Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 3 - Vetting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Gee-22 wrote: »
    Hi folks, its been a while since ive been on as im trying to forget about it to ease the wait.

I did my a/c on the 12 June and told i passed on the 24th July and i still have not had vetting forms yet. Were as a friend of mine got vetting forms 2 weeks after his a/c.

Just wondered if anyone is in the same boat as myself and if anyone had any ideas to why i have not recieved vetting forms?

Also is there anyone you can ring to ask the question? Have i been forgotten about?:confused:

Its alright we are all going stir crazy. My ac almost three weeks ago and no vetting. Loads of passes at ac with no vetting forms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

Its alright we are all going stir crazy. My ac almost three weeks ago and no vetting. Loads of passes at ac with no vetting forms.

Congats on the pass MGH.
    Its just that its been 11 weeks today from when i did the a/c and still no vet forms.

Just seems odd that some people have recieved vetting forms.

Ive never know a process to be dragged out such as this - I know im not alone and we all have our stories fustration :mad:

Gee-22 wrote: »
    Congats on the pass MGH.
    Its just that its been 11 weeks today from when i did the a/c and still no vet forms.

Just seems odd that some people have recieved vetting forms.

Ive never know a process to be dragged out such as this - I know im not alone and we all have our stories fustration :mad:

Thanks for the congrats. Delighted to have passed first time round.
    Myself and PYG are going slowly mad....to think theres months and months of this to go.....oy vey!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭faceman08

hey people,

just looking a little bit of advice, one of my referees is a director of a company, and i have put his buisness address on the form, he has since informed me that at the moment, he is not always there.

do you think it would be worth my while phoning vetting and providing them with his home address? will they accept any additional information that wasnt origionally included on the form?

does anyone actually have a number for vetting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Sadie OOO!!!

Did anyone else do there a/c on the 20th August there past and have you recieved vetting forms form PSNI? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭BoutYe

faceman08 wrote: »
    hey people,

just looking a little bit of advice, one of my referees is a director of a company, and i have put his buisness address on the form, he has since informed me that at the moment, he is not always there.

do you think it would be worth my while phoning vetting and providing them with his home address? will they accept any additional information that wasnt origionally included on the form?

I dont think it will matter too much. Neither of my references have been contacted for C13 and i used the same ones again for C14. Saying that, my vetting still isnt completed from C13 and is now going into its 9th month!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

hey people,

I honestly wouldnt worry too much about that, it wont fail your vetting

I honestly wouldnt worry too much about that, it wont fail your vetting

ok thanks. my other referee has told me that he has been contacted so i know that the process, whatever it may be, is going through.

I just thought that if theyd contacted one they would definitly contact the other.

ill hang tight...... im getting used to it now, lol.

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

ok thanks. my other referee has told me that he has been contacted so i know that the process, whatever it may be, is going through.

I just thought that if theyd contacted one they would definitly contact the other.

ill hang tight...... im getting used to it now, lol.

thanks

hey faceman08, is that your vetting for C14 your talking about?
    I was kinda curious if they'd have started our vetting yet (i'm in C14), and if your in C14 then I guess that answers my question.

hey faceman08, is that your vetting for C14 your talking about?
    I was kinda curious if they'd have started our vetting yet (i'm in C14), and if your in C14 then I guess that answers my question.

Hey, yeah im in campaign 14. he didnt tell me any particulars only that he had recieved forms to fill out with reference to my vetting.

did you say in an earlier post that you had your AC beginning of July? thats when i did mine, hopefully ill get a medical date though soon!keeping my fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

Hey, yeah im in campaign 14. he didnt tell me any particulars only that he had recieved forms to fill out with reference to my vetting.

did you say in an earlier post that you had your AC beginning of July? thats when i did mine, hopefully ill get a medical date though soon!keeping my fingers crossed.

Whoops, I must have miss-typed it, i did it on friday 13th june!
    Good luck, hope you hear soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭suziesaysso

howdy.

i haven't got to the vetting part yet (still waiting on my fracking ac result) BUT i have a question.........does anyone know if having immediate family as ex-RUC count against you? i've heard once or twice that they would prefer fresh blood with no connection to the past.

any info or thoughts on this appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

... does anyone know if having immediate family as ex-RUC count against you? i've heard once or twice that they would prefer fresh blood with no connection to the past.

I would be very suprised if this is so. Infact I can't even imagine it. The fact you have immediate family with RUC/PSNI connections would only bolster your vetting in my opinion. Connection to the past is part of who we are. There are many ex-RUC who now serve in the PSNI. If what you say was to be true then surely they would want to pension all of these off? I'm sure it's not the case Suzie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭ciaran2008

JVB wrote: »
    I would be very suprised if this is so. Infact I can't even imagine it. The fact you have immediate family with RUC/PSNI connections would only bolster your vetting in my opinion. Connection to the past is part of who we are. There are many ex-RUC who now serve in the PSNI. If what you say was to be true then surely they would want to pension all of these off? I'm sure it's not the case Suzie.

