Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭JayC90

Mine has been sent for the CMOs approval due to very mild tinnitus. My hearing is well within the required level but still needs signed off by a senior doctor.

Provided evidence of the original diagnosis and my GP has written a letter to say it has subsided and causes no issues.

Still has me a little worried though, doc doing the medical did say "no guarantees, but there's no reason why you shouldn't pass", so here's hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

I suffer from Macrophallus and have read on some other forums that it can be an issue.

If i get as far as the medical, i hope it won't be. :pac:

I suffer from Macrophallus and have read on some other forums that it can be an issue.

If i get as far as the medical, i hope it won't be. :pac:

All prospective male cops do. Remember, we all want to be the big man and were bullied at school....

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭sweet chuck

Anyone who got 70% at AC got a medical yet? The wait is killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭221988

JayC90 wrote: »
    Mine has been sent for the CMOs approval due to very mild tinnitus. My hearing is well within the required level but still needs signed off by a senior doctor.

Provided evidence of the original diagnosis and my GP has written a letter to say it has subsided and causes no issues.

Still has me a little worried though, doc doing the medical did say "no guarantees, but there's no reason why you shouldn't pass", so here's hoping!

Ok good to know. Did you contact occupational health before you sent the letter of appeal?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭charlie_six

221988 wrote: »
    Has anyone on here failed their medical? I might be the first! Due to something really strange. Wondering about the process to appeal? Anyone in the same boat?

Can you say what you failed on?

221988 wrote: »
    Ok good to know. Did you contact occupational health before you sent the letter of appeal?

I haven't had to appeal, I just submitted evidence with my health questionnaire. The CMO is going to review my file and then I'll be notified if I've passed or failed. The Doc seemed confident I would have no issues, and the CMO would sign it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭221988

I haven't had to appeal, I just submitted evidence with my health questionnaire. The CMO is going to review my file and then I'll be notified if I've passed or failed. The Doc seemed confident I would have no issues, and the CMO would sign it off.

Ok happy days fingers crossed for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Belfastm

Received a pass letter today. All stages done now! Just the waiting ahead..

Belfastm wrote: »
    Received a pass letter today. All stages done now! Just the waiting ahead..

When was your medical?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Belfastm

This week.

Belfastm wrote: »
    This week.

Hell that was quick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

I spoke to a few people at my medical who had to supply more info on knee surgery etc, they had 10 days to get the info back to OHW. I wonder if 'the calls' might be delayed until everyone's medical outcome is known?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭gmck26

19087 wrote: »
    I spoke to a few people at my medical who had to supply more info on knee surgery etc, they had 10 days to get the info back to OHW. I wonder if 'the calls' might be delayed until everyone's medical outcome is known?

I would doubt it as they would have enough people through to make fill the intake from the remainder of people from the first lot and people passed in the second lot of people.

Anyone who had to supply further info may be pushed back to the next intake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭hopeful34

19087 wrote: »

I was like this in the first group. Medical was Tues handed extra evidence in by weekend (let's face it you don't want to hang around you want to get it in asap). Calls started Thurs next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

hopeful34 wrote: »
    I was like this in the first group. Medical was Tues handed extra evidence in by weekend (let's face it you don't want to hang around you want to get it in asap). Calls started Thurs next week.
    good luck!!
    would you mind if I ask, for myself and others - do you think it is best to bring all info with you if manage to get to medical ...if so what type of info? eg just exact dates of ops etc?, or is there specific forms they give you to get completed by gp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭student15

vickmackey wrote: »
    good luck!!
    would you mind if I ask, for myself and others - do you think it is best to bring all info with you if manage to get to medical ...if so what type of info? eg just exact dates of ops etc?, or is there specific forms they give you to get completed by gp?

You get a questionnaire which will detail all of this

If you pass pca

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭hopeful34

vickmackey wrote: »
    good luck!!

Yeah as said there's a questionnaire. I would say get all discharge letters from GP. Get all info that will help prove you are fit and healthy. Best advice I can give is if you get a medical talk the questionnaire through with your GP. That way you won't forget anything.

student15 wrote: »
    You get a questionnaire which will detail all of this

If you pass pca
    oooooooooo:D
    i might not, but others will, so advice for them too:P

hopeful34 wrote: »
    Yeah as said there's a questionnaire. I would say get all discharge letters from GP. Get all info that will help prove you are fit and healthy. Best advice I can give is if you get a medical talk the questionnaire through with your GP. That way you won't forget anything.
    great, thankyou very much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Sgtmort

How long was it after passing te pca did you et the medical date?

Sgtmort wrote: »
    How long was it after passing te pca did you et the medical date?

3-7 days, my mum hid the letter from me for a little while.....by accident apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Sgtmort

Hi all, my friend has done medical an all, I've only got my forms. He said for the question 'any condition affecting ur throat' you have to put down any time you have had a throat infection, swollen tonsils etc surely this is too much, I've had swollen tonsils probably once every two years, do I really need to date every time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

Sgtmort wrote: »
    Hi all, my friend has done medical an all, I've only got my forms. He said for the question 'any condition affecting ur throat' you have to put down any time you have had a throat infection, swollen tonsils etc surely this is too much, I've had swollen tonsils probably once every two years, do I really need to date every time?

You don't need to start listing every time you have had a sore throat. It would be referring more to more serious problems with your throat. As for a recurring tonsillitis, it could be best to put that in, but be sure your doctor acknowledges that it's not a problem in the MHQ or you'll be in for more stress trying to get the extra info back within 10 days of your medical!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

Had my medical there and realised after getting home that I'd forgotten to give details of my inhalers to the Randox guy conducting the test. Does anyone think this would pose an issue? I'm considering giving OHW a ring in the morning but it's probably too late now as according to the guy they'd be well on their way to the USA by now! I declared it on all my other information to the medical team so I guess if they do cause an issue they can see I wasn't withholding information and it was a genuine error. Thanks everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 LtCustard

Had my medical there and realised after getting home that I'd forgotten to give details of my inhalers to the Randox guy conducting the test. Does anyone think this would pose an issue? I'm considering giving OHW a ring in the morning but it's probably too late now as according to the guy they'd be well on their way to the USA by now! I declared it on all my other information to the medical team so I guess if they do cause an issue they can see I wasn't withholding information and it was a genuine error. Thanks everyone.

Wouldn't worry at all about it, your reliever will be mostly local action, very little will get to the blood, and the steroid will be corticosteroid so nothing banned there, if you wanna settle your nerves a little more google randox drug screening information there's a list of all compounds tested for, none of ur asthma medication will be on it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

LtCustard wrote: »
    Wouldn't worry at all about it, your reliever will be mostly local action, very little will get to the blood, and the steroid will be corticosteroid so nothing banned there, if you wanna settle your nerves a little more google randox drug screening information there's a list of all compounds tested for, none of ur asthma medication will be on it :)

LtCustard to the rescue! Haha cheers mate that's put me right at ease! :) waiting game it is now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 LtCustard

LtCustard to the rescue! Haha cheers mate that's put me right at ease! :) waiting game it is now!

Not a problem :) all the best with it that's u done everything u need now just a nice wee phone call fingers crossed :)

Has anyone had their pass or otherwise from medicals on tues last week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Prenty

Has anyone had their pass or otherwise from medicals on tues last week?

Yes Jay, medical on Tuesday and got pass letter on Thursday, you still waiting?

Advertisement