Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Clare1304

PTR292 wrote: »
    Im in Group 4 and havent recieved a letter yet.

Were you a pm pca? Really expected to hear by now. As I'm sure you can tell, I'm not the most patient lol. Are you reapplying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 PTR292

Clare1304 wrote: »
    Were you a pm pca? Really expected to hear by now. As I'm sure you can tell, I'm not the most patient lol. Are you reapplying?

Yeh I was at the pm pca. I sorted of did too, but heard some people had to wait up to 5 weeks for a letter so i'm hoping that's just the case. Yeh I am, filled out and sent application already.

Are you?

Are you?

Yep definitely, might do it tonight in fact! Assume you were at my pca mid may?

Clare1304 wrote: »
    Yep definitely, might do it tonight in fact! Assume you were at my pca mid may?

Yeh i think i was, last pca of the day. This is my first time applying and the way im looking at it is if i dont get through this time, least ill know what to do to get higher in this next campaign.

• Advertisement

That's a good way to look at it, I've just really got my hopes up but hey whatever happens happens. I was the one at the end who was within seconds of passing out lol!

Yeh, though doesnt mean i wont be gutted if i dont get through this time lol Haha oh i know that feeling, i was the one coughing so hard im pretty sure i coughed up some lung lol

Hoping that we'll hear something about our medical date this week!

Yeh, though doesnt mean i wont be gutted if i dont get through this time lol Haha oh i know that feeling, i was the one coughing so hard im pretty sure i coughed up some lung lol

Hoping that we'll hear something about our medical date this week!

Yeah I hope so too, just a waiting game. They seem to give about a months notice for medicals so think if we pass etc could be looking at a sept start realistically.

Everything in this campaign has been! lol Yeh i think your right, don't think it'll be any sooner at this rate. Hopefully come this time September we'll be getting ready to enter Hotel GV :)

Got my medical date ☺️

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
    good luck!

My Medical date came through as well, must be sending a batch out today!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mikey87

Patience paid off, finally got my medical date yesterday, did my pca on 30th April so it's been exactly 6 weeks.

very good!
    plenty of stuff happening at all the stages - even though it seems like forever.
    1 step closer!! good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 PT93

Can anyone give me the contact number for Human Resources or Occupational Health please? Need it A.S.A.P., somethings came up and I have my medical very soon. Possibility the last 7 months could be a waste unless I can sort this out :( would be very grateful, thanks.

PT93 wrote: »
    Can anyone give me the contact number for Human Resources or Occupational Health please? Need it A.S.A.P., somethings came up and I have my medical very soon. Possibility the last 7 months could be a waste unless I can sort this out :( would be very grateful, thanks.
    from previous info, people were phoning the new 101 number and asking for the dept .
    hope you get sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 PT93

vickmackey wrote: »
    from previous info, people were phoning the new 101 number and asking for the dept .
    hope you get sorted.

Thank you very much! Just rang there and asked for the extension, very grateful.

PT93 wrote: »
    Thank you very much! Just rang there and asked for the extension, very grateful.
    no bother, hope you can get issue resolved :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 nirish_mark20

Got my medical date but worried about what my dr has put on my medical questionnaire.

I had a pretty stressful few months way back in 2005 due to my parents divorce. Id been to my dr about it at the time but i was ok after that. I wasnt given any medication or anything and wasnt diagnosed with stress or depression.

Problem is, my dr has put on my med ques that i had 'intermittent depression' but was given no medication and there were no further issues after that.

Anyone know if this will affect me? Should i get a letter from my dr to support the reasons for my stress and explain i wasnt actually suffering from depression? It was 9 years ago - reckon it will affect me?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Got my medical date but worried about what my dr has put on my medical questionnaire.

I had a pretty stressful few months way back in 2005 due to my parents divorce. Id been to my dr about it at the time but i was ok after that. I wasnt given any medication or anything and wasnt diagnosed with stress or depression.

Problem is, my dr has put on my med ques that i had 'intermittent depression' but was given no medication and there were no further issues after that.

Anyone know if this will affect me? Should i get a letter from my dr to support the reasons for my stress and explain i wasnt actually suffering from depression? It was 9 years ago - reckon it will affect me?

Thanks

My dr had put on my sickness record "debility" about 2 years ago. I had totally forgotten about that week. The dr in the medical asked me about it. I told him the truth. 3 young kids a high pressure job and an ex who was literally had me at my wits end and things got nasty between us. I said the dr signed me off for a week and told me to recharge the batteries and sort my **** out rather than medicate me. I passed my medical. Don't panic. Just be totally honest, were all human after all!!!

• Advertisement

Thanks for the help. I guess im just not sure if i would get the chance to explain or if the med ques would just be read and seen as final. Doc has said all is ok for the job/possession of firearm so hoping that counts!

Quite looking forward to the medical or what may come after!

Thanks for the help. I guess im just not sure if i would get the chance to explain or if the med ques would just be read and seen as final. Doc has said all is ok for the job/possession of firearm so hoping that counts!

Quite looking forward to the medical or what may come after!

Lol at least your Dr had the decency to write that!!! Mine just wrote debility and the dates. Left it to me to bloody explain lol I was bricking it

(Duplicate post)

Mop a top wrote: »
    Lol at least your Dr had the decency to write that!!! Mine just wrote debility and the dates. Left it to me to bloody explain lol I was bricking it

I just meant he ticked the boxes saying he had no concerns over the job/firearm. I might see if i can get a letter too because it wasnt depression and im annoyed it has even been documented as that

It's up to you but tbh if it wasn't medicated I couldn't see them having a problem anyway. The Dr at the medical was nice and he just said that's ok then when I told him. Drs usually charge for those letters but if you'd feel better with one then it's a small price for piece of mind

• Registered Users Posts: 26 tailsy25088832

Mop a top wrote: »
    It's up to you but tbh if it wasn't medicated I couldn't see them having a problem anyway. The Dr at the medical was nice and he just said that's ok then when I told him. Drs usually charge for those letters but if you'd feel better with one then it's a small price for piece of mind

Follow on from your comment.i was medicated for a few weeks last year with beta blockers -propranolol.will this after my medical.just applied for this new campaign.
    thanks

Follow on from your comment.i was medicated for a few weeks last year with beta blockers -propranolol.will this after my medical.just applied for this new campaign.
    thanks

Honestly have no idea sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 HereBsMe

thanks

This is the only stage I worry will be my downfall, (if I ever reach it) I too was prescribed Propranolol for a short period of time. They didn't work for me however and I came through the problem by myself eventually. I am just hoping every case at the medical will be judged individually. I do not know your circumstances but maybe if your records show no diagnosis of
    prolonged anxiety or stress or an actual disorder it could be ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 tailsy25088832

HereBsMe wrote: »
    This is the only stage I worry will be my downfall, (if I ever reach it) I too was prescribed Propranolol for a short period of time. They didn't work for me however and I came through the problem by myself eventually. I am just hoping every case at the medical will be judged individually. I do not know your circumstances but maybe if your records show no diagnosis of

Thanks.same for me stopped taking them so hope doctor didnt shoot me down for being worse.as work related issues. Fingers crossed.i would love this kind of career

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

HereBsMe wrote: »

I think you will be ok, everyone gets stress and anxious at times. If you needed help to get through it and it worked then hopefully there is no problem

Advertisement