarily but anything could happen. If anything I could see more money coming in with the current security situation; they certainly need it.

Friday is edging that little bit closer and im getting even more nervous! Anybody else just wish it was Friday now lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

Friday is edging that little bit closer and im getting even more nervous! Anybody else just wish it was Friday now lol!

yep. most certainly do!

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

I'm going insane

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Momc82

swl33t wrote: »
    I'm going insane

I'm with you!

swl33t wrote: »
    I'm going insane

I know the feeling. Even if we get in it probably won't be until the end of the year I will definitely be insane by then!!
    Also does anyone know if anyone has had any problems with vetting due to tattoos? I've a reasonably sized wrist one, is not offensive but unfortunately quite prominent.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Momc82

I know the feeling. Even if we get in it probably won't be until the end of the year I will definitely be insane by then!!
    Also does anyone know if anyone has had any problems with vetting due to tattoos? I've a reasonably sized wrist one, is not offensive but unfortunately quite prominent.

I'm sure if it can be cover by the uniform it wouldn't be a problem.

Momc82 wrote: »
    I'm sure if it can be cover by the uniform it wouldn't be a problem.

I hope so. Would be devastated to fail on something so stupid! Well providing I passed the AC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

I hope so. Would be devastated to fail on something so stupid! Well providing I passed the AC

I have 2 large inner forearm tattoos and I managed to pass vetting in campaign 1, I wouldn't worry about it.

Advertisement