Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 3 - Vetting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Thanks!!! All the best for your results!!!! Ill not get out the shades just yet!!! LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGG way to go.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭DustyMan

Hi ya all, 1 more question.Promise not to go on to much,appreciate if u could advise?
    In debt myself and I'm worried now that IF IF IF I got to the vetting stage they could reject me.
    I have a mortgage and a personal loans, so I'm actually in a good bit of debt :( although my house is worth a bit more, not much though! I got one of those 100% mortgages(to get that I had to have a clean credit history) and I'm considering consolidating my personal loans, credit cards etc into 1 loan.
    I do have a clear credit history, no defaults on loans etc. No court judgments against me etc etc
    Do u think they could reject me on grounds of my debts ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

Just finished filling out my vetting!

Time for a well earned sleep and up for the post in the morning!

SIX extra pages had to be included!!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

A big congratulations to all who have just received their vetting forms. :D The PSNI certainly aren't hanging around.

While reciept of the vetting forms is without doubt an indication that you've scored very well, please remember that it does not guarantee a place on training. I fell into this trap last time. I completed and passed the medical and vetting, but still got a "Dear John" letter. :mad: I was gutted and I'd hate for anyone else to go through that.

I have a little tip for you all. Photocopy the form before sending it back! I didn't photocopy mine last time round and if I'm fortunate enough to get one this time, I'll have to start from scratch.

I just read through my last post and I'm really sorry if I sound like a wet blanket.

Well done everyone. You have done exceptionally well to get this far and I can only hope to be joining you.

• Advertisement

I just need 1 more charcter reference contact and that'll be my vetting form complete! Nearly all of mine is N/A, i guess im lucky:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭pb999

most of mine was n/a as well, i'm single, rents are still together (and alive :D) only 1 sister and i'm a good boy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

pb999 wrote: »
    most of mine was n/a as well, i'm single, rents are still together (and alive :D) only 1 sister and i'm a good boy!

lol im the same, only problem is ive lived in 6 different houses and im only 19:D was a nightmare trying to pull all the dates together,got a photocopy of it just incase for c14, hopefully i make it in with c13 before it all starts again for c14 if i pass the a/c:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Griffer2

6 EXTRA PAGES?? how come you have had to add in extra pages?? have you been a bad boy?

Im lucky when i came to filling it in.

Single
    Mum and dad
    1 house
    no siblings!!!!

It was basically all me me me me ME!!!!!:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭uncleneilly

join the club mate ,my wifes family had about 10 different address and i also have four brothers with diff address,pain in the backside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

Griffer2 wrote: »
    6 EXTRA PAGES?? how come you have had to add in extra pages?? have you been a bad boy?

HAHA:pac:
    My sister's have a millions addresses!!!!!!
    Took so long, but it's in the post now and it should be with the police in the morning :eek:

HAHA:pac:
    My sister's have a millions addresses!!!!!!
    Took so long, but it's in the post now and it should be with the police in the morning :eek:
    hope it goes quicker than mine mate im now over 7 months and the way things are going im beginning to think some c14 are going to be finished before mine from c13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

DustyMan wrote: »
    Hi ya all, 1 more question.Promise not to go on to much,appreciate if u could advise?
    In debt myself and I'm worried now that IF IF IF I got to the vetting stage they could reject me.
    I have a mortgage and a personal loans, so I'm actually in a good bit of debt :( although my house is worth a bit more, not much though! I got one of those 100% mortgages(to get that I had to have a clean credit history) and I'm considering consolidating my personal loans, credit cards etc into 1 loan.
    I do have a clear credit history, no defaults on loans etc. No court judgments against me etc etc
    Do u think they could reject me on grounds of my debts ???

Hi DustyMan, I can't provide you with a definative answer. But, I do work in recruitment for HM Forces and we process candidates for their Security Clearance. If you have managed debt and, as you say, a clear credit history; then your vetting should be fine. Even if you consolidate some debts it will still be fine. The vetting agency will look at your credit history for defaults, CCJ's etc. not whether you can manage your finances on police pay.
    If it eases your worry, I too have a mortgage (be it only 50%) plus other finances and passed my vetting. Again, as I have mentioned before vetting is a very personal issue. Just because one person has passed does not guarantee another just because they think they are in the same situation.
    If you have any concerns about your credit history, contact Equifax (credit report agency) or the Citizens Advice Bureau. But from what you have stated above, I believe you will be ok.
    Hope this helps.

I would imagine a large proportion of applicants would have mortgages and/or loans. Very few people can get by without them now. I can't see these being a problem for anyone unless they have payment defaults, ccj's etc as mentioned by JVB in the previous post.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭BoutYe

Unclenielly, did they give you a reason its still ongoing or did they just say its still ongoing? Just found out today mine is still ongoing and never even thought to ask why. Had the forms in at the end of last year / start of this year, cant really remember now. Passed medical and just waiting on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

carlty888 wrote: »
    I would imagine a large proportion of applicants would have mortgages and/or loans. Very few people can get by without them now. I can't see these being a problem for anyone unless they have payment defaults, ccj's etc as mentioned by JVB in the previous post.

