Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 2 - The Assessment Centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

swl33t wrote: »
    I'm going insane

Lol I think I will be like that on Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chez123

I have 2 large inner forearm tattoos and I managed to pass vetting in campaign 1, I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks that definitely puts the mind at ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

It is entirely possible that we could get the results earlier :D

Make sure those phones are charged with notifications on lol

Homer01 wrote: »
    It is entirely possible that we could get the results earlier :D

Make sure those phones are charged with notifications on lol

Oohh Homer dont tease me 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭ItWasntMe88

Anybody starting to think they don't want to know the result??lol

Got this sinking feeling I've failed miserably :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

just use your username in this instance..... :P

just use your username in this instance..... :P

I'll update my username to ItWasntVeryGood :cool:

Congrats by the way...I see you got "the call"! Well done! I'm about 90% delighted for you and 10% jealous :rolleyes:

I'll update my username to ItWasntVeryGood :cool:

Congrats by the way...I see you got "the call"! Well done! I'm about 90% delighted for you and 10% jealous :rolleyes:

haha. very good. I like that. :P

thanks buddy. I was always 90% jealous and 10% happy hearing others getting calls.

I am still very much interested in seeing results on Friday. I do not think I made the standard this time :(

oh yes and good luck for Friday. :)

haha. very good. I like that. :P

thanks buddy. I was always 90% jealous and 10% happy hearing others getting calls.

I am still very much interested in seeing results on Friday. I do not think I made the standard this time :(

oh yes and good luck for Friday. :)

Right, ok, I admit it...I'm 90% jealous :p

Seriously though, well done fella!

Did you find the AC more difficult this time around??

Right, ok, I admit it...I'm 90% jealous :p

Seriously though, well done fella!

Did you find the AC more difficult this time around??

haha that's more like it ;)

many thanks buddy, has been a long two years. but the panic and fear will set in soon...

Funny, due to having been through the 1405 assessment centre, I went into the 1509 one quite relaxed.

by 3rd role-play, however, everything had unravelled and I wanted home to mummy.

how about you? or was this your first?

• Advertisement

I applied once before but failed the IST :mad:

Passed the IST with flying colours this time so it was my first attempt at the AC!

I thought everything was going quite well up to the third role play then my brain kinda went "you're on your own for this one mate" and pissed off outside!! The final written part was an absolute disaster :confused:

Was stressful as hell...I've been of the fegs 2 years now and had never given them a second thought up until that point!

Yes I thinking that too

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

Yes I thinking that too

Me three

I dont think there are favourable odds on an early release!

Me three

I dont think there are favourable odds on an early release!

I would love to hear tomorrow

I'm fully expecting not to hear anything on Friday either! It would be the longest weekend ever if they held off to next week!

I'm fully expecting not to hear anything on Friday either! It would be the longest weekend ever if they held off to next week!

That would be torture if we had to wait until Monday to find out...maybe Deloitte are watching this forum to see how desperate we are to find out and will hold off another week just for badness lol

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Redboy12345

My sheer terror at logging on and seeing that 4 more pages worth of comments had been posted!!

Extremely nervous now, thought about it that much that I have went from confident to thinking I've failed!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Bunsen1burner

My sheer terror at logging on and seeing that 4 more pages worth of comments had been posted!!

Extremely nervous now, thought about it that much that I have went from confident to thinking I've failed!

That's my feelings too cos i really don't think I came to a total decision at end of AC!!!!

Hopefully we shall have some good news within 48 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chez123

That's my feelings too cos i really don't think I came to a total decision at end of AC!!!!

I feel exactly the same about mine. Maybe we weren't supposed to have a complete decision.. Wishful thinking but here's hoping! I need put out of my misery, wish they would hurry up!

• Advertisement

Chez123 wrote: »
    I feel exactly the same about mine. Maybe we weren't supposed to have a complete decision.. Wishful thinking but here's hoping! I need put out of my misery, wish they would hurry up!

O thank goodness cos a lot of guys on here were saying bout who they pinned it on and then I demented myself!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ZeGerman

Surely in your role for the day your only looking for the facts and to gather as many as possible? Decision on further action would rest with others or am I mental?

ZeGerman wrote: »
    Surely in your role for the day your only looking for the facts and to gather as many as possible? Decision on further action would rest with others or am I mental?

Hope ur rite cos that's kinda what I did!

This will be a long day in work...

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

ZeGerman wrote: »

I think the idea as you said was to gather as much information as possible, but also analyse it and make suggestions for further action.
    I'm probably wrong as my AC was that long ago I can barely remember it.

Whenever I start to doubt how I performed I always remind myself that they aren't looking for fully trained constables but those who show promise of becoming one. I think if you were professional, inquisitive and showed a logical approach in what you said/did you'll be grand.

Goodluck everyone, not long to go now.

This will be a long day in work...

Hope it doesn't stretch into next week too.................

It's only half 10 and I'm already breaking my neck to get to the computer every time I hear an email notification! What will I be like tomorrow lol

Best of luck to everyone by the way!

Best of luck!

Does anyone know rough numbers by the way?

I think I'm right in saying that 1800 (roughly) were put through from the IST to the AC. Do we know how many they plan to cut that down to with these AC results? Do we know a rough recruitment number for this campaign?

• Advertisement

Does anyone know rough numbers by the way?

I think I'm right in saying that 1800 (roughly) were put through from the IST to the AC. Do we know how many they plan to cut that down to with these AC results? Do we know a rough recruitment number for this campaign?

Id like to know this too!

Advertisement