Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 PTR292

When i was at the medical the guy doing the drug test said it was £300 for each person. He says that recruitment wouldnt be putting you through and spending that amount of money if they didnt mean to give you a job if you passed everything!! Everyone still has lots of chance to get in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

If there's 15 a day between now and august that would make around 600 to be put through medicals, wouldn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Wouldn't it be great if they provided us with a merit score. Even a ball park to put peoples mind at ease. We're the first campaign not to have 1 I believe. 1st and only to need ict qual. 1st to do PCA...

Why do they hate us so much?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Willow89

If there's 15 a day between now and august that would make around 600 to be put through medicals, wouldn't it?

I don't think they do them 5 days a week, just 2 I think? Anyone clarify?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sgt_fenners

Willow89 wrote: »

I actually thought she said to me there was one day of medicals per week...

• Advertisement

Willow89 wrote: »

From what i gathered from talking to the woman at the medical it was 1 a week. I could be wrong tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

Are they NHS doctors or Nurses?

Can't see the NHS sparing a staff member every day

I dont think so, I think they are permanently employed by OHW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

Fair enough then!!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

I actually thought she said to me there was one day of medicals per week...

Yeah when I did mine back in May they said there was one a week, mine was on a Tuesday, don't know if it's still running like that.

• Advertisement

Yeah when I did mine back in May they said there was one a week, mine was on a Tuesday, don't know if it's still running like that.

Yeh mine was the same day.

Probably the wrong thread for this but I SUPPOSE in a way it's medically related, anyone have a voucher where you recommend someone for laser eye surgery and they get a discount on it? Would like to get mine done before I start. Also if anyone has got it done for their medical, any clinics you would recommend or maybe avoid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

I believe they're are two days of medicals a week. The doctor doing them (or certainly the one who did mine) is contracted in by ohw.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭crinkley

Probably the wrong thread for this but I SUPPOSE in a way it's medically related, anyone have a voucher where you recommend someone for laser eye surgery and they get a discount on it? Would like to get mine done before I start. Also if anyone has got it done for their medical, any clinics you would recommend or maybe avoid?

Optimax on the lisburn road are doing 10% for July and I think august but definetley July. Also depending on where you work at the min they'll give you a discount

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bod02

new long time lurker- watching with much interest and jealousy! waiting impatiently for medical letter having done PCA about two weeks ago. anyone from round then got letter yet ? p s 44 year old male- can anyone beat that age ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ptsb1

Nah, this is a killer this shíte.

And a 4k pay cut before we even get in (if we get in)

Finally in possession of my medical forms!

I must apologise as I was mistaken and there is no PSNI insignia. I must've been thinking of the OHW logo but for what it's worth the form is nowhere near discreet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Dekkers wrote: »
    Finally in possession of my medical forms!

I must apologise as I was mistaken and there is no PSNI insignia. I must've been thinking of the OHW logo but for what it's worth the form is nowhere near discreet.

OMG!!!! You passed your PCA?!?! When was this? Today I'm assuming. Congrats my lovely, how was it?

Mop a top wrote: »
    OMG!!!! You passed your PCA?!?! When was this? Today I'm assuming. Congrats my lovely, how was it?

HAha passed my pca ages ago. Thanks anyway :)

Finally got them back from my gp. I left them in literally the day I passed and it took almost 5 weeks to get a few boxes ticked. Oh well, done now!

HAha passed my pca ages ago. Thanks anyway :)

Finally got them back from my gp. I left them in literally the day I passed and it took almost 5 weeks to get a few boxes ticked. Oh well, done now!

Lmfao!! I'm such a tit

• Advertisement

Mop a top wrote: »
    Lmfao!! I'm such a tit

Lol. No excuse for it mop.

Sure it's not like EVERY SINGLE HOUR feels like a day or anything :D

Lol. No excuse for it mop.

Sure it's not like EVERY SINGLE HOUR feels like a day or anything :D

Lol you got that right. I'm throwing in the towel. I've coped with some serious **** but this limbo is an absolute nightmare.

Hang in there Mop. Your time will come!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Suzuka

Folks maybe a silly question but if I was to get laser eye surgery and say for arguments sake my medical is in Jan/Feb would that be OK? Or does PSNI require a specific time period of healing for this? Ie must be over a year ago

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭col212

Had medical today, another waiting game! One guy supposed to be in before me didn't turn up, was the talk of the place

col212 wrote: »
    Had medical today, another waiting game! One guy supposed to be in before me didn't turn up, was the talk of the place

Really? Wouldn't have thought this was all that uncommon. Oh well 1 more place for someone who really wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭col212

Really? Wouldn't have thought this was all that uncommon. Oh well 1 more place for someone who really wants it.

I know thats what I thought but everyone I seen and people in the corridor seemed surprised enough lol

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ptsb1

Completed my medical today and got through OK. Now just need to wait for substance test results and then wait some more. Was worried about eye test but got through no bother ( I am -2.75 in one eye and -3.00 in the other). It is a relief to have it done as it was the last thing I thought I could fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭crinkley

ptsb1 wrote: »
    Completed my medical today and got through OK. Now just need to wait for substance test results and then wait some more. Was worried about eye test but got through no bother ( I am -2.75 in one eye and -3.00 in the other). It is a relief to have it done as it was the last thing I thought I could fail.

Wow, my sight would be similar but I thought no way would I pass and have looked into laser. Did you find it hard or not a problem?

• Advertisement

ptsb1 wrote: »

No need to wait on substance test results :) you'll only hear about those if you've got a fail! Well done on the eye part as well, mine were equally as bad but I have to say I really found it a struggle to meet the requirements. You must've been having a good day lol

Advertisement