This would be illegal too. .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭pb999

howdy.

i haven't got to the vetting part yet (still waiting on my fracking ac result) BUT i have a question.........does anyone know if having immediate family as ex-RUC count against you? i've heard once or twice that they would prefer fresh blood with no connection to the past.

got to agree with JVB, theres no way they could discriminate against you if you had family who were in the RUC, i have a couple of mates and extended family who are in PSNI, all with former RUC officers as parents, plus if you read the starting garnerville thread its very clear that all officers/trainers etc are fiercely proud of the RUC and their achievements (and rightly so!). Plus if the media were ever to find out about any such discrimination they'd have an absolute field day! i would say that any rumours of such discrimination probably originates from those bitter at not passing the selection process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

BoutYe wrote: »
    I dont think it will matter too much. Neither of my references have been contacted for C13 and i used the same ones again for C14. Saying that, my vetting still isnt completed from C13 and is now going into its 9th month!!!

Same here. The fact that the good people in the vetting dept. need info from An Garda Siochana just as well as from the Belgian Federal Police probably isn't exactly speeding things up.

Phoned vetting there and the girl on the other side of the phone told me that the next batch of vetting forms where being prepared and would be posted to the candidates that have scored high enough only.....so not a good sign. I would say there will be "Dear John" letters in the post in the near future!!!! :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

Phoned vetting there and the girl on the other side of the phone told me that the next batch of vetting forms where being prepared and would be posted to the candidates that have scored high enough only.....so not a good sign. I would say there will be "Dear John" letters in the post in the near future!!!! :confused::confused::confused:

Hi Sadie

Sorry if I'm being thick - but what is not a good sign? Maybe I'm not reading your message properly. Did the girl say the vetting forms were being prepared to be sent out or that they've already been sent out? :confused: I haven't received any vetting forms yet so I can understand it wouldn't be a great sign if they've already been sent to those who have scored high enough :( but I'm hoping they haven't been sent out yet??
    Sorry, I'm freaking out a bit everyday waiting for the postman so all titbits of info are most welcome!

MBC x

Hi must be crazy!

The girl in question just said that they ehere preparing the next batch of vetting forms for posting out to candidates with a high enough mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

next batch of vetting forms where being prepared and would be posted to the candidates that have scored high enough only

So I guess this would appear to confirm the theory that vetting forms are being sent out to those with high A/C scores. Not at random as initially suggested by Consensia.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

I never for a second believed they would send them out randomly. would have been a waste of money and time there.

Girl from PSNI told me that next batch of vetting forms where being prepared and would be sent out in the near future. Gospel truth!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭pb999

carlty888 wrote: »
    So I guess this would appear to confirm the theory that vetting forms are being sent out to those with high A/C scores. Not at random as initially suggested by Consensia.

thats a lesson i learned in campaign 12, never believe a word consensia tell you unless you get it from them in writing, and even then! :p

I never for a second believed they would send them out randomly. would have been a waste of money and time there.

I didn't buy that eiher, but there were others who kept insisting that getting vetting forms was not a) a sign of passing the A/C and b) a sign of a good A/C score. They used Consensia's "random" statement to back up their argument.

Girl from PSNI told me that next batch of vetting forms where being prepared and would be sent out in the near future. Gospel truth!!!

Nobody's doubting what you say. We're just suggesting that it backs up what some of us believed from the start ie. Getting the vetting forms is an indication that you've scored reasonly highly in the A/C.

hooray...passed my ac. so whats next? score from consensia or merit list thing from psni? vetting forms? argh! this is the first time ive done this so bit confused.

its a bit annoying because you want to be happy about passing the ac but still might not have scored highly enough or fail vetting or medical......its a jungle out there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭owen1976

hooray...passed my ac. so whats next? score from consensia or merit list thing from psni? vetting forms? argh! this is the first time ive done this so bit confused.

its a bit annoying because you want to be happy about passing the ac but still might not have scored highly enough or fail vetting or medical......its a jungle out there!

Congrats!! Did you get a pass letter or vetting forms today?

well, funny story.........i did my ac on 15th august, and was persuing these boards thinking 'where the frack are my ac results?!', so rang consensia and, cut a long story short, have moved house and had not updated consensia (oops) so results sent to old address. so got results today, later than scheduled. whoopsies.

anyhoo.....just got a nice letter saying you have been successful blah blah something about feedback form in november and hearing from psni not before sept 08.

no vetting forms as off yet! back to stalking the postman!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Louisiana 1927

Hey guys, this is my first post on this forum. If what i am hearing is true then this is sweet! I done my AC on 3rd July & got my vetting forms on 14th July, so if it is the case that they send out VF's to those with high scores then this is excellent. I'd heard something of a similar nature elsewhere but only on this thread have i heard so many others talking of it.

I was told be Rec Branch that PSNI would not be in a position to form a merit pool until September.

I also heard from a reliable source that some peeps from past campaigns who were discarded from the merit pool are being called back. Why? I don't know, that's what i heard.

good luck to all who are awaiting word about the next stage like myself!

• Advertisement

All those who have had vetting forms to date seem to have completed their ACs fairly early on, June and July. Has anyone who did an August AC had vetting yet?

I'm getting more depressed by the minute...:(

Advertisement