Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 3 - Vetting

• 14-06-2008 1:02pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,522 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

At the moment, it looks like they are vetting candidates before they are sending them for the standard Medical Examination. This may change or vary. Even so, post your Vetting questions, answers and comments here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭uncleneilly

think i might be very lonely in here as most people vetting has come through(that i know of) mine near 7 months now and im from the north and never lived anywhere else, already security cleared also from current job so baffled on what the hold up could be, surely if there is a problem they would know by now as they only have to check with psni,wifes dad was in army and was told they sometimes can hold things up but dont think im buying that one anymore, anyone else in same boat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 hols82

hey uncleneilly.....well i am in the same horrible boat as yourself....vetting equals waiting waiting and some more waiting though mine has been 5 months. have you passed medical and everthing? i think i might call on monday check out how its going but dont think i will hear from the aug intake now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Griffer2

hi Guys,

was just wondering what the vetting intails, its it basically criminal record check, confirming your address and who your family are and thier criminal history?? or is it more indepth than that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭redsurfer

hi all

i in here too, sent vetting off in jan this year and it still on going passed med and all that, there is 6 gardai who do all the vet for the r.o.i so i think i be waiting some more:(

hols82 wrote: »
    hey uncleneilly.....well i am in the same horrible boat as yourself....vetting equals waiting waiting and some more waiting though mine has been 5 months. have you passed medical and everthing? i think i might call on monday check out how its going but dont think i will hear from the aug intake now
    yes mate i done my medical in december then thats it nothing since, called vetting last wed and got the same reply as usual "still outstanding"

• Advertisement

Griffer2 wrote: »
    hi Guys,

was just wondering what the vetting intails, its it basically criminal record check, confirming your address and who your family are and thier criminal history?? or is it more indepth than that?
    basically its yours and your partners address for the last 20 years,then your mother,father brother sisters address for yourself and partner for last 10 years, financial details , criminal convictions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

basically its yours and your partners address for the last 20 years,then your mother,father brother sisters address for yourself and partner for last 10 years, financial details , criminal convictions

Here's hoping if i get to the vetting stage it will be easy for me (probably kidding myself)

Only child!!!!
    No partner!!!!
    Mum, dad and myself all in one house!!!
    1 address
    No convictions (im a good girl)

Here's hoping if i get to the vetting stage it will be easy for me (probably kidding myself)

Only child!!!!
    No partner!!!!
    Mum, dad and myself all in one house!!!
    1 address
    No convictions (im a good girl)
    i thought i had been a good boy,maybe they found out about that day i mitched off school lol

i thought i had been a good boy,maybe they found out about that day i mitched off school lol

naughty:eek::D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭redsurfer

Hi all

i got a little story for you all on board the :mad:vetting:mad: boat:mad:.

i sent off my vetting in the start of Jan. this year. in feb i got a call of my brother that a garda called him and that they were doing a check on me and a friend of mine told me that my vetting for home had being sent of in feb back to the vetting office:D:D.i called psni vetting in april and was told that my vetting was outstanding from the Gardai,:( ok i thought give the system time, so i did, once a month i called up vetting and was always told that it was outstanding from the Gardai, i called up the vetting unit for the Gardai two months ago and was told that it was on going and there was nothing i could do to hurry it up, ok i thought theres a system here, and it slow, i should just be paitent.

( does anyone see where i going with this yet :confused: )

i called psni vetting on monday and a very nice lady there told be that if i was to call up the gardai vetting unit and and stay calling them it has being know to hurry up the vetting. so i called the gardai unit and got on to a girl and we found out that my vetting was done back in march by the gardai and sent off to the psni:eek::confused::confused: but the psni never got it.

so the psni are now sending a letter down to the gardai asking to resend my forms back up. so i be thinking that i going to miss the aug. intake, sickner as i think i should have being in the april or may intake. can anyone please tell me when the next one is on after that,

sorry for the long message not usual my thing but i fair bit annoyed and also thought there may be some people from the south in there too who are having the same problem

;)

• Advertisement

that sucks mate as if all the waiting aint bad enough you find out yours should have already been sorted, as far as i know intake is every 5 weeks so think next one after aug should be 7th sept

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭gazzabelfast

at vetting stage they can really decline you for a number of reasons, I got this far in a previous campaign and got rejected because my finances were a mess (understandable i suppose) but ive worked my ass off this year or so to clear all my debt and hopefully ill get past this bit this time.

Done the assesment centre recently didnt find it as challenging as in the 2 previous times ive done it....probably means ive screwed up tho :mad:

at vetting stage they can really decline you for a number of reasons, I got this far in a previous campaign and got rejected because my finances were a mess (understandable i suppose) but ive worked my ass off this year or so to clear all my debt and hopefully ill get past this bit this time.

