Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 jontkd

It must depend on the length of hair sample, i am just glad I can go and get my hair cut now. I haven't got much left as it is so i had to let it grow ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭student15

jontkd wrote: »
    It must depend on the length of hair sample, i am just glad I can go and get my hair cut now. I haven't got much left as it is so i had to let it grow ha ha

With this how much is taken away.
    I have a lovely head of hair and fear having to shave it off to even it :(

The Dr took a bit from five different places, it looks alot when he puts it down on the table in front of you.
    I cant really notice where he cut it.

I was worried about not having 100 strands of hair lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lac123

If your wear contact lens do you have to brings glasses with you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jb12345

Lac123 wrote: »
    If your wear contact lens do you have to brings glasses with you

Only if you bring something to put them in or a replacement pair as you are tested unaided also. I just brought glasses as was easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭picture987

Medical done, stormed my eye test which is a big relief considering the surgery :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭gmck26

Medical done. Was speaking to girl who was doing admin at it and she said only 4 days of medicals this time at 16 per day meaning about 64 through to this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Babybuns

gmck26 wrote: »
    Medical done. Was speaking to girl who was doing admin at it and she said only 4 days of medicals this time at 16 per day meaning about 64 through to this stage.

Is that 64 from the second batch of emails that went out with delay emails or 64 from first set of emails

Babybuns wrote: »
    Is that 64 from the second batch of emails that went out with delay emails or 64 from first set of emails

First.

• Advertisement

Jb12345 wrote: »
    First.

Thanks that's not too many hopefully numbers are much the same from the second batch of emails and there is still plenty of places up for grabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ploddington Pea

Thanks that's not too many hopefully numbers are much the same from the second batch of emails and there is still plenty of places up for grabs.

Not so sadly, there where at least 50 people at my morning pca familiarisation, and someone thought at least 70 at the evening one, and that doesnt include afternoon one. That said there will still be places up for grabs plus extra places from those that fail pca, vetting, drugs test, medical, online learning not done correct, or just pull out.

Not so sadly, there where at least 50 people at my morning pca familiarisation, and someone thought at least 70 at the evening one, and that doesnt include afternoon one. That said there will still be places up for grabs plus extra places from those that fail pca, vetting, drugs test, medical, online learning not done correct, or just pull out.

Right sure we will have to wait and see

Well even allowing for the 64 doing medical plus the 150-200 doing Pca that would still mean possible 200 places if the original amount of 478 are going to be recruited. Just holding out hope still.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ploddington Pea

Well even allowing for the 64 doing medical plus the 150-200 doing Pca that would still mean possible 200 places if the original amount of 478 are going to be recruited. Just holding out hope still.

That's exactly what i'm saying, a bit more in the second batch than first, but still places available for those that have had to infuriatingly wait longer, there is sure to be more happy faces

You people that receive your post early let us know if your results arrive so I'm not eagerly waiting to get home for nothing haha. Had my medical on the Tuesday...

• Registered Users Posts: 24 J_Recruit

For those who wear glasses or contacts. Did you's state this in the medical form. There are questions relating to eyes but to me it seems they are asking about injuries or conditions? Any help?

J_Recruit wrote: »
    For those who wear glasses or contacts. Did you's state this in the medical form. There are questions relating to eyes but to me it seems they are asking about injuries or conditions? Any help?
    No didn't mention it, it's specific to Injuries etc. Just bring them to the medical.

J_Recruit wrote: »

Funnily enough this is never asked! I got laser eye surgery in order to pass the medical but in saying that the nurse did not examine my eyes, I could have been wearing lenses through the exam! Not that I would have or would advise anyone to!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 J_Recruit

Jb12345 wrote: »
    No didn't mention it, it's specific to Injuries etc. Just bring them to the medical.

That what I thought just wanted to double check. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Bob Law

Did you declare your surgery? That may be why you failed

Bob Law wrote: »
    Did you declare your surgery? That may be why you failed

Yes lol! I have a letter stating why I failed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Bob Law

IfI get in the 1st payday is for the lazers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 george1987

hi everyone

first time poster

have my pca next week and hopefully will get thru to medical

however, 2 years ago I was prescribed antidepressants for about 2 months as i was grieving over the death of a friend. only took them for 2 months and decided i was better off them so didnt continue any longer.

100% ever since.

was wondering if anyone knew how this would affect me?
    could i fail medical as a result?
    anyone any experience of this?

thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 policehopeful

got my medical pass letter today, they are quick on the ball! Anyone else receive any word?

got my medical pass letter today, they are quick on the ball! Anyone else receive any word?

Yep passed also! Now to just wait on the big call I guess.

george1987 wrote: »
    hi everyone

first time poster

have my pca next week and hopefully will get thru to medical

however, 2 years ago I was prescribed antidepressants for about 2 months as i was grieving over the death of a friend. only took them for 2 months and decided i was better off them so didnt continue any longer.

100% ever since.

was wondering if anyone knew how this would affect me?
    could i fail medical as a result?
    anyone any experience of this?

thanks!

I failed and mine were years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mstar

picture987 wrote: »
    I failed and mine were years ago

surely that's discrimination?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mstar

mstar wrote: »
    surely that's discrimination?

Is having taken ADs an automatic fail, anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭gmck26

mstar wrote: »
    Is having taken ADs an automatic fail, anyone know?

I think it would depend on reason given and what the stresser was. If you are likely to encounter something similar in the job it may have an impact on the medical.

N.b. - I was previously prescribed ADs and passed medical.

Advertisement