Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jb12345

Got a letter for the medical this morning, in a couple of weeks time

Oh get me home! I want to know lol picking up my medical questionnaire from GPs today, they finally have it filled in. Can't believe have to pay a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭whatinthe

Nothing yet for myself! Had to send off something to Vetting earlier in week.. All this talk of merit list being established once all AC's are finished is in the back of my mind too.. Anyone else not working at the moment? Makes the waiting game a lot like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yGJGTjV2WE

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭student15

I want my medical letter:(
    I passed and have vetting away and passed pca
    But no medical yet

Yup my medical letter arrived today. Few weeks away just and picked up my completed medical questionnaire from my Gp today so good to go.

Anyone nervous even though it's the medical lol To me I'm prity healthy and only have hay fever but still there always that worry something will hold me up. Ha

Jb12345 wrote: »
    Yup my medical letter arrived today. Few weeks away just and picked up my completed medical questionnaire from my Gp today so good to go.

Anyone nervous even though it's the medical lol To me I'm prity healthy and only have hay fever but still there always that worry something will hold me up. Ha

Hopefully mine arrives tomorrow!
    Thats what im nervous about haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭hopeful34

Still no letter for me. Hopefully tomorrow. I'm nervous about the medical not sure why. I've had a few sports injuries in the past and I hope they dont hold me back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Job4life

Got my medical letter too. It's getting closer guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

Job4life wrote: »
    Got my medical letter too. It's getting closer guys!

Lucky you, I'm still in limbo, not got a medical date, hoping they are sent alphabetically and I get one tomorrow.

Anyone else plan on having a peak to see if the e-learning is available at 12?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Bob Law

Guessing you lot are first batch, us ones getting passes there are 2nd batch. Wonder how many to date have passes?

The GP forms...was that a oart of vetting or are you asked to get it for the medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭whatinthe

If you pass the PCA, it's part of the Medical Questionnaire that you will then bring with you to Medical.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭gmck26

Still no medical forms for me today. However completed mine on 2nd day of PCAs so hopefully will come in next few days. However medical form retrieved from Doctors so all set for medical when invite arrives

gmck26 wrote: »
    Still no medical forms for me today. However completed mine on 2nd day of PCAs so hopefully will come in next few days. However medical form retrieved from Doctors so all set for medical when invite arrives

Im with you there in the same boat bud!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Bob Law

To be fair, not much of a sacrifice.

You must be bald, this mane and beard have cultivated on me for years. Shaving for the AC was the hardest thing I've done in years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭El_Triboy

Got medical letter today! Another roadtrip :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭picture987

Still no medical letter for me :( However, going by those who have received them it would seem you all sat your PCA on the first day in the morning or noonish session. Did anyone have their PCA in the third session and receive a medical letter yet?

picture987 wrote: »
    Still no medical letter for me :( However, going by those who have received them it would seem you all sat your PCA on the first day in the morning or noonish session. Did anyone have their PCA in the third session and receive a medical letter yet?

I did my pca on the morning of the second day and now waiting for the medical letter.

student15 wrote: »
    I did my pca on the morning of the second day and now waiting for the medical letter.

Still none

Think I got mine because I completed the whole PCA in under a minute..... ;) pahaha

I'm sure it will arrive soon.

Still none

Don't stress yourself mate. I am in the same boat as we sat our PCA at the same time they must be sending them out in order completed. (Remember the circles of influence)

It will probably come early next week as it takes a lot longer to schedule medicals than it does PCA because each one take approx 1 hour

• Registered Users Posts: 26 policehopeful

Don't stress yourself mate. I am in the same boat as we sat our PCA at the same time they must be sending them out in order completed. (Remember the circles of influence)

It will probably come early next week as it takes a lot longer to schedule medicals than it does PCA because each one take approx 1 hour

yea i still haven't received a medical invite, completed my PCA on the first day, not to worried though, this elearning will keep me occupued for a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

yea i still haven't received a medical invite, completed my PCA on the first day, not to worried though, this elearning will keep me occupued for a while

Here's a q for anyone whose serving/got to medical stage before... What kinda things do they fail you on? Would something like being on antidepressants be likely to cause problems?

.S. wrote: »
    Here's a q for anyone whose serving/got to medical stage before... What kinda things do they fail you on? Would something like being on antidepressants be likely to cause problems?

I would be lying if I said I knew for sure but I think that it would depend on the reason for it as you would be going into a very stressful job and have witness some awful scenes in the line of duty. I think OHW may question you on this matter quite thoroughly.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

I would be lying if I said I knew for sure but I think that it would depend on the reason for it as you would be going into a very stressful job and have witness some awful scenes in the line of duty. I think OHW may question you on this matter quite thoroughly.

I imagine so. I'm on the lowest dose possible at the mo, basically I'm coming off them but you have to stop taking them slowly so obv even if I'm on none come medical time (if I've passed my ac lol) there will be recent notes of them on my medical record. Could prove interesting at medical..

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

.S. wrote: »
    I imagine so. I'm on the lowest dose possible at the mo, basically I'm coming off them but you have to stop taking them slowly so obv even if I'm on none come medical time (if I've passed my ac lol) there will be recent notes of them on my medical record. Could prove interesting at medical..

The medical questionnaire which you receive after passing the Pca does ask questions which you have to answer and then your gp has to sign, I can't remember exactly what the questions are but some would definitely be relevant to your question.

Any dates recievdd yet??

Any dates recievdd yet??

Mine is in a few weeks. All going so fast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭El_Triboy

Any dates recievdd yet??

A few weeks from now (Don't want to be too specific)! Got a chance yesterday to properly look at the online learning, I find it very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 stephen142

Hey all, i did my PCA on the Tuesday (first day) afternoon session, still have not received a letter for my medical date (and yes i passed :P )
    Anyone else in the same boat because i read others on the same day received their letters Thursday of last week :s
    Wonder if they're doing it alphabetically or if the postman has delivered my mail to the neighbors :P

stephen142 wrote: »
    Hey all, i did my PCA on the Tuesday (first day) afternoon session, still have not received a letter for my medical date (and yes i passed :P )
    Anyone else in the same boat because i read others on the same day received their letters Thursday of last week :s
    Wonder if they're doing it alphabetically or if the postman has delivered my mail to the neighbors :P

I was first session on day two and not got mine yet. I was thinking of calling OHW if I don't hear anything by end of week.

• Advertisement

My medical invite has just arrived today. A couple of weeks to get ready for it.

Advertisement