Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 3 - Vetting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 RTGeorge8910

What if you can't get your ex partners parents details??? Eughhh. Not very straight forward because I had a relationship with someone for a year and half that I can't stand now and we don't speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭yet another lurker

In relation to people's details

The fact is if you cannot get them, you cannot write them down.

Use the continuation pages and provide an explanation for it.
    Perhaps write down anything you do know iron the continuation pages.
    There will be people with family issues and as such they will not have all of the information.
    Just do your best and in the event they have any queries just be forthcoming with what you know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

In relation to people's details

The fact is if you cannot get them, you cannot write them down.

Use the continuation pages and provide an explanation for it.
    Perhaps write down anything you do know iron the continuation pages.
    There will be people with family issues and as such they will not have all of the information.
    Just do your best and in the event they have any queries just be forthcoming with what you know

EXACTLY WHAT THIS BOARDIE SAID!!!!!!! Put it in the box or use the extra sheets. You can also use NK for Not Known.

Hey all, jeeze these forms are in depth lol. Was just wondering, my boyfriend had a colourful past when he was younger, way before I met him, would that jeopardise my progression?? :/

Possibly depending on the type of colourful. If it was linked to either side of the "divide" I'd say there's more of a possibility than if it was drunken stupidity.

If you've been dating him less than a year you won't have to dec!are it. However if it is longer then you will. If you don't disclose the info they won't be happy and you'll get nowhere. Like I said integrity and openesss are key here.

[QUOTE=wannabe2010;99563914

What if one suspects that said ex's parent was involved in a very serious organisation.. will that impact me?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately it's a possibility but you don't know for sure so I'd stay positive, fill out the forms as best you can and fingers crossed x

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Autumn sunset

Mop a top wrote: »
    Possibly depending on the type of colourful. If it was linked to either side of the "divide" I'd say there's more of a possibility than if it was drunken stupidity.

If you've been dating him less than a year you won't have to dec!are it. However if it is longer then you will. If you don't disclose the info they won't be happy and you'll get nowhere. Like I said integrity and openesss are key here.

Thankfully he was just a bit of a bin lid during his late teens, so hopefully I'll be alright :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 resp5

Anyone got any tattoos they need to send in photos of? I have 1 rather large one I'm worried about now, obviously nothing offensive about it, and it would be covered with a long sleeve shirt

resp5 wrote: »
    Anyone got any tattoos they need to send in photos of? I have 1 rather large one I'm worried about now, obviously nothing offensive about it, and it would be covered with a long sleeve shirt

I sent in photos of two. One was rather large but is on my shoulder.
    What is the worry if not offensive? Pm me if you'd rather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 resp5

Just because I know they can be funny about them sometimes, but I suppose they have to justify failing you on that!

• Advertisement

Just because I know they can be funny about them sometimes, but I suppose they have to justify failing you on that!

Funny about them? They won't be. As long as it's not offensive or shows any poor group association it should be fine.
    They know people have tattoos and generally speaking if it's not in your hands, neck face etc there should be no issues.

If the tattoo isn't offensive or related to any kind of religious aspect it should be fine. Youll just have to wear long sleeved shirts the whole year

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chez123

Add your reply here.

I have this problem to!! Guess we will be warm in the summer in our long sleeve shirts if we get in! Although I am seriously debating getting mine removed I'm just worried of the scar it will leave if I do as its medium sized.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

Chez123 wrote: »
    Add your reply here.

I have this problem to!! Guess we will be warm in the summer in our long sleeve shirts if we get in! Although I am seriously debating getting mine removed I'm just worried of the scar it will leave if I do as its medium sized.
    Count me in the long sleeve group haha

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mkelly123

Hi folks, i am onto my second part of the vetting application. on page one its asking input details for sponsors information? also then thats "Sponsors must also complete pages 27 to 29. I take it this isnt a requirment for me to fill out?

Thanks for any feedback folks..

Right my lovelies! Had a few asking questions about these forms.

