Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 3 - Vetting

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭FootyFan24

Same ere Papa Yankee Girl..

Not good! Look to C.15 with me lol..
    Same here, C15 looks to be the way :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 JuiletBravo

hi made the call and scored in the low 800's and rc . But what does this mean.I am clue less to this confusing process . There must be an easier way. Am I still in the running. Or should throw the towel in now and wait for c15. I take it to have to miss a phase of recrutment before you can apply again is this true?

Hope some one can elevate my concerns

Juilet bravo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Mark63

Can't believe it - round about 150. Thrilled.

Commiserations to those who don't think they got high enough. Know what it must be like.

Surely those of you who are non RC and in the 300s still have a chance. There were some threads earlier saying that non RCs over 300 got in. People will no doubt go down at the medical or vetting or decide that the job is not for them.

And there are sure to be some RCs in the higher numbers - Mr Fug above and me for 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

Hi Folks,

I have no medical date yet!!! BUT! I scored between 160-180Mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am totally blown away! Over the Moon!!!! :D:D:):D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Brilliant mate!!
    Well done!!!!!!!!:D
    Chuffed for ya! They're warming a bunk in GV for you even as we speak....LOL

thanks so much...just vetting and medical I am worrying about now!

Well done to you Mrs GH, hang in there! I was so shocked...convinced myself I was never near that!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭squirrel81

jeez, finally go the courage to call! got 155- 165, im a bit shaky at the moment :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Fo

I got one of those boarderline scores, where ya dunno if ya stand a chance or not. Pretty dissapointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭kelso69

Fo wrote: »
    I got one of those boarderline scores, where ya dunno if ya stand a chance or not. Pretty dissapointed.

It means you are still in with a chance!

squirrel81 wrote: »
    jeez, finally go the courage to call! got 155- 165, im a bit shaky at the moment :D

Brilliant Mate well done!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭squirrel81

thanks integra, was not expecting it all :D i havent got my medical date yet either, so was getting a tad worried. Need a stiff drink ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Fo

kelso69 wrote: »
    It means you are still in with a chance!

Thanks for the encouragement Kelso69, I reckon if I'm good enough to get this far and it's just the 50:50 rule stopping me, English Police would take me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

hi made the call and scored in the low 800's and rc . But what does this mean.I am clue less to this confusing process . There must be an easier way. Am I still in the running. Or should throw the towel in now and wait for c15. I take it to have to miss a phase of recrutment before you can apply again is this true?

Hope some one can elevate my concerns

Juilet bravo

hey thats what i got in c13 and theyve let people with scores in the 900s in, pm if ya have anymore worries!! so keep the head up,going by previous campaigns that should be you in!! im awaiting an operation on my knee so thats whats stalled me iup for c13,hpefully it pays of!! as for c14 ill join the crowd awaiting for c15!!

heyyyy mgh, how did you do??? PM me!! lol im not going to even embarrass myself my sticking mine up!! all i can say thank for a decent score in c13:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 chatterbox08

Hi Folks,

Just rang up for my merit number there, it was bad news im afraid. RC in the 500's. Looks like its C15 for me too then!

squirrel81 wrote: »
    thanks integra, was not expecting it all :D i havent got my medical date yet either, so was getting a tad worried. Need a stiff drink ;)

Well Squirrell, we are in same boat! I was panicking to as no med date yet either! girl said on phone more to come!:) our scores are very close as well not a lot in it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭kelso69

Hi Folks,

Just rang up for my merit number there, it was bad news im afraid. RC in the 500's. Looks like its C15 for me too then!

I wouldn't be so sure mate. RC with much higher scores got in C13. Alot of people with higher number drop out due to medicals, vetting and various other reasons.

Hi Folks,

m8t, thats brilliant!!! there r/c who made it in for c13 with scores in the 800s/900s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Delta2783

Hi Guys! Got my merit place this morning! Less that 150! Medical in a weeks time and vetting forms already sent off! Im from RC background do you think that would be a good enough score to get in? Im new to this and this is the 1st time i have applied?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

Delta2783 wrote: »
    Hi Guys! Got my merit place this morning! Less that 150! Medical in a weeks time and vetting forms already sent off! Im from RC background do you think that would be a good enough score to get in? Im new to this and this is the 1st time i have applied?

The last post just said that there are people in Garnerville with merit placings of 800+ from a RC background so I would think that its fairly safe to say that a score less than 150 from a RC background would be a shoe in provided the medical and vetting were passed. I would maybe get the eyesight checked though if you have the medical next week!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭el_nino_9

hey guys

rang this mornin for merit number, got between 250-300 NON RC, what do you reckon my chances are if everything else goes well? well done to people that got scores they wanted and commiserations to those who didnt, i know how use feel! keep the chin up and go for it again, will be worth it in the end! i could be joining use in c15!