Done the assesment centre recently didnt find it as challenging as in the 2 previous times ive done it....probably means ive screwed up tho :mad:
    that keeps going through my head also when i think of reasons why it's taking so long,had a few problems myself couple of years ago but everything on that end is well sorted now and has been for couple of years(there weren't any ccj's or anything like that)so maybe they just have to have a good check

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭owen1976

Will being on an IVA (it is a financial agreement to pay my debt over a five year period iv currently got 3 years left) stop me from being accepted by the vetting? :(

owen1976 wrote: »
    Will being on an IVA (it is a financial agreement to pay my debt over a five year period iv currently got 3 years left) stop me from being accepted by the vetting? :(
    cant really answer that one mate,checking consensia website they say very little about anything other than convictions they dont once mention finances, however checking other police websites throughout the uk they all do say you need to be financially ok,they mention even if you have been bankrupt or ccj's as long as they are now satisfied and i think have been for something like two years you will still be considered, i cant remember seeing anything regarding IVA but if i were you i would probably check seeing as there wouldn't be much point doing everything to be turned down,as i say consensia website gives very little info on vetting so im not sure if you should phone and ask them or phone vetting maybe they would be able to advise better, ps. sorry for the very long answer but hope it helps a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭BoutYe

Do they notify you to say your vetting is complete? I havent heard anything other than getting a letter about 2 months ago because i hadn't put my sister's date of birth in. Rang the guy and told him and havent heard anything since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭owen1976

Thanks uncleneilly!!:DDoes anyone have the number for the vetting people or know how i can get it?

owen1976 wrote: »
    Thanks uncleneilly!!:DDoes anyone have the number for the vetting people or know how i can get it?
    i normally ring them on 02890650222 then ask for extension 24276

boutye, as far as i know they dont call to let you know,the only time you find out is if they offer you a position, im not sure if you are meant to phone them but i have called before and they have told me it wasn't complete, they are usually nice enough(ps. the number is above)

PYG is in the house.

Passed AC, got vetting forms this morning!!!

Sooooooooo pleased i passed

Let the waiting commence:confused:

PYG is in the house.

Passed AC, got vetting forms this morning!!!

Sooooooooo pleased i passed

Let the waiting commence:confused:
    well done girl,hope your vetting goes pretty quick(ill probably still be waitng on mine lol)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

its mad you have got vetting forms and havent even got a pass letter yet for the AC, they must really want you to be put through as quick as possible.

Consensia warned it would be the full 6 weeks for pass/fail letters. I guess the PSNI dont want to waste time when there are passesthat can be vetted!!!! Only 2 weeks this monday since my AC. I wasnt even thinking about the post coming for another 4 weeks of so. Trust me im not complaining. Out of all the vetting questionnaire 3/4 of mine is N/A!!!!!!!

Their wee time line thing said vetting/medicals would start in August:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

Well done PYG

Excellent work girl, Very pleased indeedy.
    Have a great weekend as that's the hard part over.

Alan

Can i expect to recieve a medical date before i know if my vetting is complete?

Ta my dears:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

Dont know if you will or not, but sure for all the time your vetting will take anyways, wouldnt worry about it yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

just in from work and was creeping on the board:D and seen that you had been sent vetting forms already!! good going really plzed for ya, means only one thing, postitive result which can only bring greater news:)

well done:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

Just been filling out basic bits of vetting.
    It's surprising/embarrassing how many peoples birthdays i don't know!!:p
    And TWO of my siblings went across the water to study - i'd be surprised if even they know all the places they've lived in the last 10 years!

This is gonna take a while!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭pb999

Hi folks,

first post on here, though i've been lurking for a while! :D

I had my A/C on the 13th and got my vetting forms yesterday, congrats to all that have been successful so far, it really surprised me to get the vetting forms 1 week later when i was told (like the rest of you!) to expect a 6 week wait!!

i'm hoping things will be a bit faster vetting wise for me as i was vetted for campaign 13 but failed my medical, anyways, i'm rambling! good luck everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭DustyMan

I was wondering? IF IF IF I passes the AC and got to the 'vetting stage' could my driving record go against me??
    Three and a half years ago I was caught speeding twice the same day! (I know :( ) and received 4 penalty points, 2 for each incident. Those 4 points are now gone off my license as it is over 3 years ago (I'm from the South as you've guessed and thats the law here that when over 3 years has elapsed after receiving the penalty point/s it is then automatically deleted from your record).
    About 4 months ago I was caught speeding again and received 2 penalty points, so now my license shows '2 penalty points'
    To summarize! ;)
    4 penalty points on my license for speeding. Happened 3 1/2 years ago, now gone off my license.
    2 penalty points now on my license after being caught speeding 4 months ago.
    So I've been caught speeding and issued with speeding tickets 3 times in the past 4 years.
    Could this go against me at the vetting stage?? :(
    PS none of the tickets were for mad speeding just for eg doing 50 in a 40 zone etc.
    Apologies to go on so much. Thanks if anyone has any info.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭DustyMan

Well done PapaYankeeGirl on getting your vetting formsl!! Best of luck!
    The future is looking bright, you better wear shades! :)

Advertisement