Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

So what we talking? Six-ish week wait for medical letter?

I'm really hoping my medical date falls before IST-2014.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Clare1304

Dekkers wrote: »
    So what we talking? Six-ish week wait for medical letter?

I'm really hoping my medical date falls before IST-2014.

I got mine exactly 4 weeks after doing mine. I know someone who did their pca the same day as mine but a diff session and they got their date a week earlier or so.

Clare1304 wrote: »
    I got mine exactly 4 weeks after doing mine. I know someone who did their pca the same day as mine but a diff session and they got their date a week earlier or so.

Ok I'd be happy enough with that ha, thanks for reply! And 2weeks notice roughly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

I got 4 weeks notice from letter to PCA date with the familiarisation day about half way between

Mop a top wrote: »
    I got 4 weeks notice from letter to PCA date with the familiarisation day about half way between

Cheers moppy toppy but thankfully this particular wait is behind me :)

• Advertisement

Cheers moppy toppy but thankfully this particular wait is behind me :)

Sorry having a dumb moment. It was my PCA start of April and got the letter at the end of the month inviting me to the medical mid may. Result letter was dated the day after.

Sorry having a dumb moment. It was my PCA start of April and got the letter at the end of the month inviting me to the medical mid may. Result letter was dated the day after.

No worries, I know you people without degrees get confused easily. Here, play with this *throws shiny object* :D

Haha, cheers for info. 6 weeks til med wouldn't be too bad but i'll try not to predict it too much. Never ends well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Clare1304

No worries, I know you people without degrees get confused easily. Here, play with this *throws shiny object* :D

Haha, cheers for info. 6 weeks til med wouldn't be too bad but i'll try not to predict it too much. Never ends well.

About3 weeks notice of medical date for me :)

Cheeky s**t I'll have you know people without degrees are just as......ooohhhh pretty shiny thing!!!!!!!

Cheeky s**t I'll have you know people without degrees are just as......ooohhhh pretty shiny thing!!!!!!!

Lol couldn't resist. so glad you took that in right spirit!

• Advertisement

Lol couldn't resist. so glad you took that in right spirit!

Give as good as I get so you've been warned. Think you need to have a particular sense of humour for this job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

:Dvery good!:P

:Dbrilliant!!!

vickmackey wrote: »
    :Dbrilliant!!!

I was going to say that I aim to please but that could have been taken completely out of context with the other rumours going around on extra curricular activities :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 45 active_edge

I was going to say that I aim to please but that could have been taken completely out of context with the other rumours going around on extra curricular activities :-/

Or a pleasure doing business...oh dear....

Medical letter arrived :):)

sweeeeeet!!!
    do you need JUNIOR to read it to you??;)

sweeeeeet!!!

Lol after overcoming the shock of it coming so soon I could have used a 2nd opinion to make sure it was definitely real life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

That is quick!! Plenty of notice?

Well done

oztop1234 wrote: »
    That is quick!! Plenty of notice?

Well done

Yeah, over a month. It was dated yesterday too so probably less than 24 hrs after passing pca. Cheers! It's definitely a relief just to have a date.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

Getting closer!!

i'm sure there are a few more happy people today! :-)
    well done on getting to this stage folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 tailsy25088832

sweeeeeet!!!

JUNIOR is probaly pitching himself on gumtree offering official consultation of letter reading for all non graduates.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭col212

Mine arrived today also, nice to see at least one stage of this process moving quickly!

that is quick! happy days for youz!!! good luck folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭LadyVernal

Same. We must be in the same batch

You'll soon be in the never ending limbo lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

dekkers did you score 68 or 67 at ac?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭alwayshungry

Guys just wondering I've a friend who asked me about what would make her fail the medical - she's had one incident of self harm when she was 19 and it left a tiny scar-it was not as far as she has told me an attempt on her life -she has to declare it because she applied for the army and they said because it wasn't beyond 3 years she wouldn't pass however it's been 4 years since and she doesn't want to apply to the psni and get to the medical stage only to be told she can't get in....she doesn't know if the army and psni have the same policy.

Any advice or is there anyone she can contact ?

• Advertisement

Guys just wondering I've a friend who asked me about what would make her fail the medical - she's had one incident of self harm when she was 19 and it left a tiny scar-it was not as far as she has told me an attempt on her life -she has to declare it because she applied for the army and they said because it wasn't beyond 3 years she wouldn't pass however it's been 4 years since and she doesn't want to apply to the psni and get to the medical stage only to be told she can't get in....she doesn't know if the army and psni have the same policy.

Any advice or is there anyone she can contact ?

All I can really say is that I don't know but the medical questionnaire asks if you have a history of self harm. Sorry I don't have it on me at the moment so don't know the exact phrasing but I don't believe there's a time frame whereby it would be disregarded.

I think candidates with such history would be considered on a case by case basis rather than having policies in black and white (This is just a guess and I could be completely wrong)

Advertisement