Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭JayC90

Aye still waiting, mine has a little further to travel though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 PT93

Hi there, PCA very soon here and (fingers crossed) if I pass I heard the medical date is usually around 2 weeks after? Wondering do they do the substance misuse test on the day of the medical too? Want to make sure my hairs long enough, cheers :)

PT93 wrote: »
    Hi there, PCA very soon here and (fingers crossed) if I pass I heard the medical date is usually around 2 weeks after? Wondering do they do the substance misuse test on the day of the medical too? Want to make sure my hairs long enough, cheers :)

I doubt it's changed from my day, so yeah, they do. I had a friend have an issue with the hair test, they ended up taking it from his back. Yes, he has no hair anywhere aside from his yeti-like back.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 elspeth flash

You see the nurse then doctor and then the guy takes lumps of your hair. Whole process takes no more than 1 1/2 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭student15

Don't forget to drink enough water for the peeeeeeeeee test

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

or wine????? ;-)

You see the nurse then doctor and then the guy takes lumps of your hair. Whole process takes no more than 1 1/2 hours.

They took it from my underarms......never had that done before!! The hair on my head wasnt short either, I left it long for that exact purpose!!

JayC90 wrote: »
    They took it from my underarms......never had that done before!! The hair on my head wasnt short either, I left it long for that exact purpose!!
    cheers, if i'm lucky enough to get to that stage, they'll have to do the same as i'm a baldy!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Sorry if this has been covered but how much hair do they take at smt?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Think I heard 3cm, not 100% sure though..

• Advertisement

.S. wrote: »

Cheers. That rings a bell actually.

.S. wrote: »

Ah I'm an idiot. It's on join psni website. You were spot on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭hopeful34

Dekkers wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been covered but how much hair do they take at smt?

If it's head hair they need a drinking straw width at 3 cm. If you've short hair then it's body hair and they need about the size of a cotton ball. They usually take from about 4-8 spots on your head. Or if you're unlucky they will shave your chest, underarms or of course back which ever has more. Oh and they like to shave in patterns

hopeful34 wrote: »
    If it's head hair they need a drinking straw width at 3 cm. If you've short hair then it's body hair and they need about the size of a cotton ball. They usually take from about 4-8 spots on your head. Or if you're unlucky they will shave your chest, underarms or of course back which ever has more. Oh and they like to shave in patterns

Well I don't mean to enter tmi territory but ill be ensuring there's plenty on me head because I don't want them anywhere near the only other place they could go for a sample :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Dekkers wrote: »
    Well I don't mean to enter tmi territory but ill be ensuring there's plenty on me head because I don't want them anywhere near the only other place they could go for a sample :)

Im guessing you wouldn't be a fan of the scrotal examination during the medical then :D

Thanks for the nightmares...away for my BSC wax!!

They won't take from the groin area so don't worry it's head, underarm, legs or chest hair.

I had pretty long hair when they did mine, but the fella didn't want to take samples from my head as it wasn't long enough. I've had hair tests before when I have very short hair, where they take a good few snips from round about the head to get the 1.5" they need.

Is there any way you can ask them to take it from your head if they ask to take it from your leg? If your hair is definitely long enough only of course. Don't think my chest or armpit hair will be long enough but my leg hair will be. Problem is, my friends thought it'd be funny to shave a patch off my leg when I fell asleep a year or two ago at uni and it's never grew back and don't want to chance that again lol :(

If they can take it from the head they will.

They don't take 1 patch, it's a number of cuts from different parts of the head. It's not really noticeable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭coogie_boogie

Had my medical today, how long until results?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Belfastm

Couple of days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

Had mine also,, another wait begins......

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭sweet chuck

Mine is in two weeks. Handy enough?

Passed medical! Didn't expect the letter to come that soon!

Congrats, any idea on roughly how long it takes for your medical appointment letter to come through after passing the PCA? And roughly how long is your medical date from when you get your letter? Heard 3 weeks but just checking, cheers.

Congrats, any idea on roughly how long it takes for your medical appointment letter to come through after passing the PCA? And roughly how long is your medical date from when you get your letter? Heard 3 weeks but just checking, cheers.

Mine took just over 4 weeks

Cheers for the info mate, 4 weeks from PCA pass to receive your appointment letter? Or was your appointment 4 weeks after receiving your letter?

Cheers for the info mate, 4 weeks from PCA pass to receive your appointment letter? Or was your appointment 4 weeks after receiving your letter?

roughly 4 weeks from pass to getting letter

I got the letter around 4-5 weeks after pca mate with medical date being around 3 weeks from date of letter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭coogie_boogie

Passed my medical as well, received letter yesterday.

Advertisement