Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 2 - The Assessment Centre

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭owen1976

No, papayankeegirl didnt get her results today. Prob get them tues or weds. 6weeks since my AC today, wow:eek::cool:

Time flies when your just waiting a waiting and wondering does the whole process really have to take this long? Why don't they just put me out of my misery a little bit quicker!!!Why do they do it? Simple answer because they can! lol:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

I have been waiting 11 months for the outcome to campaign 13 to be decided for me. Thats what I call waiting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭owen1976

I have been waiting 11 months for the outcome to campaign 13 to be decided for me. Thats what I call waiting

But hopefully it'll be lucky campaign 13 for you and that will make it worth the wait!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

Well my a/c is now over. Thank goodness, I am so relieved.

It actually went OK, I think. Not as bad as I was imagining. Wouldn't be too fussed on having to do it again any time soon though so hoping I strike gold this time.

Had quite a good group with me. 4 didn't turn up, so there was 8 of us. 4 female/4 male. About 4 of us actually spoke to each other and had a bit of a laugh, the rest were quite reserved. Range of ages but a couple around the same age as me (early thirties :eek:) so that was good.

6 weeks until we get results and Consensia man said PSNI are sending vetting forms to everybody who completes the assessment centre and will then 'dump' the ones that don't score high enough. Believe it or believe it not - I'll go with that and then wont be soooo disappointed if I get vetting forms, then the big Dr John.

Just celebrated with a McDonalds (well the kids wanted one lol). Have no idea if I did well enough or not but will be getting into training just in case - so thought I'd enjoy a blowout ;)

MBC x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭pb999

6 weeks until we get results and Consensia man said PSNI are sending vetting forms to everybody who completes the assessment centre and will then 'dump' the ones that don't score high enough.

well that sounds very cost effective!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Well my a/c is now over. Thank goodness, I am so relieved.

It actually went OK, I think. Not as bad as I was imagining. Wouldn't be too fussed on having to do it again any time soon though so hoping I strike gold this time.

Had quite a good group with me. 4 didn't turn up, so there was 8 of us. 4 female/4 male. About 4 of us actually spoke to each other and had a bit of a laugh, the rest were quite reserved. Range of ages but a couple around the same age as me (early thirties :eek:) so that was good.

6 weeks until we get results and Consensia man said PSNI are sending vetting forms to everybody who completes the assessment centre and will then 'dump' the ones that don't score high enough. Believe it or believe it not - I'll go with that and then wont be soooo disappointed if I get vetting forms, then the big Dr John.

Just celebrated with a McDonalds (well the kids wanted one lol). Have no idea if I did well enough or not but will be getting into training just in case - so thought I'd enjoy a blowout ;)

MBC x

Hi Hun

Glad to hear it went well for you, sooooo pleased. Imagine 4 not turning up!!!! Ah well, less competition for the rest of us!!! As for the whole Vetting form scenario, thats what I have said previously, just because they are issuing Vetting forms, doesnt mean they will process them. Still, it would be better if they did only send them to the highest scorers then we wouldnt be all on tenterhooks!!!!!

Hope the McDonalds was yum!!!

You can enjoy your holiday now and relax and join the masses waiting (not so ) patiently!!!

You'll sleep tonight I imagine lol

Glad you're through it and lived to tell the tale!!!

MGH
    xx

Hi Hun

Glad to hear it went well for you, sooooo pleased. Imagine 4 not turning up!!!! Ah well, less competition for the rest of us!!! As for the whole Vetting form scenario, thats what I have said previously, just because they are issuing Vetting forms, doesnt mean they will process them. Still, it would be better if they did only send them to the highest scorers then we wouldnt be all on tenterhooks!!!!!

Hope the McDonalds was yum!!!

You can enjoy your holiday now and relax and join the masses waiting (not so ) patiently!!!

You'll sleep tonight I imagine lol

Glad you're through it and lived to tell the tale!!!

MGH
    xx

Aww thank you Mrs GH

Yes I definitely should sleep well tonight. I can't tell you how glad I am that it's over lol. I had the same idea about the vetting forms to be honest. I don't think it's that big a waste of money as they're not actually vetting everybody - just getting the forms filled in and sent back in good time ready to be vetted. It's probably a time saving measure and from what I've read the more of them the better.

Anyway...I'm sure the waiting is hard for you - but I have to say I've found all the info on here invaluable and I've every faith in you that you'll do great.

