Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 3 - Vetting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 roboturnip

Probably a silly question, but put my mind at ease.

Just finished filling out the forms. Checked, double checked and checked again i had everything filled out. In an instance that something isnt clear to them, or they need more info, will they just get in touch with me?

I think everything is grand, just worrying now incase i have made a mistake somewhere and the potential it may have to jeopardize my chances!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 UsidoreTheBlue

roboturnip wrote:
    Just finished filling out the forms. Checked, double checked and checked again i had everything filled out. In an instance that something isnt clear to them, or they need more info, will they just get in touch with me?

They will get in touch. If something needs redone, for instance a signature, they will send the form back.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

Could someone pm me the vetting number?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Whataboutye

Did you get sorted with a number? I could pm you an email address if you need it?

Did you get sorted with a number? I could pm you an email address if you need it?

Sorted thanks, forms received, royal mail are useless!

Dead on happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 coolhand50

When vetting do they contact your current employer? Did i see a question saying if you dont want your employer contacted please mark here? I think if they did and my application was unsuccessful then my current boss may make my position difficult. Any help on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭JD2020

coolhand50 wrote: »
    When vetting do they contact your current employer? Did i see a question saying if you dont want your employer contacted please mark here? I think if they did and my application was unsuccessful then my current boss may make my position difficult. Any help on this?

I can't remember seeing this question :/

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Redboy12345

Me either?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Delightscience

I definitely don't remember answering this question?

Lol then I may well have dreamt this! with everything coming all at once its been quite a stessful process. Which question are u referring to, the marking your current employment or the marking if you would not like them contacted?

eitherway with this subject......do they contact your employer? again, sorry if this question seems obsurd.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭JD2020

coolhand50 wrote: »
    Lol then I may well have dreamt this! with everything coming all at once its been quite a stessful process. Which question are u referring to, the marking your current employment or the marking if you would not like them contacted?

eitherway with this subject......do they contact your employer? again, sorry if this question seems obsurd.

Tell me about it! Will have grey hairs by the end of this I'm sure. I marked my current employment but didn't see a question about them being contacted.

To be honest I'm not sure if they contact them or not. I would prefer they didn't (unless I was 100% in). Like you said it would make things awkward, especially as they have recently given me a promotion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Delightscience

There was a question about current employment but I don't think they mentioned contacting your current employer. Unless your currently in a government role and maybe then they do some cross referencing?? Im not sure but I'm sure if they do employment checks it would be discrete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

They don't contact your employer. Well they didn't with me

Vettings been away 1 month today, i wonder if they have looked at it yet lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 resp5

I received an email 2 weeks ago asking me to clarify something, so they have at least looked at the forms!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭scullersky

Hey guys

I am thinking of applying for the next recruitment campaign...

If I was to be successful and get the the vetting stage, what details do they ask on it?

What is one of the main things I want to know is what do they need to know is it just immediate family they need to know about or do you need all details of every aunt and uncle?

Because ive aunts and uncles in america and the UK and other places too!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mkelly123

tommy-Kerry the vetting forms are in a lot of detail, mainly just ask for immediate family, You would be a far way from that stage tho, as I only filled the vetting form out last month and I applied last July. 2 Major stages need to be passed to get to Vetting, This forum has been helpful in so many ways for me, from info to just having friendly conversations. Best of luck when you do decide to apply. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 UsidoreTheBlue

What is one of the main things I want to know is what do they need to know is it just immediate family they need to know about or do you need all details of every aunt and uncle?

The vetting only asks for details about your mum, dad, brothers and sisters. Other things that are asked about include your previous addresses, work history, convictions (including all driving offences) and some questions about your finances. You won't need to hunt down anything about long lost aunts and uncles!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Bunsen1burner

The vetting only asks for details about your mum, dad, brothers and sisters. Other things that are asked about include your previous addresses, work history, convictions (including all driving offences) and some questions about your finances. You won't need to hunt down anything about long lost aunts and uncles!

Just out of curiosity, what sort of financial stuff do they ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 resp5

Have you ever been in unmanageable debt, have you been declared bankrupt, etc. Nothing too specific.

resp5 wrote: »
    Have you ever been in unmanageable debt, have you been declared bankrupt, etc. Nothing too specific.