In my opinion I'd declare EVERYTHING!!!!!!!! Any traffic offences, warnings, cautions etc. PSNI are very big on transparency, integrity and accountability. Declare it all in my opinion. They WILL know and they're wanting to see what you fire down on the sheet.

Part 1 fill out everything. Part 2, anything that's supposed to be filled out by sponsors, ie section 2 on page 1, page 27, 28 and 29 leave blank, it's for the AC&V folk

Fill in EVERYTHING. Use NA in all sections so they know you haven't accidentally left it blank. Last thing you want is vetting hold up cos someone wasn't sure if it's supposed to be filled out or not.

Your photograph will be the one used on your ID card. If you've got a beard it needs to be trim and neat and you have to keep it, if you don't have one on your card, you can't grow one before GV. So much easier being a girl lol

Hope that helps.
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TheCub

Do we need to complete the financial bit near the end of the government questionnaire? It said its only required for SC not CTC but I'm not sure which one we are?

TheCub wrote: »
    Do we need to complete the financial bit near the end of the government questionnaire? It said its only required for SC not CTC but I'm not sure which one we are?

Page 22 section 20 in part 2 yeah you do. Use the continuation pages to explain any debts or missed payments.

Page 22 section 20 in part 2 yeah you do. Use the continuation pages to explain any debts or missed payments.

Thanks

Im guessing a speeding ticket would go under criminal convictions?

Help lol

• Advertisement

swl33t wrote: »
    Im guessing a speeding ticket would go under criminal convictions?

Yes it would. Declare absolutely everything. Even if you think it looks bad, they just want to see how honest your are.

Battling through these rightly, but struggling to think of two people to give as chacacter references that fill the requirements :( would a work colleague's partner be ok for one???

Battling through these rightly, but struggling to think of two people to give as chacacter references that fill the requirements :( would a work colleague's partner be ok for one???

I used two work colleagues as they had known me for five years. As long as you don't use your actual employer, colleagues are an acceptable reference.

With regards to a colleagues partner, that should be fine as long as they are a professional person.

I used two work colleagues as they had known me for five years. As long as you don't use your actual employer, colleagues are an acceptable reference.

With regards to a colleagues partner, that should be fine as long as they are a professional person.

Thank you! You start doubting yourself with everything you write don't you?! :(

Anyone who you trust and consider a responsible person. Two friends perhaps??

Thank you! You start doubting yourself with everything you write don't you?! :(
    Every single word

• Registered Users Posts: 10 COYS777

Hi, another tattoo question. I have a tattoo ring on my wedding finger that is covered when I wear the actual ring. Reason being I couldn't wear a ring in my current line of work. I know the state no tattoos on face, neck or hands. Could this be a problem??
    Thanks

COYS777 wrote: »
    Hi, another tattoo question. I have a tattoo ring on my wedding finger that is covered when I wear the actual ring. Reason being I couldn't wear a ring in my current line of work. I know the state no tattoos on face, neck or hands. Could this be a problem??
    Thanks

Yes. This tattoo will be open to scrutiny.

The other option is go and get it removed with laser surgery and advise them of this on vetting forms.

Not saying it will be a definite obstacle to you, but they really don't like hand tattoos.

Just to clarify, we don't have to send or input any details of our ID anywhere? Mine is sealed but I'm doubting myself now lol

Just to clarify, we don't have to send or input any details of our ID anywhere? Mine is sealed but I'm doubting myself now lol
    Nope not that i seen

• Advertisement

Done, special delivery tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Jmac21

I'm guessing question 2 about security clearance isn't answered by us? Like type of clearance required? SC or CTC?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Wild06

Sent! That was intense. What ls the standard time frame for vetting to be cleared?

Wild06 wrote: »
    Sent! That was intense. What ls the standard time frame for vetting to be cleared?

There is no timescale. Everyone is different and requires a different level of vetting.
    They won't be able to give time scales unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Jmac21

I'm seeing squares lol think I've filled in my partners details when I didn't have to.. Will that matter?