I'll certainly be buying PSNI a big drink if I ever meet him - fingers crossed :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

I'll certainly be buying PSNI a big drink if I ever meet him - fingers crossed :rolleyes:

You have more chance of meeting Elvis I think :D
    Well done MBC. Pleased to hear you got through the AC and feel positive. It's a good sign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

hey mustbecrazy sorry i didnt get on to say good luck to you earlier!! glad youve got it over you and your positive enough about it,always a good sign:) just the long wait now..

thats intresting about the vetting i should be getting my results next week and still havent received any vetting forms, ive already rung the PSNI, going to ring consensia tomorow to see what the story is.

• Advertisement

Given1, I don't understand it. This is peoples lives they're dealing with. I'm annoyed that between Consensia and PSNI there can't be better communication and allow some of that information to be relayed to applicants. At least the same party line anyway. I really feel for you all being in the dark.

Thanks JVB and Given1

The man from Consensia (lol) was very definite that receiving vetting forms means nothing with regards to the a/c so not to assume you have passed if you receive them within the 6 weeks. He said they are being sent out at random intervals by PSNI to everyone attending the a/c.

I am going to try (yeah right) and forget about it for now. I'm just glad the difficult bit is behind me and I can relax now for a bit :cool:

MBC x

JVB wrote: »
    Given1, I don't understand it. This is peoples lives they're dealing with. I'm annoyed that between Consensia and PSNI there can't be better communication and allow some of that information to be relayed to applicants. At least the same party line anyway. I really feel for you all being in the dark.

cheers JVB for the support, its eating away at me tbh, cause there was a breakdown in the PSNI communication regarding my c13 medical and i keep being told one thing from another! if ive failed ive failed as i have c13 to fall back on but would rather get this vetting forms put straight cuz everyone else of the board has got them its more puzzeling me then anything as thyre saying that everyione will receive them!ill see what consensia have to say tomorow! its my life and my dream job and all ive ever wanted...

Thanks JVB and Given1

The man from Consensia (lol) was very definite that receiving vetting forms means nothing with regards to the a/c so not to assume you have passed if you receive them within the 6 weeks. He said they are being sent out at random intervals by PSNI to everyone attending the a/c.

I am going to try (yeah right) and forget about it for now. I'm just glad the difficult bit is behind me and I can relax now for a bit :cool:

MBC x

in away that the only thing thats keeping me going, that receiving vetting forms early dsnt mean that youve failed/passed!

lol it will be hard to relax with the long wait:D but youve dne all ya can so its out of your hands for now:(

given1 wrote: »
    in away that the only thing thats keeping me going, that receiving vetting forms early dsnt mean that youve failed/passed!

lol it will be hard to relax with the long wait:D but youve dne all ya can so its out of your hands for now:(

This Vetting issue is a real puzzler. All its doing a the minute is to make me more anxious about my AC and whats to follow. Or not as the case may be.

GRRRRRRRR:mad:

MBC, I know what you are saying and I don't want to start a row with the way in which Consensia/PSNI conduct their recruiting; but I recruit for the armed forces and our applicants know every step of the way where they are in the process and what they have to do next. Yes, when their vetting is being processed even we can't get an update for them. I think I feel frustrated because of my experience with managing recruitment in a similar line of business. I appreciate that with the selection system the PSNI employs, each candidate can't be told if they have been successful until all applicants have completed the process, but I fail to see how it takes 6 weeks to tell you if you've reached the required standard at AC and when enquiries are made, different answers are provided. It's just not professional.

• Advertisement

This Vetting issue is a real puzzler. All its doing a the minute is to make me more anxious about my AC and whats to follow. Or not as the case may be.

GRRRRRRRR:mad:

dont be letting it put a downer on your post a/c wait, its agonising enough the six weeks wait without that adding to your problems..

lol problems seem to come hand and hand with me applying for the police:(

dont be letting it put a downer on your post a/c wait, its agonising enough the six weeks wait without that adding to your problems..

lol problems seem to come hand and hand with me applying for the police:(

I have the answer!!

LETS ALL GO OUT AND GET DRUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

Will be PM ing y'all about arrangements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

hi is there any one on here doing there ac on thursday if so pm me and we can talk

If everyone is getting vetting forms how come 3 people I know who did it 6 weeks ago today never got any?

