Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 3 - Vetting

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 olympian31

Sat AC in June got letter to say i have passed in August. However letter said do not expect to hear before September. Others that sat the AC with me have had vetting forms and medical date but no letter to say that they have passed. What happening out there.
    Can anyone tell me how or where to find out where i am in the pool ?.
    How many intakes this year?
    starting to panic that got this far to be brushed aside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Sadie OOO!!!

olympian31 wrote: »
    Sat AC in June got letter to say i have passed in August. However letter said do not expect to hear before September. Others that sat the AC with me have had vetting forms and medical date but no letter to say that they have passed. What happening out there.
    Can anyone tell me how or where to find out where i am in the pool ?.
    How many intakes this year?
    starting to panic that got this far to be brushed aside.

Merit pool will be available from end of september. My letter also stated that PSNI wouldn't be in contact until September. You can phone up PSNI if it makes you feel better as i did but i was informed that the second batch of vetting forms where being prepared at present to be posted in next couple of weeks. I know MRSGENEHUNTER recieved hers today.(Tuesday)

Keep the chin up it'll be worth waiting for!!!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 adam2695

Hey,

I did the A/C at the end of July and received the pass letter at the beginning of august. Anyone who did it at the end of august got their vetting forms or anything else yet? this waiting about is a load of c*ap! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

adam2695 wrote: »
    Hey,

I did the A/C at the end of July and received the pass letter at the beginning of august. Anyone who did it at the end of august got their vetting forms or anything else yet? this waiting about is a load of c*ap! :mad:

Did you mean end of July?

Yeah sorry the end of july. Just wondering cause its stupid the amount of time that u have to wait and they give u no indication if u ring them up. Poorly run system in some ways if u ask me.

Adam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

You havent been waiting very long to be honest. Most people wait between 6-12 months to find out if they have got in. Just put it out of your mind and you will hear from them when they have got to you. Its hard to do I know but its better if you do. I worried for months and months and in the end I got in, so it was all for nothing.

You havent been waiting very long to be honest. Most people wait between 6-12 months to find out if they have got in.

Good point. We are six months into this already! The 2nd batch of vetting has only just been dispatched and medicals have only started.
    The waiting aint easy but we have no choice. :D

yeah i know wat u mean, just annoying. Anybody got any luck lately with everything? The postman has been giving me really funny looks as he thinks everyday must be my birthday with me waiting for him lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 olympian31

Hi There
    Few questions to ask
    have passed the AC and got the letter to say i would not be contacted before Sept.
    Is there any way i can find out where i stand in the drafting pool.

olympian31 wrote: »
    Hi There
    Few questions to ask
    have passed the AC and got the letter to say i would not be contacted before Sept.
    Is there any way i can find out where i stand in the drafting pool.

The merit pool will not be available until the end of Sept. You can ring Recruitment then and ask for your number.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Mark63

A question for any of the Southerners who've done the vetting form. Did you include your PPS number when they said National Insurance number or leave it blank?

I also asked this a few days ago but didn't get any answers so here goes again:

Just looking through the form and want to check if when they ask for details of government employment (police, army, civil service etc.) I take it's that just in Northern Ireland. What about if you have had that type of employment in the Republic?

Will ring and get the answers tomorrow if nothing here.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭suziesaysso

got my vetting forms!!! yaaaaayyyy :pac:

just gotta fill the bugger out now!! does anyone know how badly living abroad will affect your vetting? i did 7 months in australia and 3 in california over the last few years.........got loads of addresses here too! what are they looking for with regard to your addresses and family?

woooo hoooo....thanks mr postman!!

Just finished filling in my vetting form, all ready for the post tomorrow:D

I'll send it on its way and pray for a speedy turnaround!:p

Not long now til the merit numbers are ready, then we'll know if we were lucky to get Vetting forms or not LOL

Bak to the waiting now, was good getting the forms through, felt like I was accomplishing something rather than treading water. Just hope I dont sink.......:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 rugby_blonde

Your Lucky,

I still havent got any Forms lol...

Hoping that tomorrow may be the day..Who Knows..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

Your Lucky,

I still havent got any Forms lol...

