Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Clare1304

Has everyone in group 4 received a medical date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 PTR292

I havent got anything yet, heard it takes a while after PCA to get the letter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

PTR292 wrote: »
    I havent got anything yet, heard it takes a while after PCA to get the letter

i waited near 5 weeks between pca and medical date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

The infamous 5 week wait... Again!

That's put my mind at rest, I just know of someone who did their pca on the same day as me and received their medical date last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭sweet chuck

pcplod wrote: »
    i waited near 5 weeks between pca and medical date.

Me to. Im guessing you were maybe there same day as me.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 PT93

Clare1304 wrote: »
    That's put my mind at rest, I just know of someone who did their pca on the same day as me and received their medical date last week.

Hi, I am in group 4 and received a medical date a week ago, yours is probably on it's way.

all mind games!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mikey87

Hi guys, first time poster here. Just reading this thread about people in group four having received medical dates has made me a wee bit concerned. Im in group 3 and passed my PCA at the start of May but i still haven't received my medical date. Is anyone else in group 3 in the same boat as me? Have many in group 4 received their dates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

mikey87 wrote: »
    Hi guys, first time poster here. Just reading this thread about people in group four having received medical dates has made me a wee bit concerned. Im in group 3 and passed my PCA at the start of May but i still haven't received my medical date. Is anyone else in group 3 in the same boat as me? Have many in group 4 received their dates?

It might be dependant on your AC score. Only speculating though

• Advertisement

Mop a top wrote: »
    It might be dependant on your AC score. Only speculating though

I got an A at ac, was thinking they maybe only send it out once vetting is complete?

I got an A at ac, was thinking they maybe only send it out once vetting is complete?

We've been doing a lot of debating about this. It says in the email the first 2 stages are PCA and vetting and you need to pass each stage before progressing to the next so perhaps this is the case. I'm fortunate that I've had approx 5 weeks between vetting PCA and medical. I'm not the most patient of people when it comes to this lol so I can't tell you to be patient. Maybe go to one of the info sessions and talk to the rep there? Or possibly ring recruitment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

If you're from the south you may aswell not expect anything back from Garda vetting for the next decade! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭sweet chuck

The groups are what is confusing people. If its online learning the groups went 1,2a,2b,2c and 3 (think there is a 4 now)

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭crinkley

If you're from the south you may aswell not expect anything back from Garda vetting for the next decade! :rolleyes:

Oh joy if I get that far I'll be transported back ten years waiting for my Garda ID coming up to Christmas! lol

The other person that I know who is in group 4 spent a year living in the south so I doubt it's dependent on vetting. We have identical ac scores with me being slightly higher at ist. This process is frustrating to say the least.

I really think you should have received yours by now. This is such a frustrating process. Nobody seems to be able to apply any reasoning to what way they are pulling people through the stages.

Does anybody have a phone number for recruitment so that I can chase this up? I tried emailing the address that was on the vetting info but just got a message saying they would pass it on to the relevant department and I haven't heard anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

Does anybody have a phone number for recruitment so that I can chase this up? I tried emailing the address that was on the vetting info but just got a message saying they would pass it on to the relevant department and I haven't heard anything else.

You could ring 101 and ask to be put through that way. I had to do that when I got my medical letter as unfortunately someone else's was packed into my envelope as well and I had to phone straight away to get it fixed! Good luck I hope you get things sorted alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mancni

Just wondering what exactly the medical entails in terms of the visual element? do they literally just test your eyesight with the snellen test? (ie the opticians chart) Or is there some kind of eye health tests too?

• Advertisement

Exactly what an optician does and colour blind test

There's the bit as well where you have to read a book with two different sizes of writing. I could barely see the one that said N6 lol seriously struggled my way through it!

mancni wrote: »
    Just wondering what exactly the medical entails in terms of the visual element? do they literally just test your eyesight with the snellen test? (ie the opticians chart) Or is there some kind of eye health tests too?

Think they make you fill in a colouring book that has numbers corresponding to a certain colour and location aswell as the snellen test!

Think they make you fill in a colouring book that has numbers corresponding to a certain colour and location.

Forgot about that bit Desert, cheers! Just reminded me of the connect the dot you've to do as well to make sure your hands are steady enough to hold a gun ;)

You two are seriously not wise!!!! Hope I'm in your group lol

Haha you've got to have a sense of humour on here or you'd go mad! :)

Doubt I'll be in your group now unfortunately, if you're looking for me i'll be the one chained to the front gates of Garnerville, demanding a PCA date !

Doubt I'll be in your group now unfortunately, if you're looking for me i'll be the one chained to the front gates of Garnerville, demanding a PCA date !
    we could all be BAND OF BROTHERS (& sisters!) someday!!:cool:

Can anyone let me know if they are in group 4 and haven't received a medical date yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 PTR292

Im in Group 4 and havent recieved a letter yet.

Advertisement