Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

How many people have received medical dates so far? My postman thinks I'm stalking him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Sadie OOO!!!

smyff wrote: »
    yeeeeha nothing bits a bit of chat tho. and gee, nope havent heard anything yet, but on a different thread a young lady said that she phoned up and they said that they are preparing to send out a batch of vetting forms to high scorers!!! have you got anything yet?!?!?! has anyone!?

i only did my AC in aug and i heard back several days later!

You heard a few days later. Does that mean you got your vetting forms?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭pb999

as far as i know only myself and inspector71 have received medical dates so far. just got my MHQ back from the docs today and i hope to god i pass my medical, i need my 24grand a year to start repaying the fee they charged me to sign my MHQ, bloody daylight robbery! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

pb999 wrote: »
    as far as i know only myself and inspector71 have received medical dates so far. just got my MHQ back from the docs today and i hope to god i pass my medical, i need my 24grand a year to start repaying the fee they charged me to sign my MHQ, bloody daylight robbery! :mad:

Damn. Medical dates for C14 are being sent out?? Now I'm nervous. I'm think it's either one of those or a, dare i say it, 'Dear John' incoming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

I seen my doc this morning, got the MHQ sorted! Looking forward to tuesday now! £10 it cost, i was expecting £20 so i was happy enough!
    I don't think i have anything to worry about at the medical, but I'm still a tad nervous!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

I seen my doc this morning, got the MHQ sorted! Looking forward to tuesday now! £10 it cost, i was expecting £20 so i was happy enough!
    I don't think i have anything to worry about at the medical, but I'm still a tad nervous!

Same as myself!! nothing to worry about but the nerves held the whole thing up cause i gave a high blood pressure reading. Had to get it taken again by Gp, cost me a couple extra weeks waiting and worrying :confused:

Same as myself!! nothing to worry about but the nerves held the whole thing up cause i gave a high blood pressure reading. Had to get it taken again by Gp, cost me a couple extra weeks waiting and worrying :confused:
    hmmmm, thinking maybe if i got there really early and got relaxed beforehand? maybe bring a book or something?
    How high can a 23yr olds blood pressure get though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

im 19, and in very good health, didnt even feel anxious at the time but when i left the place i knew i was a little. Bp was up at 165/80 i think... an hour later at GP it was 125/80.

Dont know how it can change so much but it did

weird!
    I suppose it's pretty common then though i hate the thought of anything being held up!
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 shaz200828

Well folks haven't been on for a while but need this job now more than ever as I have just been made redundant today! Hopefully medical letters will be out soon I did my AC early part of June and received my vetting forms a week later so just waiting on my med letter pls keep all your fingers crossed for me!!

Shazza

• Advertisement

bargain mate! i paid 4 times what you paid! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭conor123

my doc never charged me when i got mine done

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭New Recruit

Seriously?? You must be private. My NHS Doctor charged me nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 bullslinebacker

shaz200828 wrote: »
    Well folks haven't been on for a while but need this job now more than ever as I have just been made redundant today! Hopefully medical letters will be out soon I did my AC early part of June and received my vetting forms a week later so just waiting on my med letter pls keep all your fingers crossed for me!!

Shazza

*crosses fingers* :D

Seriously?? You must be private. My NHS Doctor charged me nothing.

nope NHS doctor, i was ringing them yesterday to find out if my MHQ was ready so they chased it up for me and left a message later saying its ready and that'll be 40quid, i was ragin, thinking to myself i only paid 20quid back in march for my c13 MHQ, so went down and i'm looking at the price list on the wall and there in all its glory

PSNI pre-employment medical forms - 40quid!

ah well, i wont be complaining if i pass my medical and get in! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭conor123

money grabbing gits!!!!

and i had to get a load of info printed out about an operation i had one time and it was still free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 chatterbox08

Hi Folks,

Haven't been on here in a while. I have my medical for C14 next week. Rather nervous about it but fingers crossed it will go OK. Does anyone know the number for recruitment, I want to ask when meri numbers will be available...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 bullslinebacker

conor123 wrote: »
    money grabbing gits!!!!

and i had to get a load of info printed out about an operation i had one time and it was still free

You think thats bad??!!

I was initially declined in my medical - one of the reasons was that when i was 15 the doc diagnosed me with depression.

This obviously came up on my medical and gave them grounds to decline me. I appealed and i had to have a psychologist give me a bit of paper to say i wasn't mental. I had to go for an interview with the head shrink, it lasted 40 mins. I was charged £400 for the interview and report. Thats £10.00 per minute!!!!!

Buuuut i got in, so although it was worth the money it was still a bitter pill to swallow! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

You think thats bad??!!

I was initially declined in my medical - one of the reasons was that when i was 15 the doc diagnosed me with depression.

This obviously came up on my medical and gave them grounds to decline me. I appealed and i had to have a psychologist give me a bit of paper to say i wasn't mental. I had to go for an interview with the head shrink, it lasted 40 mins. I was charged £400 for the interview and report. Thats £10.00 per minute!!!!!

Buuuut i got in, so although it was worth the money it was still a bitter pill to swallow! :D

holy **** man thats not nice. at least you got in though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭owen1976

Hi Folks,

Haven't been on here in a while. I have my medical for C14 next week. Rather nervous about it but fingers crossed it will go OK. Does anyone know the number for recruitment, I want to ask when meri numbers will be available...

I rang last week as did a few other people and they said it would be the ennd of this month. But anyway the number is 02890650222 and ask for recruiting. Let me know if they tell you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

give them a wee buzz cause people have been getting mixed messages from recruitment!!! i rang on tuesday:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

give them a wee buzz cause people have been getting mixed messages from recruitment!!! i rang on tuesday:cool:

did they tell you your merit score???

Got the Medical Health Questionaire in the post today. Happy days. :D

My GP didn't charge me in the last campaign, so hopefully that hasn't changed this time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Gee-22 wrote: »
    did they tell you your merit score???

Nope, infact i found the person on the phone quite rude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

Nope, infact i found the person on the phone quite rude.

Snap. Prob sick of us all phoning up asking the same question, but still no need.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

carlty888 wrote: »
    Got the Medical Health Questionaire in the post today. Happy days. :D

Good on ya, must be your year mate! I hope my sista PYG gets hers in the post tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭uncleneilly

last week after nine months got word to say vetting had just passed for c13:) today get a big white envelope thinking it might be an offer only to open it and find out i have a medical for c14, apparently it's in my best interest to go,phoned to make appointment and apparently it's going to set me back 45 quid , was 36 last year , also have no holidays left so day off will be at my own expense also:mad: getting so fed up now

Uncleneilly,

If I remember correctly, you had a good merit number for C13. You should get it with that, but anything can happen, so I'd Definately attend the C14 medical. No matter what the additional costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭uncleneilly

my number should be good enough for c13 carlty it's just the thought now of the added expense and worrying in case i mess up my medical, suppose i should be happy with the position im in it's just so long drawn out now and i thought it was just waiting for the call now

• Advertisement

all set for my medical next week now!
    even got new boxers!!:D
    All this effort better pay off!

Advertisement