Hoping that tomorrow may be the day..Who Knows..

lol wanna be in my gang:D

Hell Yeah "Given" lol

I just take each day as it comes now, Im past worrying, if it happens it happens, if it doesnt it doesnt...

I want it sooo much, but that doesnt help...

Hell Yeah "Given" lol

I just take each day as it comes now, Im past worrying, if it happens it happens, if it doesnt it doesnt...

I want it sooo much, but that doesnt help...

im the exact same, if its meant to be its meant to be, it is so frustrating though!!

the only thing keeping me going is that im still in c13!

p.s im sure we wont find it hard recruiting members:D

Nice one..

My Friend was in Campaign 13 and he started last week Although the way it worked he overlapped also..I never passed C13, so I'm pretty much giving it my all this time round..

Hoping for the Best! @ the end of the day that's all you can do, and lets be honest it's a changed force now, none of this down to the depot i'm enlisting for 30 years service starting now.. Wish it was though lol

Nice one..

My Friend was in Campaign 13 and he started last week Although the way it worked he overlapped also..I never passed C13, so I'm pretty much giving it my all this time round..

Hoping for the Best! @ the end of the day that's all you can do, and lets be honest it's a changed force now, none of this down to the depot i'm enlisting for 30 years service starting now.. Wish it was though lol

lol if only....! it changed but a lot of people still arnt satisfied with it yet!

lets all we can do is live in hope and i will; until i get a 'dear john' letter!! its the merit scores that really matter so you know where you stand, so just gotta keep smiling for days to come:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

given1 wrote: »
    lol if only....! it changed but a lot of people still arnt satisfied with it yet!

lets all we can do is live in hope and i will; until i get a 'dear john' letter!! its the merit scores that really matter so you know where you stand, so just gotta keep smiling for days to come:)

Am a bit blonde (naturally!), can some kind soul explain the merit scoring process to me? ie what is considered high and low, I sort of have an idea but am not sure... has all changed since the last time I went through all of this.... i imagine my vetting may take a while as they have to contact strathclyde police for my decade of living in Glasvegas, should be grand though seeing as I used to work for em!:)

• Advertisement

Am a bit blonde (naturally!), can some kind soul explain the merit scoring process to me? ie what is considered high and low, I sort of have an idea but am not sure... has all changed since the last time I went through all of this.... i imagine my vetting may take a while as they have to contact strathclyde police for my decade of living in Glasvegas, should be grand though seeing as I used to work for em!:)

The merit pool starts at No1 (Fantastic!) and goes from there so the the closer you are to No1 the better.
    Its gets confusing when you hear people talking about high and low numbers cos some of us work in opposites to others!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

The merit score is taken primarily from A/C scores. For example, the top 100 highest scorers in the A/C will be placed in the top 100 places of the merit list.

In the event of A/C scores being tied, the PSNI will have a look at the scores from the IST. I have also been told that the number of times someone has applied will be taken into account. I'm not sure if this is true and whether applying a lot is a positive or negative.

There are 440 (so we've been told) places up for grabs. 220 for the highest placed RC's and 220 for the highest placed non-RC's.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

Ok so I didn't receive vetting forms today again - sigh no big scream is more how I feel but anyway....

I phoned recruitment and vetting dept because I feel like it's overtaking my life (already and yes I know there's so much longer to go blah blah blah but I am obviously an impatient sod) and I just want to know either way!

So this is the very confuddled information I got...

First of all - recruitment dept..

Can you tell me if the vetting forms for C14 have all been sent out?
    Answer...I don't know, you'd have to ask vetting dept about that but I do know they are prioritising who they are sending them to
    Me: Does that mean they are sending them to the highest scorers first?
    Answer: Yes
    Me: Damn :( (into myself lol) OK thankyou.

Come off the phone and realise I didn't ask about the merit list

Cue second phone call to vetting dept..

