Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 2 - The Assessment Centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭ItWasntMe88

Homer01 wrote: »
    Went back and checked.

The day we were waiting for C1 results we got an email saying we wouldn't get them for another four weeks (imagine our joy). We then got them on the second amended date.

C2 results were due on the 19th December and they actually arrived on the 16th (forgot about that)

And here's me giving out about having to wait til late afternoon!! Imagine being told to wait another 4 weeks.. that would be soul destroying :(

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

You're kidding me!! I'll be bald by that stage!!

Brilliant lol

Momc82 wrote: »
    Is it over yet??
    Am afraid to open my eyes!

Lol love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Barkly

Hello all! Been lurking for a good while and just joined!:) Just for clarification, the results tomorrow (all being well) won't tell us our score, just a pass/fail...is that right?

Barkly wrote: »
    Hello all! Been lurking for a good while and just joined!:) Just for clarification, the results tomorrow (all being well) won't tell us our score, just a pass/fail...is that right?

Hi there! I'm not 100% sure if I'm honest because this is my first time doing the AC but I'm lead to believe we will be told how we performed in each section and given an overall score (percentage). I think we have to score higher than 60% to be considered a pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭yet another lurker

Well I have been lurking around here for a while. I was on this forum when it started basically.
    I actually joined the psni eight years ago.....thereabouts.
    Transferred to a mainland force a few years back and am now trying to get in as they do not have the legal framework to accept transferees.

Anyway.

Ended up going through the normal process. As much as I was hoping my experience would help me it really didn't.

I found it fairly difficult and had no clue when I came out. When I did it a long time ago the role plays were nothing to do with policing.

I just wanted to wish everyone good luck tomorrow. Having been there its a great career despite the negativity it gets. I left for personal reasons, nothing to do with the force.

Dying to get back so if you do manage to get in don't leave!!!!

Well I have been lurking around here for a while. I was on this forum when it started basically.
    I actually joined the psni eight years ago.....thereabouts.
    Transferred to a mainland force a few years back and am now trying to get in as they do not have the legal framework to accept transferees.

Anyway.

Ended up going through the normal process. As much as I was hoping my experience would help me it really didn't.

I found it fairly difficult and had no clue when I came out. When I did it a long time ago the role plays were nothing to do with policing.

I just wanted to wish everyone good luck tomorrow. Having been there its a great career despite the negativity it gets. I left for personal reasons, nothing to do with the force.

Dying to get back so if you do manage to get in don't leave!!!!

Hi mate!

Did you do your AC towards the end of January by any chance? I met an existing police officer across the pond looking to get back into the PSNI at mine!

No

Obviously cannot be specific but I did mine mid February. Everyone seemed pretty reasonable. When I did it the first time there were a few chavs around. No offence but I think you know what I mean.
    Two months ago but seems like an age now!

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

Hi there! I'm not 100% sure if I'm honest because this is my first time doing the AC but I'm lead to believe we will be told how we performed in each section and given an overall score (percentage). I think we have to score higher than 60% to be considered a pass.

Yeah you get an overall percentage which has an alphabetical grade attached to a range of percentages (just for talks sake 60-70 would be a B, but obviously the higher B you score the sooner you should progress.)

You do get a break down of each section which is handy if you don't get a pass this time but apply in the next campaign, so you know what needs worked on.

I know it was 60% in campaign 1 and pretty sure the same for C2, but I think it depends on how everyone scores i.e. if the majority of candidates score lower the pass mark will be lower....but don't quote me on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Redboy12345

I do have to say Johannes, you've been a fountain of knowledge throughout the thread. All info greatly appreciated from a first timer!
    Yeah you get an overall percentage which has an alphabetical grade attached to a range of percentages (just for talks sake 60-70 would be a B, but obviously the higher B you score the sooner you should progress.)

You do get a break down of each section which is handy if you don't get a pass this time but apply in the next campaign, so you know what needs worked on.

I know it was 60% in campaign 1 and pretty sure the same for C2, but I think it depends on how everyone scores i.e. if the majority of candidates score lower the pass mark will be lower....but don't quote me on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

I do have to say Johannes, you've been a fountain of knowledge throughout the thread. All info greatly appreciated from a first timer!