Ta very much!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

resp5 wrote: »

And if you have be as honest and give as much detail about it as possible, reasons, income, out goings etc. That way you mightn't get given the financial firms which just prolong the process. There's pages at the back for additional info. In this case less is definitely not more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Absolutely dreaded the financial bit. Made me cringe the whole way through it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭WannabePC123

Hey could you pm me the vetting email address please? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Psni26

Could somebody please pm the vetting email addresses please Iv heard there's 2

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Nerves2016

assuming vetting isnt complete until substance misuse test is complete...ive no previous or declarations so confident vetting will be passed....fingers crossed!!! 1409 campaign is moving so quick

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Sidelined1234

Do they let you know if vetting is completed? Or is it a no news is good news thing?
    They asked me for photographs of my tattoos and I sent them in weeks ago. Got confirmation they were received but nothing after that.
    They're all hidden and nothing offensive so should be fine but would I hear otherwise?

I emailed vetting to check my progress and they told me they cannot give info about individual candidates. Did I email the wrong people? How could I go about finding out about my vetting? I have only done my medical over a week ago. And have found out I have passed that but how do I find out about the SMT scores? I know this post covets a range of topics so if anyone could give me any info on parts of it or all of it I would be eternally greatful........and be your friend for life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ZeGerman

I did my medical a couple of weeks ago for 1405. Got the pass letter a few days later and the all important call on Friday. I wouldn't go worrying about vetting unless you already know of something that could stop you in this. If you've lived outside the UK this may hold it up significantly. I was worried about mine because my credit rating isn't great but I was good in the end.

So there is no way of knowing how your vetting has progressed or passed? And in what way do you find out your SMT results? Or do I not and you just get the call?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ZeGerman

No news is good news I'm afraid. The SMT is a formality, if you don't take drugs your in the clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭SamC321

Vetting forms came yesterday, anyone like to help with a few things? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Momc82

How long did the form take for most to fill in?

Momc82 wrote: »
    How long did the form take for most to fill in?

Hiya, I have forms nearly all complete, took around 2 hours over the weekend as I had to dig for info for certain parts!!! Only foto to get then that's them getting posted tomorrow!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sourapples

Pretty much ready to send my vetting off, just a quick question, I wear glasses and I was wondering do I need to take them off for the passport style photo? I'm guessing you do but was just double checking, thanks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Sydnor87

Guys, who would I contact to get my old UID numbers for previous applications?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Sydnor87 wrote: »

Do you still have your old emails? If not maybe call Deloitte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭D4z

Homer01 wrote: »
    Sydnor87 wrote: »

Do you still have your old emails? If not maybe call Deloitte.

They won't take your calls, you have to email them. I personally wrote unknown on my vetting forms.

• Advertisement

I must be the only one that keeps emails lol

Homer01 wrote: »
    I must be the only one that keeps emails lol
    I probably have something from the last campaign lying about but I also applied a couple of times back in 2008-2009.

Some email hosts don't make it easy to delete so I've always found it easier just to leave them; especially on phones.
    Normally just delete the one's from my royal friends in Nigeria :D

What address can I contact Deloitte on?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 RTGeorge8910

Anyone who has passed there medical heard anything regarding vetting? Any of your sponsors been contacted yet or anyone know the timescale when they pass you on vetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

Wondering if anyone could help me put my mind at ease here either by replying to this thread or through PM, either way i'd really appreciate it.

Basically a few years back I was made redundant and with one thing leading to another i defaulted a few credit accounts. They roughly added up to 1000. Embarrassing I know but life happens eh? Recently I have settled the debts that I owed, and whilst they haven't been updated on my credit file yet, I technically owe nothing anymore.

Can anyone who has passed or failed vetting either way on financial grounds help put my mind at rest. I have no CCJs, IVAs or been bankrupt and I believe 1000 of debt in this day and age to be quite minimal, but obviously this will still be frowned upon by those vetting me, so yeah like I said if anyone has any stories/help/reassurance either here or via PM, please help me out.

Would be devastated to fail vetting for things that were out of my control years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭blueboat

Does anyone have an address or contact number for supplemental information that has changed since vetting forms were posted a couple of weeks back?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 El Ahrairah

Has anyone had any joy in finding out whether they've passed the vetting stage? Would be nice to know that this box has been ticked. Had the medical results through a week ago but feeling a bit like I'm in limbo now!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Barkly

Ring recruitment, they'll tell you! I did very recently and was told it has cleared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 El Ahrairah

Excellent, thanks!

Advertisement