I think your still in there mate, keep the chin up! good chance alright! non rc male last time round in training now scored 350s apparetly according to a boardie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Delta2783

Do you guys know if they actually contact the references from your vetting forms? I had trouble supplying two because I moved to belfast a few years ago and lost touch with people from my hometown, and it was hard to find ppl i had known for 10 yrs who werent family cos im only 20!

integra1 wrote: »
    I think your still in there mate, keep the chin up! good chance alright! non rc male last time round in training now scored 350s apparetly according to a boardie!

cheers integra, i hope so! im sure there is a good few RCs below me, well i hope there is! how you get on? you are still waiting on ur medical arent you?

el_nino_9 wrote: »
    cheers integra, i hope so! im sure there is a good few RCs below me, well i hope there is! how you get on? you are still waiting on ur medical arent you?

I am indeed chum! you still waiting on yours?:confused:

• Advertisement

integra1 wrote: »
    I am indeed chum! you still waiting on yours?:confused:

i am indeed, lets hope its sooner rather than later!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bc84

hi guys

just found out i got between 350-400 in merit pool, non rc, not really sure what it means for myself. 2 guys i know who recently completed their training seem to think usually up to 440/450 have a good shout at it depending on 50/50 etc but this is my first full campaign so i have no idea. anyone got any insight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

bc84 wrote: »
    hi guys

just found out i got between 350-400 in merit pool, non rc, not really sure what it means for myself. 2 guys i know who recently completed their training seem to think usually up to 440/450 have a good shout at it depending on 50/50 etc but this is my first full campaign so i have no idea. anyone got any insight?

This whole process works in mysterious ways, so who really knows? In any case, the amount of people to initially apply to the PSNI is huuge (I heard 7000 mentioned once). To have survived to the end, and placed 350-400 overall is something to be proud of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 nu2this

Hi guys...I'm completely new to this forum and infact the recruitment process as 1st time application...noticed some of you calling up for your 'merit numbers' so I did to and got between 200/250 non rc...I haven't really got a clue:confused: what this number means could someone please please explain this merit process to me?? Sorry if I seem a bit wet behind the ears:rolleyes:

nu2this wrote: »
    Hi guys...I'm completely new to this forum and infact the recruitment process as 1st time application...noticed some of you calling up for your 'merit numbers' so I did to and got 2** non rc...I haven't really got a clue:confused: what this number means could someone please please explain this merit process to me?? Sorry if I seem a bit wet behind the ears:rolleyes:

Very good score. surelyyou've had vetting forms by this point?
    You're pretty much a shoe in, vetting and medical notwithstanding.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Sadie OOO!!!

nu2this are you catholic.

nu2this are you catholic.

Subtle!!! ROTLFMAO:D

Hi guys...I'm completely new to this forum and infact the recruitment process as 1st time application...noticed some of you calling up for your 'merit numbers' so I did to and got 2** non rc...I haven't really got a clue:confused: what this number means could someone please please explain this merit process to me?? Sorry if I seem a bit wet behind the ears:rolleyes:

Sadie.......

Very good score. surelyyou've had vetting forms by this point?
    You're pretty much a shoe in, vetting and medical notwithstanding.:)
    Thanks for the insight;) Yes had vet forms sent back start Aug (no idea how this is going?) and re med they advised me today whilst getting merit score that i had been put forward for a med & should hear soon...Still bit miffed with merit scores tho:rolleyes: how does it work if they intake 220 & I'm say 250? Thanks for helping me out!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bc84

i received my vetting forms really quickly after my ac, dont know whether that means anything, sent them back around 3 weeks ago, have had nothing since, but im sure the fact my fiancee has lived at about 8 addresses isn't helping :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭belfastard

hi guys got 560-590 in the merit and from rc background...thought id have been a little higher but pleased enough as it is my first pop at the ac! still reckon i have some sort of chance...the girl said medicals were being sent in merit list order! fingers crossed,well done to all who achieved what they wanted and theres always next year for those who didnt!

Thanks for the insight;) Yes had vet forms sent back start Aug (no idea how this is going?) and re med they advised me today whilst getting merit score that i had been put forward for a med & should hear soon...Still bit miffed with merit scores tho:rolleyes: how does it work if they intake 220 & I'm 2**? Thanks for helping me out!:)

They take the top 220 scores from each background.

You're 2** and non rc. For you not to get in nos 1 - 2** would all have to be non rc. u c?:rolleyes:
    People do fail the vetting and medical part of the process, more than you'd think in which case they move on to the next person from that background in the list. That may mean they go from candidate 433 to candidate 507 in one fell swoop if they are all the same background.
    Still with me?

