Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 2 - The Assessment Centre

1192193194195196198»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Ponif

ML515 wrote: »
    If having a tutor gives you that confidence boost by all means crack on.

That's what I think it is, just a sense of being better prepared. I think it's placebo but there is 100% no pay walls to getting on in the recruitment process.
    The best advice I got from a group tutoring session was to always keep in mind the core competencies, live and breathe them and you should be right as rain for the role plays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Ponif wrote: »

That's what I think it is, just a sense of being better prepared. I think it's placebo but there is 100% no pay walls to getting on in the recruitment process.
    The best advice I got from a group tutoring session was to always keep in mind the core competencies, live and breathe them and you should be right as rain for the role plays.

I attended a training session for my AC. Not because I wanted to learn more but because I wanted to practice the role plays on people I didn't know. Which is exactly what I got. And I do think it helped me.

But also at my PCA familiarisation and the actual PCA I seen quite a few faces from the AC training, so it obviously helped them individuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

Ponif wrote: »

I remember the very same thing being said

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

The AC training was invaluable for me and a friend. We are private sector workers, we don’t ever have to think of competencies, and I am not an 18 yr old, it’s a long time since I left uni and competencies weren’t the big craze at the time when it came to interviews and applications. On a day to day basis I probably wouldn’t inherently think to say “he or she”, I would have assumed that “the builders” or the “bus driver” were men. If a man said his partner was assaulted I would have assumed it was a woman. But that’s just the world I am from as are many people, doesn’t make us bad, I suppose it just means we havnt been as enlightened, so for me the group tutoring simply got me into a way of thinking, identifying the things that would catch me out and learning the things to say. It broadened my mindset and that’s no bad thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Faugha wrote: »
    The AC training was invaluable for me and a friend. We are private sector workers, we don’t ever have to think of competencies, and I am not an 18 yr old, it’s a long time since I left uni and competencies weren’t the big craze at the time when it came to interviews and applications. On a day to day basis I probably wouldn’t inherently think to say “he or she”, I would have assumed that “the builders” or the “bus driver” were men. If a man said his partner was assaulted I would have assumed it was a woman. But that’s just the world I am from as are many people, doesn’t make us bad, I suppose it just means we havnt been as enlightened, so for me the group tutoring simply got me into a way of thinking, identifying the things that would catch me out and learning the things to say. It broadened my mindset and that’s no bad thing.

Not to mention appropriate use of open and closed questions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

Evening all..

Thought there would be a bit of a buzz in here at the minute but maybe everyones keeping quiet 🙈

Completed AC, hard to know how it went. Second time doing it (completed in 2013 campaign) and felt this time around was a little more didficult.

Hope everyone in todays groups done well ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

MD4PSNI wrote: »
    Evening all..

Thought there would be a bit of a buzz in here at the minute but maybe everyones keeping quiet 🙈

Completed AC, hard to know how it went. Second time doing it (completed in 2013 campaign) and felt this time around was a little more didficult.

Hope everyone in todays groups done well ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

Apologies - bit of an emojie junkie here lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Army654

Had mine very recently there, believe I will be back next year without a doubt lol

Army654 wrote: »
    Had mine very recently there, believe I will be back next year without a doubt lol

I felt the same in the 2013 one, came out with an A!! Couldnt believe it. Its so hard to judge tho!

Hope it goes well

Advertisement