Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭1986j

Congrats.

What is your merit and community background?

Also has anyone done a medical recently say in the past 3 weeks? Are they still ongoing as there were rumours they were finishing soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 murray1987

Hey everyone im new to here but in the same place as many of u....ive passed everything including my medical in august 2010 and thats the last i heard apart form one other letter which didnt say much.
    I phone recruitment today to see what was going on and thy said about a priority list, an im a specific number relating to this list. Im wondering could any one explain this liat to me and were do i get my priority number :-)

Hi Murray what did you score in the AC?

Are you RC or NRC if you don't mind me asking?

What did the other letter say and what do you mean by a priority list? Did they elaborate?

Im not 100% sure of my ac score,would that be on one of the letters sent out to me along will telling me am i RC or NRC?

The letter said somthing about making sure my details are correct an that thy will get back to me before march, i think ile have to dig it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭thebakerboy

murray1987, you got a break down of how you did in the assessment centre. Just add up all the scores for each section to get your mark. Higher the better!!

As for the RC on NRC, this is your religion.

RC = Roman Catholic
    NRC = Everybody who isn't RC.

Sounds like you got the wait till March letter and not the progressing to the next stage one.

When you say you passed everything are you including vetting in this?

• Advertisement

Awh im RC then, on the phone she said a number 130- 150would that be it or something completly different?

Is the wait till march letter good news or bad then.lol.

Edit them numbers to something very less accurate, like 120-150. Sounds like merit pool number, and exact numbers don't get posted for different reasons.

murray1987, I've sent you a PM.

On another matter, anybody else up for PCA today?
    Bit harder than I thought it would be, but think I did OK.

When I arrived they were even playing music for me outside and I'm guessing it was the "reds" marching in honour of my arrival!!! ;-)

cheers,

It seems to come down to the vetting process rather that your score. Just have to wait and see....

Yeah at this stage it seems to be going that way. Community background has something to do with it as well, due to 50:50. But if that is your merit score and your RC, your not in bad shape. Did you get told anything about your vetting? I'm presuming you have the forms sent off.

• Advertisement

An RC around 350 was taken in Jan.

Ive had my vetting questionaire sent off since july or august but havnt heard anything back,do thry let you know if you passed or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭johnnyf1

They don't let you know if you have passed only if you have failed. I emailed them this morning and they were able to tell me my status. They aren't too keen on people contacting them but I will PM you the email address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 nat_

johnnyf1 wrote: »
    They don't let you know if you have passed only if you have failed. I emailed them this morning and they were able to tell me my status. They aren't too keen on people contacting them but I will PM you the email address.

hi, do you mind sending me a PM with that address as well? i think i passed everything, got a letter from OHW 'fit enough to work etc.' with a note that now the psni will contact me directly. does that mean im just supposed to wait for the call (what seems to be taking months!)? also, how do you get all the merit scores? is it just the sum of the 2 tests or what?
    :confused:

Hi Nat

When did you find out you passed your vetting

Your merit number is basically your place in the queue for the job but what seems to be more important is that you have cleared the vetting and medical to be available for the next intake.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 wannabeapeeler

This is my first posting on the forum,but like many others,I've been an avid onlooker for a while now!!

I'm RC,from Northern Ireland with a merit score mid 600s,and have passed medical,and have had no mention of vetting,other than the forms were completed and sent away in early July of 2010.

I haven't bothered chasing up my vetting status,as it seems fairly pointless to do so,since the process will run its course without any intervention from myself!! Patience is the name of the game on that score.

I received a letter in October,stating that my application was 'now progressing through the final stages of the selection process'. No correspondence of any sort since then. Others here seem to have received letters mentioning March 2011 as a point when things re:budgets and recruitment will become clearer.