Me: Hello, can you tell me if all the vetting forms for C14 have already been sent out?
    Answer: No, the are still vetting forms to be sent out.
    Me: Do you think they'll all be sent by the end of next week and if I haven't received them by then I can assume I am unlikely to get any?
    Answer: Definitely not, it's way too soon to say when all the vetting forms will have been sent and finished with.
    Me: And are they being sent out in merit list order?
    Answer: I don't even think we've received the full merit list from Consensia yet :confused:, and there is a long way to go before it will be known who is successful in the campaign and who is not.
    Me: Thank you, and very sorry for bothering you.
    Answer: No problem, goodbye.

Cue me wondering if maybe the merit list might be ready if Recruitment seemed to know the vetting forms were being sent out in order. So...as nobody had asked my name or anything I felt safe enough to ring back again lol...

Me: Hello, very sorry to bother you but can you tell me if the merit list is available for C14 yet?
    Answer: No, we will not be able to give any information on the merit list until the end of September.
    Me: Oh OK, but the vetting forms are being sent out in merit order?
    Answer: All I know is the vetting forms are being prioritised (?) in the order they are sent out.
    Me: (sensing she was getting a bit bored with the questions) OK, thanks for your time, goodbye.

So there you go....I take from that, that if you've received vetting forms you have scored pretty highly in the a/c and if it was me I'd be feeling pretty pleased with myself (sigh again) but that it's still all a bit up in the air and if anybody actually knows anything concrete they aint letting on to us candidates.

So don't really know if I'm any further on, but definitely got the impression from vetting dept. that the fact some of us haven't received vetting forms does not mean anything at this point.

MBC x :eek:

Heres how it is from my experience.

They send them out to high scorers first, so save the time and money of sending them out to lower scorers, incase they are not needed.

It probably is true that they havent got a complete list yet, but they do know who is going to be in the top 50% at least, going by the AC scores alone.

Myself and a few others on here didnt get any vetting forms until 6 months after our Ac. Its been what, 2 months for you and you are panicking already. Dont worry so much about it theres a long way to go yet.

I'm trying not to read too much into all this as I am in grave danger of getting my hopes up.

Vetting posted back today....and now we wait, although only til end of Sept in the first instance, til we get merit numbers. :rolleyes:

Then some more waiting to see if we're lucky enough to get a medical...then some more waiting for the call.

Goodcop made it an art form!!!!!!:cool:

Remember people you have up until next november probably to get the call for campaign 14. I pity anyone waiting until then but thats how it goes :D

Myself and a few others on here didnt get any vetting forms until 6 months after our Ac. Its been what, 2 months for you and you are panicking already. Dont worry so much about it theres a long way to go yet.[/quote]

Funny was expecting that reply from you ;)

Yes I know it hasn't been that long (in comparison to some) etc etc but I think the majority of people waiting on vetting forms are feeling the same way (did you not at the start of your campaign too?). As I said I definitely am an impatient sod, unfortunately, but not quite panicking yet, just frustrated! I'm sure I'll let you know when the panic takes hold :eek:. I just assumed others on the board would have also been impatiently awaiting results too and might have been interested in my phone call. Maybe I'm the only one terrorising my poor postman after all! I'm not used to these long drawn out recruitment campaigns so please excuse my impatience and bewilderment at how long it all takes :o and I will keep my :eek: thoughts and worries to myself from now on for fear of sounding like a basket case (or is it already too late??!!).

MBC x

everyone feels like a basket case waiting to hear word about your vetting, medical, merit score etc dont be too hard on yourself :D

Sorry if I sound like a broken record im just trying to put things into perspective so you dont go mad waiting for the postman, he could come tomorrow with vetting forms or it could be 2009.

Thats the hard thing about waiting for this job is you dont have a clue whats going on, but sure coming on here is good fun. :D

I'm hoping the merit list will give me an idea if there is any point in hoping or not - but maybe it'll make things worse?!! :eek:

It's the not knowing I find difficult and the amount of stages involved. It's not just the normal test, interview and letter etc...but you are right I really need to just get on with things and stop dwelling on the whole thing so much. I do keep telling myself that (as does my husband :P) but my brain is yet to take note :D.

Tomorrow is another day....

MBC x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭owen1976

Well I think it was MGH that said she had good info that the dear john letters would be out soon. It could be a good thing or the bad thing, but if you don't recieve one then theres always hope!

Advertisement