Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Haha

I did smile and wink and ask if he could get me progressed quicker...

*joke* honest

If this is true pm me. Worth a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

No no you strip down to underwear. So have your best mankini on that day!

Found what you're looking for......... http://www.bitterwallet.com/men-check-out-this-sickening-half-thong/74299 lmfao

Guys (and sometimes girls) will always try, doesn't mean I have to say yes lol. I'm there to work, fun is for after ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sgt_fenners

Mop a top wrote: »
    Found what you're looking for.........
    Guys (and sometimes girls) will always try, doesn't mean I have to say yes lol. I'm there to work, fun is for after ;)

They are the whole craze. The force will be sooo jealous!

Everyone apart from me. I will be phoning the fashion police.

Thought you were fashion police with mankini and all :P ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭marfrig2014

Can anyone confirm what colour blindness test the most recent campaign is using? Is it the 6 dots thing or the circular dot patterns with the number hidden?

Also it says severe colour deficiency not acceptable. What does this mean in nuts and bolts?

• Advertisement

Can anyone confirm what colour blindness test the most recent campaign is using? Is it the 6 dots thing or the circular dot patterns with the number hidden?

Also it says severe colour deficiency not acceptable. What does this mean in nuts and bolts?

It's the book where they have the dot in the middle and several different shades of dots (can't remember the number) around it and you pick which one is closest

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Rockchick1989

anyone who done their physical recently received their medical date yet?

Dekkers wrote: »
    I've not come across this test before. Just the numbers in dots 1. I swear someone previously said they failed the medical because they failed the numbers in dots test.

Dekkers now I'm thinking about it they had both books cos she had them in the cardboard sleeves

Ha no probs cheers...and stop trying to panic me with scary new eye tests! :D

I found it!!!!!!

Go on delete that. Just got a wee message to say it isn't wise having it up lol. It's not the exact test though but just an example of what I found online. It was different colours but you get the idea

• Advertisement

Spanks my lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

So there's another group that has recently passed medical ! That mean's there's another group between last intake and dekkers group then ?? :(

Yeah there's been meds this week far as I know..

What way do they work numbers wise do ye know? Or are they same batch as you?

Just when i thought i had my timings sussed out :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭JMcClane

I'm confused with batches too. I think I'm in your batch of medicals Dekkers.

I thought we were the most recent to do the PCA but there must have been another group in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ptsb1

I did pca in June and have medical coming up. I presume that the group who did pca in may are doing or have done medicals through June and July. The medicals seem quite spaced out as I can see from other posts that some people who passed pca around same time as me got medical date letters about two weeks before me. I am totally guessing but think that they may be holding back on the cost of the medical until vetting clears.

I've passed my medical and my vetting is still outstanding. If you pass PCA they'll still send you for the medical

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sgt_fenners

The girl that was there when I done my medical said there was a medical every week from June to September...

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Rockchick1989

Yeah a few of us have rock chick!

Got mine yesterday :)

If it's people from the same batch as dekkers and it's just a case that their meds are just spaced out - then that would be grand for the auld anxiety.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Willow89

I did my pca mid May and passed medical this week :) girl told me medicals have been going on every week and I also heard at it that they are doing drug testing for this Intake right through until October

Great. Only a handful of spaces left so :(

Great. Only a handful of spaces left so :(

Settle petal!!

Nah, this is a killer this shíte.

DONT YOU DARE!!!!!!!! You're getting through this!!! You were all telling me in Wednesday and Thursday to keep my chin up and keep the faith. You need to do this if I have too. Don't make me go all mother hen on you and give you a clip round the ear!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Willow89

They are doing medicals every week between now and oct (I think) which leaves a lot of people still very much in the game. I really do think anyone that's passed ac will be called forward to the medical and offered a place. I think they do 15 medicals a day or thereabouts.

DC they've only taken about 100 out if the 378 so far. Chill out my lovely x

Not worried about how manys in college so far, but more so worried about how many are ready and 'about to be' ready for GV.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭LG1985

Nah, this is a killer this shíte.

I hear ye :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

LG1985 wrote: »
    I hear ye :(

Here!! You two! Knock it on the Head!

Still loads of spaces left!

LG - we are in the same PCA batch - we won't be going into the PCA with negative thoughts!

Still loads up for grabs! We wouldn't be this far if there wasn't!

Advertisement