Haha I wouldn't go as far as a fountain.

I went through the process in campaign 1 so anything I say might be a little outdated, I don't know if there were any changes made in C2 but most of the questions that have been asked I had myself in 2013.

The whole recruitment process is long and far from transparent for the obvious security reasons, but any small amount of info that is allowed to be posted and talking to others in the same situation helps with the agonising wait. It doesn't get any easier with each stage you pass either (well for me at least).

In my opinion the AC is the hardest part, it's out of the way now and if we pass the only other stages we can affect are the PCA and completing online learning (if/when received). Vetting, Medical and SMT (as long as we behave ourselves) are out of our hands.

It will all be worth it in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭SamC321

Goodluck people!

Hope they show mercy and don't keep us waiting all day lol

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

I forsee a few visits to this forum today to say the least haha

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Bunsen1burner

Demented already!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Not even 07:15 and I have visited twice already.

So D-Day is here at last..Didn't sleep that well last night thinking about it. Good luck everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 lmcg1106

Good luck everyone

Well that didn't work at all!

I specifically stayed up until 4am as 1) I'm not in until 1700 today
    And more so that I would definitely lie in thinking by the time I got up the results would be in. Turns out I got up at 0700 anyway!!!!
    So this will be a nightmare day.

Good luck to the lot of you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

Good luck guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Third time waiting for me and it gets no easier on D Day.

One email could effectively change your life direction. Can't wait to get it but not sure I want to open it :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

I think I slept minus hours last night! The ole touchscreen will be worn out later from refreshing all day

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chez123

I thought I was bad checking my emails at half 8, looks like there has been a lot earlier. Good luck everyone fingers crossed it won't be much longer now! Although I'm predicting around 4 o'clock :(

Chez123 wrote: »
    I thought I was bad checking my emails at half 8, looks like there has been a lot earlier. Good luck everyone fingers crossed it won't be much longer now! Although I'm predicting around 4 o'clock :(

They will probably press the send button before leaving the office!

Best of luck to all today! Everyone wants this for different reasons but the bottom line is we all want to make a difference to our own lives and those we would be serving! The desire to make that change and make a difference is something to be proud of in itself. So if it is bad news at least you know you went through all of this for the right reasons; hold your head high!

I hope everyone here gets the result they're hoping for! A genuine bunch of like minded, decent people! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

Best of luck to all today! Everyone wants this for different reasons but the bottom line is we all want to make a difference to our own lives and those we would be serving! The desire to make that change and make a difference is something to be proud of in itself. So if it is bad news at least you know you went through all of this for the right reasons; hold your head high!

I hope everyone here gets the result they're hoping for! A genuine bunch of like minded, decent people! :)

nice post mate. :)

very much good luck for today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

I wonder will they send the 'dear johns' and the 'well dones' at the same time!? ��

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

Goonerdee wrote: »
    I wonder will they send the 'dear johns' and the 'well dones' at the same time!? ��

Why? How many John's do you think applied?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Delilahbeau

Good luck today everyone. I know Iamveryhopeful and myself are willing you all on. I'm expecting my results today also, but was offered a place in GV on Tuesday with himself, I'm sure we both hope to see some of you there come September!!

It'll be the Craic.
    If any of you have any questions about what comes next, or just want some reassurance, just drop me a PM. I'd be happy to help 

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chez123

Good luck today everyone. I know Iamveryhopeful and myself are willing you all on. I'm expecting my results today also, but was offered a place in GV on Tuesday with himself, I'm sure we both hope to see some of you there come September!!

I'll be the Craic.
    If any of you have any questions about what comes next, or just want some reassurance, just drop me a PM. I'd be happy to help :)

Congratulations Guys!! Can't help but be a little jealous. Although glad use are out of this campaign lol
    Oh and I'm sure those of us who get through will have you tortured with questions

• Advertisement

If any of you have any questions about what comes next, or just want some reassurance, just drop me a PM. I'd be happy to help :)

The makings of a good copper :)
    Congratulations and well done.. your hard work has paid off!

Advertisement