MBC, I know what you are saying and I don't want to start a row with the way in which Consensia/PSNI conduct their recruiting; but I recruit for the armed forces and our applicants know every step of the way where they are in the process and what they have to do next. Yes, when their vetting is being processed even we can't get an update for them. I think I feel frustrated because of my experience with managing recruitment in a similar line of business. I appreciate that with the selection system the PSNI employs, each candidate can't be told if they have been successful until all applicants have completed the process, but I fail to see how it takes 6 weeks to tell you if you've reached the required standard at AC and when enquiries are made, different answers are provided. It's just not professional.

Hi JVB

No rows here, don't worry :D I was just repeating what the Consensia guy told us today. He said that not receiving vetting forms within the 6 weeks does not mean you haven't done as well as someone who does and vice versa. I honestly don't know what's right and what isn't but he seemed very definite, even going as far as to say he didn't care what we've read on certain websites lol. I'm just preparing myself to wait the 6 weeks to find out my results and if I do or don't receive vetting forms I'll try not to read too much into it (try being the operative word). Perhaps Given1 will get a better answer tomorrow.
    P.S. I thought I was helping posting what I was told today - had no intention of annoying anybody (sorry Given1 if I've made you feel worse).

• Advertisement

GCBC, It's terrible mate. I so hope you get the call soon.

MBC. Sorry, my message wasn't meant to read as if I'd start a row with you lol. No such thing. I just meant in general that I didn't want to sound anti Consensia or PSNI and annoy people :)

If everyone is getting vetting forms how come 3 people I know who did it 6 weeks ago today never got any?

I don't have the answers, I was only repeating what the Consensia guy said today - and what he actually said was the PSNI are sending out the vetting forms randomly to all who complete the a/c so whether you receive them within the 6 weeks or not means nothing. That's just what he said - I don't know if that's right or not, I'm just a pleb :confused:

Well the consensia man also told me last time round it would be 6 weeks for results, and i had to wait nearly 12, so dont hold your breath for those either. :D

P.S. Ever wish you'd just kept your mouth shut :eek:

Well the consensia man also told me last time round it would be 6 weeks for results, and i had to wait nearly 12, so dont hold your breath for those either. :D

:eek: I think if that was the case I would be going slightly mad!!! 12 weeks for goodness sakes. You must be the king of waiting.:D

Yep it was a long wait from the AC until i got any results. I was 100 sure I had failed it since it was taking so long. nearly died when i got a letter 6 weeks over due to say I had passed.

P.S. Ever wish you'd just kept your mouth shut :eek:

Frequently, yes!!!:p

Frequently, yes!!!:p

Trust you to lower the tone :D

I have learnt my lesson :o

Trust you to lower the tone :D

I have learnt my lesson :o

Not in that way you saucy minx!!!!!!!!!!!:p

• Advertisement

MBC, don't be silly. Everybody's views are welcome. I just think that with a hot topic such as Consensia/PSNI communication, there's a lot of unhappy customers :confused: Honestly, just say what you feel, don't worry about it.

Not in that way you saucy minx!!!!!!!!!!!:p
    So sorry, don't know what has got into me tonight lol. Just keep putting my foot in it. Cup of tea with a digestive (well I did half kill myself on the treadmill earlier) and then bed for me before I offend anyone else :eek:

Cup of tea with a digestive

Digestives? No MBC. You want Hob-Nobs, "They're the marine's of biscuits." "Dip me again ... again ..." (I do hope you've seen Peter Kay ;))

Nite nite

Digestives? No MBC. You want Hob-Nobs, "They're the marine's of biscuits." "Dip me again ... again ..." (I do hope you've seen Peter Kay ;))

Nite nite

Lol I love Peter Kay and yes Hob Nobs are definitely the best but they do drink all your tea :D

Nite ;)

Hi JVB

No rows here, don't worry :D I was just repeating what the Consensia guy told us today. He said that not receiving vetting forms within the 6 weeks does not mean you haven't done as well as someone who does and vice versa. I honestly don't know what's right and what isn't but he seemed very definite, even going as far as to say he didn't care what we've read on certain websites lol. I'm just preparing myself to wait the 6 weeks to find out my results and if I do or don't receive vetting forms I'll try not to read too much into it (try being the operative word). Perhaps Given1 will get a better answer tomorrow.
    P.S. I thought I was helping posting what I was told today - had no intention of annoying anybody (sorry Given1 if I've made you feel worse).

hey dont be worrying MBC you havent made me feel any worse at all! as ive said before on a post and what JVB supported me on its the inconsistencies in concensias info which is really annoying me, its like a game of chineese whispers (lol i think thats what you can compare it to)! hpefully i am in a better postion to say tomorow to shed some light on it but im not hpefull!

