Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

It could be true, when I got the call the lady asked me if im still interested... I was like hell yes I am :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 OnFire

Hi just wondering if anyone has got a medical date recently? Seems there hasn't been any in a week or two. For those who have been through the medical for campaign 14 do you know how much of the eyesight chart you had to read without glasses?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

OnFire wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if anyone has got a medical date recently? Seems there hasn't been any in a week or two. For those who have been through the medical for campaign 14 do you know how much of the eyesight chart you had to read without glasses?

There dont seem to have been any medicals last week that I can remember.
    As for the eyesight thing, I know on the old thread there was a link to a eyechart test. you might have to trawl through a few pages either way but its about halfway through if memory serves.

I was worried about my sight as I wear lenses but I took the blurb on the eyesight to my opticians who assured me I would pass it. I'm long sighted which probably helps.

Its gonna be fun the next week or two, end of the month means merit number and dear john letters:eek:

Batten down the hatches guys!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

I wonder is it last day of sept for merit numbers or what? its getting close anyway!!!:eek:

integra1 wrote: »
    I wonder is it last day of sept for merit numbers or what? its getting close anyway!!!:eek:

Exciting innit!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭bobbin88

Yeah, I was wondering too; I know it is the end of September when the merit list is ready, but when is everyone going to ring up? Literally the 30th?

good question indeed lol...

also guys in terms of merit numbers is it safe to say that to know if you have done well or not that if you are:

protestant background you need to be about 300 or below on list

RC background can be anything well beyond that even 600 and onwards etc??

just be good to know were one really stands around 30th september!!

cheers

also guys in terms of merit numbers is it safe to say that to know if you have done well or not that if you are:

cheers

We'll just have to wait and see. I know I know where I'd love to come in but the reality may be very different!!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

cheers

Well i will be hoping for under 300, but i dont see that happening as i didnt recieve any vetting forms. :(

from what boardies are saying vetting is quiet at present...but more to come.....any medicals recently I wonder????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 gaz1234

hey, had my medical yesterday. Was my first time....pretty daunting. For those with it coming up, be ready to lose a good chunk of hair!!!! Anyone any idea what the first intake will be for c14? Also the nurse said medicals would be going on for 2 months with 16 a day!! Have a mate who got the call there for nov but he was a c13.

gaz1234 wrote: »
    hey, had my medical yesterday. Was my first time....pretty daunting. For those with it coming up, be ready to lose a good chunk of hair!!!! Anyone any idea what the first intake will be for c14? Also the nurse said medicals would be going on for 2 months with 16 a day!! Have a mate who got the call there for nov but he was a c13.

2 months at 16 a day. Wow, they're rattling through them!
    Hope all went well for you anyway.
    Where'd they take the hair from. Mine is fairly short anyway. Good policewomans haircut LOL
    And congrats to your mate. He'll be keeping JVB company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

He'll be keeping JVB company.

... yep, I'm kind of like care in the community :D

cheers, they said they will send out results within 2 weeks. They take the hair from you crown. I have 2 big bald patches now!!! :)

cheers, they said they will send out results within 2 weeks. They take the hair from you crown. I have 2 big bald patches now!!! :)

No wayyyy!!!!!!! Please tell me you're winding.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

I have 2 big bald patches now!!! :)

I know exactly how you feel. PSNI wannabes are gonna stand out like sore thumbs!

lol , will be easily spotted!!

Holy moly. I'm seriously worried now. Not that I'l have a medical for yonks yet being a very late AC and vetting.

And hello Carlty!! Where you've been all night then? Playing with the 3 dimensional people I expect!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Hope they go easy on girls with long hair. I dont want a big bald or sticky up bit at the top of my head. Maybe they will take it from in below a wee bit.

How'd you find the hearing test? After a while all I could hear was my heart pounding in my chest.

Badum Badum Badum Ping Badum Badum

• Advertisement

carlty888 wrote: »
    How'd you find the hearing test? After a while all I could hear was my heart pounding in my chest.

Badum Badum Badum Ping Badum Badum

See, now I'm just thinking about the music from Jaws.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭conor123

taking bits of your hair must be a new thing then. didnt happen in the C13 medicals. or if they did then they cut it when my back was turned:eek:

conor123 wrote: »
    taking bits of your hair must be a new thing then. didnt happen in the C13 medicals. or if they did then they cut it when my back was turned:eek:

Yup its new for C14. Drugs testing. I'm testing positive for peroxide!

conor123 wrote: »

Christ, you've got long hair!

Holy moly. I'm seriously worried now. Not that I'l have a medical for yonks yet being a very late AC and vetting.

And hello Carlty!! Where you've been all night then? Playing with the 3 dimensional people I expect!

I've been having trouble getting a certain 3 year old off to sleep tonight. Finally found the chloroform, so she should be good now .....for an hour or so. :D

Don't worry about the bald spots. If you've any length in your hair, the old Bobby Charlton comb-over will work a treat. :D:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Zzoop

Yup its new for C14. Drugs testing. I'm testing positive for peroxide!

So.. eh... how long would say...Weed, Coke and E's stay in your system for?... You know.. Would one need to shave one's head?.. Just wondering.. you know... Like.. curiousity.. know what I mean?..

hearing test was weird...they advised me to keep my eyes closed because of the spots on the door which was sound advice!! I wasn't sure half the time whether i was imagining the beeps, so just clicked anyway!! :)

JVB wrote: »
    Christ, you've got long hair!

Ewwww hairy backed men. Cant be doing that at all. Yeuch.
    I do like some nice chesty hairs tho.
    :o

Zzoop wrote: »
    So.. eh... how long would say...Weed, Coke and E's stay in your system for?... You know.. Would one need to shave one's head?.. Just wondering.. you know... Like.. curiousity.. know what I mean?..

6 months and this topic is well covered in previous threads!

• Advertisement

Zzoop wrote: »

Unfortunately they'd move on to your armpits, chest, legs, back, crack and sack. Whatever it takes!

Advertisement