My question for the more knowledgeable than I is quite simply,what is the significance of those letters? And,how does one know that they have cleared vetting?

hi johnnyf, thanks a lot for the info.. looks like im about to make some phone calls now :) i just hate to be suspended in this state of knowing nothing and waiting, so im gonna try to help my luck :D
    i know im in the same position as lots of other people but its killing me not to know and apparently theres no harm in asking. whats the worst that can happen-ill be told that i have to wait longer!? at least ill know lol..
    good luck to you all :)

Ive seen people taking abut different numbers they have been given and im just wondering whats the difference?

Ive seen people talk about a merit score and a pool number.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fefe5

ok wannabeapeeler, I personally can not tell you about the letters as I simply do not know. There are far too many unknowns in this process. Someone else like PSNI or Delancey may be able to help though.
    As for vetting, you will be informed if you fail. You will not be informed if you pass (you just find out when you get the call to start in hotel G'ville), but it is possible for you to email vetting and ask them, though they do not like people contacting them as they say it slows them up. The email address will be on the stuff you received with your vetting forms - I don't have it on me at the moment or I would PM you. If you dont have it, post here and I am sure someone will let you know.

murray1987, the merit number and the pool number are the same. It's known as the merit pool so its just the number that people have been given that ranks them based on their scores. You can phone recruitment to find this out if you dont know yours.

Does anyone know from previous campaigns how many people were turned down even though they passed the vetting?

• Advertisement

Sent vetting an email yesterday an got the message,

Vetting ongoing.

Vetting.

I think thats as polite as they get so hopfuly they get it sorted soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

letter in October,stating that my application was 'now progressing through the final stages of the selection process'. No correspondence of any sort since then. Others here seem to have received letters mentioning March 2011 as a point when things re:budgets and recruitment will become clearer.

My question for the more knowledgeable than I is quite simply,what is the significance of those letters? And,how does one know that they have cleared vetting?

Welcome to the forum wannabe , always nice to see another ' lurker ' come in from the cold :)

Regarding the letters - 3 types were sent and they were as follows -

a) Dear Johns / PFO's , call them what you will but they meant the same thing i.e. application not proceeding any further

b) March 2011 letters - basically these letters mean that although the candidate had done well enough not to be rejected they had not done well enough to automatically progress . The applications of these individuals will likely be reviewed in March in the context of recruitment planning , budgets , etc.
    I should add folks got these letters last year but have since been called so those who got them should not give up hope.

c) Progressing letters - there are the ones everyone wants and basically mean that the candidate has scored well enough to go forward for vetting , medicals , etc ( kinda does what it says on the tin ).

Hope this helps

Hi all.

Has anybody at the recent PCA received a letter yet. I haven'tor am I again being to hopeful that things will happen quickly.

Have you all checked out The List. Really helpful to keep track of everyone's status and the more that participate the better.

johnnyf1 wrote: »

Have you all checked out The List. Really helpful to keep track of everyone's status and the more that participate the better.

johnnyf1, is it that whole merit pool that youre calling the list or am i missing something big time?

Hi Nat

It's just the people that have given their details to fefe. It's only for our reference. I wish it was the whole merit pool lol. Read the original post, it might help clear things up for you. You can PM me your details if you want included. The more the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 mouser1

johnny, neither me nor baker boy any word yet, I would think it will be this week, I think that is reasonable, I mean they just sendying your time to OHW and a pass/fail letter out, I dont think its any more complex than that :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Did you recover okay from the PCA. hope they do go out this week cause I'm away on holiday next week and would love to know before hand.

Your very presumptuous mouser1, lol

Only joking, still nowt back for me either. Like we were saying mouser1, probably will take till the end of the week. Thinking OHW only would have got the results at the end of last week, then probably need to get the doctor to sign off on it. So letters getting sent possibly Tuesday or Wednesday, or hopefully.

I was ready to have another go at it johnnyf1 after lunch, think the KFC had plenty of energy in it!!!

Good lad. I parked the car and put my day off to good use down the pub lol. You've been very quiet on the boards. Just waiting it out?

Have you checked out the new list?

• Advertisement

Yeah haven't been on much since last week, haven't had much to say. Waiting on the latest in a line of letters.

I seen the list section, need to find a few things before putting them up.

Advertisement