Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spain v sweden . russia v greece

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

hotspur wrote: »
    Spain were dreadful weren't they? The movement off the ball was terrible, they were static, and they had no width. A damning indictment of just how bad Russia were, so I wouldn't be hugely optimistic about Russia beating Greece. Lost a bet on Spain to win 1st half, won on over 1.5 goals 1st half, and won on Spain to win as I was leaving the room in disgust in injury time.

Btw as someone new to in running betting do most of you who do engineer freeroll bets? I have been doing that this tournament. What I mean is, for example I took Spain to win the 1st half after 7 minutes at 4/5, they score, and then I bet over 1.5 goals at 5/6 so I'm freerolling a Spanish goal which is most likely and cannot lose money if Sweden score.

yeah but the odds go down, like when spain were winning - the odds would be 1/7 or so, no real point in doing that. If im losing a bet e.g germany v croatia, when the croats went 2-0 up i threw money on them to win to cut my loses

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

AdrianII wrote: »
    yeah but the odds go down, like when spain were winning - the odds would be 1/7 or so, no real point in doing that. If im losing a bet e.g germany v croatia, when the croats went 2-0 up i threw money on them to win to cut my loses

I don't get your point about the odds going down? With Spain winning what odds are you talking about going to 1/7 and what has that got to do with the bets I just talked about?

say you had spain at 4/6 to win

then they score and you place a bet on +1.5 goals, the odds you get are crap compared to if you betted on that prediction at the start of the match

At one point in the match with 5mins to go spains odds were at 3/1

the other day i back the germans to win - put 40 euro on it, croatia went 2-0 up so i then threw 100 on croatia to win at odds of 1/8 to recoup some of my loss.

By the way, what odds were you getting for +1.5 goals after spain went 1-0 up

AdrianII wrote: »
    By the way, what odds were you getting for +1.5 goals after spain went 1-0 up

I bet on +1.5 goals for the 1st half only when Spain went 1-0 up, and as I said I bet it at 5/6. Also I only had Spain to win the 1st half (4/5) at that point. It constituted a freeroll on a Spain goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Lumped €60 at 19/1 on Spain to win 2-1 before I went out this morning.

...just got back in to realise I chose Half-time instead of full time in error on the website :(:( :(:(:(:( :(:(

• Advertisement

gutted for ya mate

Iago wrote: »
    Lumped €60 at 19/1 on Spain to win 2-1 before I went out this morning.
    ...just got back in to realise I chose Half-time instead of full time in error on the website :(:( :(:(:(:( :(:(

Unlucky, but do yourself a favour and stop making correct score bets Iago. You probably should have realised that 19/1 was never going to be the odds of a 2-1 to Spain though. Vigorous loss chasing FTW now :)

Agree with above 60euro placed on a score prediction is throwing money away

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

Finally some joy out of the bookies.

Had a €20- double on Spain & Russia to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Fishyfreak wrote: »
    Finally some joy out of the bookies.

Had a €20- double on Spain & Russia to win.

What did you get back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

Did it in William Hill so slightly worse odds than PP, €69 instead of €75. Better than a kick in the hole though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Decent bet considering the chance, could see Russia and Spain winning before the match.

Advertisement