Regarding debts etc

When I went into the R.A.F many a moon ago, You were allowed to have a mortgage etc but were no allowed to owe more than £2500. Not sure what way the debt could be accrued but that was the rule of thumb for there.
    I am sure the Psni have a similar policy but not sure what the limit actually is. You have to understand that a police officer could and most likely will be offered bribes etc. If an officer is severely in debt then these bribes do become attractive.

I bet you know my father in law who also works for recruitment for HM forces.
    Are you based at Palace AFCO ?

My father in law is just off the Malone rd.

BoutYe wrote: »
    Unclenielly, did they give you a reason its still ongoing or did they just say its still ongoing? Just found out today mine is still ongoing and never even thought to ask why. Had the forms in at the end of last year / start of this year, cant really remember now. Passed medical and just waiting on this.
    no mate i have asked a couple of times but they wont tell me anything other than depending on amount of info required depends on how long it takes blah blah blah, only thing i cant understand is some of the other guys(from south) were able to be informed that garda hadn't returned their vetting so why cant they let me know what's holding mine up:mad:

ALANBELFAST
    see what you are saying about debt mate however i fail to see how if someone is keeping up all their repayments now(without resorting to illegal means)why joining the police would suddenly turn them to crime,
    i would be more worried about younger recruits not yet on property ladder trying to afford a mortgage rather than people who have shown they can repay their debt, ps. a mate of mine is in the police and still has to live with his mother because he cant afford a deposit :(

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭BoutYe

no mate i have asked a couple of times but they wont tell me anything other than depending on amount of info required depends on how long it takes blah blah blah, only thing i cant understand is some of the other guys(from south) were able to be informed that garda hadn't returned their vetting so why cant they let me know what's holding mine up:mad:

Man that sucks. Its frustrating knowing something is holding it up but you have absolutely no control over it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 chatterbox08

Hi Folks.

Pleased to say I have moved over to this room now! Just completed my vetting forms and posted them off. The vast majority of the form was N/A so it was handy enough to fill in. Im only 20, single, 2 previous addresses and all my siblings are under 18...here's hoping it gets done quickly!

nice one chatterbox

P.s

Hope everyone sends off their vetting recorded signed for guaranteed etc delivery. You are disclosing a lot of sensitive info about you and your family. You wanna make sure it gets to the correct destination

Hey,

Mine is all signed sealed and delivered too.:)

Good stuff PYG

Haven't seen you about in a bit. The rooms have been really quiet lately !

Yeah its strange being all split up, not so much chit chat and its harder to keep track of 'stories'. Im sorta between the Ac section and the vetting section. I keep posting vetting comments on the Ac section by mistake!!!! Silly me. I did delete them tho, just in case i would get told off;).

So anyway hows things with you!!!! :)

all good pyg

Getting all stuff together etc etc. You wouldn't believe the amount of paper work ya have to gather .....birth certs marriage certs shoe size certs lol

Be worth it in the end though. Only 26 days to SRN yippeee !

all good pyg

Getting all stuff together etc etc. You wouldn't believe the amount of paper work ya have to gather .....birth certs marriage certs shoe size certs lol

Be worth it in the end though. Only 26 days to SRN yippeee !

That must mean its 26days untill my birthday:)

Id be sooooooo excited, but also sh!**!ng myself. Bet everytime you see a cop car you're like - Ha in Xmonths time that'll be me!!!!!!!!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Zzoop

Hi Everyone.. Been a lurker for a while and just registered.

1 Question.

Has anyone who sat their AC on Monday 16th got vetting forms yet?

I've read of others like PYG who recieved theirs after less than 2 weeks. (Congrats by the way) But should I eagerly await the post for the next couple of days in anticipation of a big chunky vetting forms letter or what?

Ok, so that was 2 questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

Zzoop wrote: »
    Hi Everyone.. Been a lurker for a while and just registered.

1 Question.

Has anyone who sat their AC on Monday 16th got vetting forms yet?

I've read of others like PYG who recieved theirs after less than 2 weeks. (Congrats by the way) But should I eagerly await the post for the next couple of days in anticipation of a big chunky vetting forms letter or what?

Ok, so that was 2 questions.

hey Zzoop, i completed the a/c on that date as did a few others who are on the board!! to date i havent received the forms yet and as far as i know the others havent to!!

they werent sent out as quick last year, which i think is strange, unless the police is trying to speed the process up!!

personally i wouldnt wait in anticipation ass they can take a long time to arrive even if you have passed the a/c! if they do arrive this week or next its a bonus:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Zzoop

Ah! Well, Hopefully we'll recieve word then soon! Thanks for the speedy reply!

Advertisement