Stupid question alert!!! In the counter terrorist check do you tick or put an x in the boxes for 'yes' 'no' 'sex' etc

• Registered Users Posts: 19 BigEye2016

Stupid question alert!!! In the counter terrorist check do you tick or put an x in the boxes for 'yes' 'no' 'sex' etc

I went for an x so it would fit completely inside the box!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 COYS777

Ya don't touch that bit. For psni only

• Registered Users Posts: 45 coolhand50

pardon my ignorance....could be a VERY silly question, or previously answered. The FIRST bloody question...im in both recruitment campaigns. how do I know which one they have sent the vetting forms and PCA date for? how do i know which UID to use? I feel like a right dummy here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Bunsen1burner

coolhand50 wrote: »
    pardon my ignorance....could be a VERY silly question, or previously answered. The FIRST bloody question...im in both recruitment campaigns. how do I know which one they have sent the vetting forms and PCA date for? how do i know which UID to use? I feel like a right dummy here.

The most recent one is the 1509 UID!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭pastiesupper

If you have received a PCA date then it will be for the 1405 campaign.

ok guys thanks alot for both inputs. which both colide and conflict lol.

considering my 1405 was scraping the bottom, for lack of a better term, and my 1509 score was bang on the same score give or take im going to assume the PCA date, vetting forms, and online learning is for the 1405 campaign? sorry to be a pain.

also id like to know if theres anyone in the same boat as me? hear nothing really for months then boom all at the same time. any light shed or even opinions on whats happening would be greatly appreciated as i feel a bit shellshocked by it all lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Space_Invader

Sent my forms away today and I've just recalled that I saw a section to enter driving licence number, passport number. Was that in the section for PSNI to fill in or for us?

ok guys thanks alot for both inputs. which both colide and conflict lol.

considering my 1405 was scraping the bottom, for lack of a better term, and my 1509 score was bang on the same score give or take im going to assume the PCA date, vetting forms, and online learning is for the 1405 campaign? sorry to be a pain.

also id like to know if theres anyone in the same boat as me? hear nothing really for months then boom all at the same time. any light shed or even opinions on whats happening would be greatly appreciated as i feel a bit shellshocked by it all lol!
    If you recently received vetting, PCA and online learning it is for 1405 campaign. The higher scorers in the 1509 campaign have just received vetting forms.

There are a few in the same boat! All quiet in 1405 for a long time and then everything happening at once :-) There is a 1405 thread if you want to have a look.

Sent my forms away today and I've just recalled that I saw a section to enter driving licence number, passport number. Was that in the section for PSNI to fill in or for us?
    That was in the Sponsor (PSNI) section :)

• Advertisement

COYS777 wrote: »
    Thanks

You're allowed to wear a wedding band on duty. Maybe send off pics with and without the ring on for them to decide and explain why you have it there.

The cover letter that comes with the vetting papers has your UID number on it. I'd put both campaign numbers on the page.

The cover letter that comes with the vetting papers has your UID number on it. I'd put both campaign numbers on the page.
    It's changed since your day Mop ;):)

The vetting forms are plastic wrapped (and in an envelope) with a generic cover/instructions letter. The only details of the applicant are on the address label of the envelope.

Another pestering session from me....in the questionnaire it talks about a relationship you were in for longer than 12 months then give the details. In the security one it only asks about a partner you lived with. Basically my plight is i was in a long term relationship but didnt live with the person. I have obviously filled out part 1 and included the details. Any thoughts on including it for part 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭JD2020

Another pestering session from me....in the questionnaire it talks about a relationship you were in for longer than 12 months then give the details. In the security one it only asks about a partner you lived with. Basically my plight is i was in a long term relationship but didnt live with the person. I have obviously filled out part 1 and included the details. Any thoughts on including it for part 2?

Similar situation for myself. I put partner details on part 1 but because we didn't live together I didn't include in part 2

• Advertisement
Advertisement