Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Belfastm

Just outta interest, are many of you guys being charged for your GP to tick their boxes in the medical questionnaire? Just been stroked £25 to basically say i'm all good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭hopeful34

Belfastm wrote: »
    Just outta interest, are many of you guys being charged for your GP to tick their boxes in the medical questionnaire? Just been stroked £25 to basically say i'm all good.

I was charged £20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭charlie_six

Nope, got mine for free. Anyone still waiting on medical date? No post again today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭El_Triboy

Paid €35 for mine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭gmck26

That was a bit steep. Mine charged £10

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭El_Triboy

tdoc25315 wrote: »
    I just came across some stuff on the internet that has me seriously worried, I'm waiting on a medical date which I'm assuming will be near to the end of the month like others receiving letters today (had PCA recently) and for the past week I've been on painkillers for a bad toothache. The problem is that they contain codeine (not sure if I can post brand names on here but you put them in a glass with water and they fizz) and now I'm at panic stations in case I fail my medical if they think I've been on hard stuff like morphine or heroin. Can anyone advise or settle my nerves at all? This is my dream job and I don't want it taken away by some over the counter painkillers.

Just declare it on you're testing form and it should be okay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

I was told by a mate to bring a list of everything you've taken in the past 3 months (listing active ingredients) along with you. Some over the counter drugs can give false positives so it's best to have a think of everything you might have taken for your cold/norovirus/headaches and make sure they know about it! It says in the blurb that they will only report back to the psni anything they believe to be dodgy, so the more informed they are the better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭boblaw88

Hi All!

E-mails were taken over and a lot of account info was in danger so I closed my old account. Only getting the time no to create a new dummy account and re-register.

My medical is this week, a week into online learning as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

Hi everyone, is anyone still waiting on a date for their medical? I passed my PCA on the afternoon session of the 2nd April (if there are problems with me mentioning the date let me know and I'll remove it) and was just wondering if there are others who still haven't got a letter?

Hi everyone, is anyone still waiting on a date for their medical? I passed my PCA on the afternoon session of the 2nd April (if there are problems with me mentioning the date let me know and I'll remove it) and was just wondering if there are others who still haven't got a letter?

I passed on same session, still waiting on date. As we were last through PCA maybe makes sense we are last to get letters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭coogie_boogie

I passed my PCA same date (am session) I have recieved access to online leraning but nothing else / no medical date. Also is it letter via post or email regarding the medical??

I got a letter kid!

boblaw88 wrote: »
    I got a letter kid!

Kid? I could be older than you for all you know boblaw88 lol, thanks anyway!

haha sorry, was on form last night! you'll pick me out when we're through the doors of hotel g!

Hi Shield or anyone in the know, could someone maybe give me the number for Occupational Health & Well-being? I've just received the letter with my medical date but unfortunately another candidate's letter was enclosed in the envelope as well! When I picked it up I wondered why it was so thick, anyway I'm sure this guy is on eggshells waiting for this so I want to get it sorted as quickly as possible. Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

NOT GOOD!!

Got it sorted, phoned local police station at non-emergency number and they patched me through to OHW.

I also need a contact number or an email address that works as the one provided on the letter is not liked by my email account.

Got medical date, looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ploddington Pea

Hi Shield or anyone in the know, could someone maybe give me the number for Occupational Health & Well-being? I've just received the letter with my medical date but unfortunately another candidate's letter was enclosed in the envelope as well! When I picked it up I wondered why it was so thick, anyway I'm sure this guy is on eggshells waiting for this so I want to get it sorted as quickly as possible. Cheers!

Hi dutch, do you mind if I ask the initials of the person whose letter you received in error? Just wondering if it's me. Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi dutch, do you mind if I ask the initials of the person whose letter you received in error? Just wondering if it's me. Thanks

OHW told me to destroy it on the phone and it only said Mr B***** (not sure on length of name and there was no forename either) if you want you can PM me your UID and I'll tell you if it matches. Don't want to give out sensitive information for obvious reasons! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ploddington Pea

OHW told me to destroy it on the phone and it only said Mr B***** (not sure on length of name and there was no forename either) if you want you can PM me your UID and I'll tell you if it matches. Don't want to give out sensitive information for obvious reasons! :)

I'm not going to give out my uid dutch, but thanks that answers my question, i only asked for initials to keep it safe and anonymous.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 burgerburger

Does anyone know the number for occupational health I've tried 02890 700719 and it keeps ringing out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Does anyone know the number for occupational health I've tried 02890 700719 and it keeps ringing out?

Apparently Calling 101 and asking to get patched through works!

Passed Medical!!!! YEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Mr.Peanut

Where you in the second group Bob? U find out on the day if you passed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Sdcharger

Well done! Have mine soon. Does anyone know how you would know if you fail vetting. Just wondering if i pass medical if i should get my hopes up for a call to start or if a letter will come through failing Vetting.

I was in the 2nd batch of passes, not the delay group though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭gmck26

Sdcharger wrote: »
    Well done! Have mine soon. Does anyone know how you would know if you fail vetting. Just wondering if i pass medical if i should get my hopes up for a call to start or if a letter will come through failing Vetting.

If you fail vetting they contact you to give you your right of appeal. If you pass you usually don't hear anything do no news is normally good news.

However take into account that at times vetting can take months to complete!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

Hi folks, long time lurker, first time poster, passed the ac in dec, passed pca beginning of month but still waiting on medical date, should i be concerned that some folk have got theirs and i havnt?

Advertisement