Nite nite

Rich Tea, they might only be half a point in Weight Watchers but they're sh*te for dipping!!

Its tooo hoottttttttttttt!!!!!!

LOVE Peter Kay.:p

hey dont be worrying MBC you havent made me feel any worse at all! as ive said before on a post and what JVB supported me on its the inconsistencies in concensias info which is really annoying me, its like a game of chineese whispers (lol i think thats what you can compare it to)! hpefully i am in a better postion to say tomorow to shed some light on it but im not hpefull!

Did you make the call and did you get any clarification?
    I think I'd prefer to go by what the PSNI say.

While your ringing them ask them when next phone calls are being done.

GCBC. With the next intake after August being the 7th Sept and previous posts regarding calls being made 5 weeks before; I would guess that the last week of July and first week of August would be the time. Fingers crossed hey :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 frank1

hello all

I'm new to the boards, as of 5minutes ago.

Did the a/c 2 weeks ago, did quite well, tho havent had my vetting forms back yet. I know though that everyone who completes the a/c will get the forms through, so dont worry to those that havent.

Still waiting a decision/phone call from c13 last year ( have a merit score of under 300 and from p background), so here is hoping that works out for me.

Laters

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Wanalaugh

Hi Frank
    It looks like your not in to bad of a position. If you where in merit placing 300 for example, and you split the group into 2 ie RC and Non RC you would be in 150th place in your group of 220 Non RC. But it depends a lot on the main mix of the group. So the less there are of RC's then this pushes you further out. But anyhows, it still looks good for you pal.
    Best of luck to you and all others waiting the call!!!!!

Wanalaugh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

frank1 wrote: »
    I know though that everyone who completes the a/c will get the forms through, so dont worry to those that havent.

There will be plenty of people who have passed the A/C and not received the vetting forms (yet), but I really don't understand the logic behind suggestions that everybody will receive them or that they are sent out at random.

carlty888 wrote: »
    There will be plenty of people who have passed the A/C and not received the vetting forms (yet), but I really don't understand the logic behind suggestions that everybody will receive them or that they are sent out at random.

Dont think anyone does Carlty!!!!!:D

Dont think anyone does Carlty!!!!!:D

Fair point. ;)

The waiting's bad enough, but when you couple that with total confusion it becomes unbearable. The whole process drives me mad! :mad: Then, at the end of it, most applicants get a "Dear John". The joys of the PSNI recruitment process.

carlty888 wrote: »
    The joys of the PSNI recruitment process.

Its a labour of love!!!:D

• Advertisement

Its a labour of love!!!:D

I wouldn't go that far. It's more like a neccessary evil in my eyes. Whilst I'd love the job, I certainly have no love for the recruitment process.

It drives sane people crazy. I guess that's a little like love! :D

Its not a bad process if you get recruited on the first intake there is, would be short enough for those people. I think im at breaking point at the minute, this process has worn me down alot. Not knowing what is happening with it, and of course waiting about on this one thing has lead to other aspects of my life taking a blow.

Wish it was all over

Its not a bad process if you get recruited on the first intake there is, would be short enough for those people. I think im at breaking point at the minute, this process has worn me down alot. Not knowing what is happening with it, and of course waiting about on this one thing has lead to other aspects of my life taking a blow.

Wish it was all over

Awwww poor GCBC *hugs*

You're still in the running for C13, right up til Nov ( last intake of 13 ??? anyone??? ) so it aint over

I'm praying to any god that'll have me that I get in on my first time but deep down I know I've no mission and I am going to be on these boards for about the next umpteen years!!!:D

Still, what dont kill ya etc etc

Look at Alanbelfast!!!!!!

Look at Alanbelfast!!!!!!

Urghhh I'd rather not. Have you seen him *joke* :D

Alan I love ya really. Looking forward to our little 'event' ;)

Wish it was all over

There speaks a veteran of the recruitment process!

I guess it just makes you all the more elated if and when you get a phonecall.

Hang in there pal. You're still in the running for C13 and nobody seems to know anything about C14!

• Advertisement
Advertisement