I suggest you do what I did when I first discovered this thread, go to what is now the old archived forum and read through it, you will learn so much. The read the new threads. I'd stay away from the girls only one tho, some of the stuff on there is very racy.....:D

Hope this helps you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

DON'T GIVE OUT YOUR EXACT MERIT NUMBER!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

Phoned up this morning - got through right away. I'm RC and my Merit Number is below 440 and above 220 - i'm happy with that. So long as there aren't 220 catholics ahead of me!!!

All I wanted was to get in under my own steam!

They take the top 220 scores from each background.

If you're 250 and non rc. For you not to get in nos 1 - 249 would all have to be non rc. u c?:rolleyes:
    People do fail the vetting and medical part of the process, more than you'd think in which case they move on to the next person from that background in the list. That may mean they go from candidate 433 to candidate 507 in one fell swoop if they are all the same background.
    Still with me?

I suggest you do what I did when I first discovered this thread, go to what is now the old archived forum and read through it, you will learn so much. The read the new threads. I'd stay away from the girls only one tho, some of the stuff on there is very racy.....:D

Hope this helps you out.
    Cheers that has helped alot;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Mark63

Phoned up this morning - got through right away. I'm RC and my Merit Number is below 440 and above 220 - i'm happy with that. So long as there aren't 220 catholics ahead of me!!!

All I wanted was to get in under my own steam!

Totally agree with that. I wanted to make it in the top 440 at least to make sure if everything else goes OK that it wouldn't be seen as getting in at somebody else's expense.

I know if I was like some of the others on the boards and was non RC and came in under 440 I would be gutted that someone else was getting in on a lower merit score. That said everyone knew the procedure starting out but it still can't be easy. The one mate who I told well look at it as bringing an extra skill that the PSNI need by being RC.

I still think that anybody in the 300s who is non RC must have a fair chance - after all not all us RCs are going to miss out on the lower scores?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 --thepirate--

Hi

I just received my merit number.Its between 1100-1200:eek::)
    Does this mean im officially out:D
    now...to next year.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭suziesaysso

hey

i got between 300-320 non-rc background - am i in with a shot? just sent off vetting forms so who knows?

more waiting!

:rolleyes:

well done susie, not bad at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Sadie OOO!!!

is there anyone on here with a merit off 700s or 800s who has recieved vetting forms.!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Boomtown

Hi guys - have not been on here since the forum was updated!! Called recruitment and got my merit number - between 680 and 7** - RC . Im a little disheartned but from reading the last few posts i see that i may still be in with a chance. i was talking to a friend who is non RC and his score is between 380 and 4**. He was saying that i am in with a better chance than him due to the 50/50 rule?! Is this true? Are non rc's with my kinda score still in with a shot (albeit a long one)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

Boomtown wrote: »
    Hi guys - have not been on here since the forum was updated!! Called recruitment and got my merit number - between 680 and 7** - RC . Im a little disheartned but from reading the last few posts i see that i may still be in with a chance. i was talking to a friend who is non RC and his score is between 380 and 4**. He was saying that i am in with a better chance than him due to the 50/50 rule?! Is this true? Are non rc's with my kinda score still in with a shot (albeit a long one)?

Catholics have gotten in before with merit placements in the 900's. Whereas I've heard it mentioned that non-RC need around 350 maximum to have any kind of chance. So yeah, you probably do have a better chance.

--thepirate--: Yeah looks like it unfortunatley mate, I dont think even RC have gotten in before with scores above 900.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Boomtown

Guys, i dont know if his makes sense but if RC'S who like myself got a high score, will it depend on how many RC's actually applied for the PSNI in the 1st place, ie if say only 300 applied, (this is only for instance!!) then no matter how high of a score you got you would still be in with a chance of getting placed? Likewise for non Rc's- it depends on how many applied from your community background and got as far as the rest of us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

Folks,

How long does vetting take for someone from the south? I read a piece from PSNI on an earlier thread in which he said that his vetting took nearly a year (due credit to An Garda Siochana for that) Im well aware of how slow the system is in AGS for stuff like that so has anyone been Vetted in record time or is it better to be realistic and look at a period such as a term of pregnancy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 deanomcf

MrFug wrote: »
    Catholics have gotten in before with merit placements in the 900's. Whereas I've heard it mentioned that non-RC need around 350 maximum to have any kind of chance. So yeah, you probably do have a better chance.

--thepirate--: Yeah looks like it unfortunatley mate, I dont think even RC have gotten in before with scores above 900.

this system is a joke, should be best person for the job, be it male female, or so called protestant or catholic, Northern Ireland is a joke for this decrimination stuff, 900's for r/c but 350 max for non r/c. thats fair?! least if soemone makes it in on their own merrit they deserve a place, not just there 2 make up the numbers? correct me if im wrong folks?

Advertisement