Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭bobbin88

I've only gone and gotten the flu! My medical is mere days away! ahhh! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

integra1 wrote: »
    Good question...I did mine 21 July, got Vetting forms but no medical yet....wonder if there will be medicals soon for our group? Anyone?

My AC was 9th June, vetting is complete/passed, but no medical date yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭FootyFan24

Good question...I did mine 21 July, got Vetting forms but no medical yet....wonder if there will be medicals soon for our group? Anyone?

I did mine 13th July (Friday the 13th, no longer a bad thing) and havent heard a thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

Footyfan, did you even get vetting yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭lolli-j

Hey!! New to this!

integra I did my ac on the 24th July and only got the med start of september, so i wouldn't worry.

Oh and whats the deal with the merit list coming out end of sept??:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

lolli-j wrote: »
    Oh and whats the deal with the merit list coming out end of sept??:)

We have been told by Recruitment that the Merit List would available at the end of September (although they mentioned possible delays when I called on Monday).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭FootyFan24

Footyfan, did you even get vetting yet?
    Sorry, I meant havent heard anything about the medical. Got my vetting forms through about a week after the a/c and posted them off a week later.

Thanks!! This is my first time applying etc and i've been trying to put it out of my head but no chance!

So do they post out or call where (or if) you're on the merit list? Sorry for daft questions!!

Thanks!! This is my first time applying etc and i've been trying to put it out of my head but no chance!

So do they post out or call where (or if) you're on the merit list? Sorry for daft questions!!

All who pass the A/C will be on the Merit List. The person who scores the highest will be number 1 on the list and it will work down from there.

When the list becomes available, someone will post a message on one of these threads. It's then up to you to ring PSNI Recruitment (028 90650222) to find out where you sit on the list.

Alternatively, you can sit tight and wait for PSNI to contact you with the dreaded Dear John letter or an offer of appointment. Although I doubt too many people will take this option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭belfastard

hey guys, still waitin on any word back on anything, phoned 2 weeks ago but my vetting was ongoing, its been sent off since around the start of july! so will check up on my merit pool number next week! does anyone have any idea about the medicals.....are they sent out at random or are they sent out, say for example in batches of 40 or 50....like the amount of people who are in each intake!

anyway soon all will be revealed...congrats to all who have a date for a medical! good luck!

• Advertisement

The medicals aren't sent out at random. They only seem to be being sent out to people who have previously received vetting forms. Receipt of a medical date does not mean that someone has passed vetting though. The vetting and the medicals run side-by-side.

I also doubt they're being done in batches. The nurse at my medical mentioned that they were having to put about 500 people through the medicals over the next few weeks. Gaz1234 was told that the medicals were (initially?) running for 2 months with 16 people being tested per day. So if there's truth in any of that, it'll mean 500-650 (ish) people over the next 4-8 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Carlty - have you had your C14 medical?!

Carlty - have you had your C14 medical?!

Yeah. I had it on Tuesday. A wonderful experience. Are you growing your hair?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭kelso69

carlty888 wrote: »
    Yeah. I had it on Tuesday. A wonderful experience. Are you growing your hair?? :D

How long does the Medical itself take? How much notice did you get? Also what happens if you don't have the required 3cm of hair? (I run hair clippers over mine twice a week to get it down to 3mm!)

You kept that one quiet or did I totally miss that post??!!!!

LOL

Yeah growing the goldilocks in the unlikely event I get called for medical!

And define wonderful experience!:confused:
    I'm guessing peeing came into it somewhere!

kelso69 wrote: »
    How long does the Medical itself take? How much notice did you get? Also what happens if you don't have the required 3cm of hair? (I run hair clippers over mine twice a week to get it down to 3mm!)

I received my medical invite two weeks prior to the medical. You have to complete and sign the medical questionaire and have your doctor complete and sign a section at the back. The MHQ must be brought to the medical with you along with photographic ID and your invite letter. .

The medical lasts between 1 and 2 hours (it depends on how many people are in at any one time).

If you are unable to provide a hair sample from your head, there are other places they can get hair!!! :eek::D Armpits/chest/back/crack/sack. They have to get it froms somewhere though, because failure to provide a sample will probably result in the termination of your application.

You kept that one quiet or did I totally miss that post??!!!!

LOL

Yeah growing the goldilocks in the unlikely event I get called for medical!

And define wonderful experience!:confused:
    I'm guessing peeing came into it somewhere!

Mentioned it earlier in passing. I slipped it in subtly. I'm a verbal ninja! :D:cool::rolleyes:

Don't worry about the afrore-mentioned "wonderful experience." I just kinda liked having to strip down in front of two waiting women. :D:D:D (please note the relevance of the three smiling faces)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭kelso69

I received my medical invite two weeks prior to the medical. You have to complete and sign the medical questionaire and have your doctor complete and sign a section at the back. The MHQ must be brought to the medical with you along with photographic ID and your invite letter. .

The medical lasts between 1 and 2 hours (it depends on how many people are in at any one time).

If you are unable to provide a hair sample from your head, there are other places they can get hair!!! :eek::D Armpits/chest/back/crack/sack. They have to get it froms somewhere though, because failure to provide a sample will probably result in the termination of your application.

I better had get messuring tonight then! :eek:

I take it you are C14? When was your IS and AC? How long after the AC did you receive your VF?

kelso69 wrote: »
    I better had get messuring tonight then! :eek:

I take it you are C14? When was your IS and AC? How long after the AC did you receive your VF?

Grow an extravagant beard!!! :D:D

I can't remember the exact dates, but I think the IST was at the end of April and the A/C in the middle of June. I only had to wait two weeks for the vetting forms (start of July) and I got my invite to the medical in the first week of September.

Maybe everyone already knows this BUT merit list id definately available from Monday according to rec branch today :D

• Advertisement

Maybe everyone already knows this BUT merit list id definately available from Monday according to rec branch today :D

OMG!!!!!!
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 HGVwannab

I'm sooooo scared to ask bout my merit pool. Poor Recruitment are gonna be tortured by us lot tomorrow. Bet it's just constantly engaged. Think I'm gonna be sick. I'll cry if I do worse than C13!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭bobbin88

Sorry if this has already been asked, but what length of hair do they take? I only have little hairs! Well, short hair!
    And also, can they fail you at the medical if you are sick on the day? Cos I have my medical in a few days and I have the flu and sore throat :(
    And finally!
    MERIT LIST!
    oooo

I wasn't too nervous before, but now i'm panicking!! My brother ended up giving up and joining in Scotland...I don't want to have to do that :(

Plus I seemed to get my medical date quickish from what i read on here...i only completed the ac end of july and my vetting only got posted off a couple weeks ago.

Lots of luck to everyone for Monday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Zzoop

DOUBLE ZOMG!

Zzoop wrote: »
    DOUBLE ZOMG!
    Show off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

Folks,

Any idea how near the Med centre is to Belfast city centre. Coming from Dublin, would it be easier to drive or get the train? If driving is it easy enough to find or would I be driving round for hours? What do people wear to the Med? Casual enough or is it shirt and tie job?

Thanks in advance

Folks,

Any idea how near the Med centre is to Belfast city centre. Coming from Dublin, would it be easier to drive or get the train? If driving is it easy enough to find or would I be driving round for hours? What do people wear to the Med? Casual enough or is it shirt and tie job?

Thanks in advance

Its nowhere near Belfast centre, its Carrickfergus. Much easier for you to drive.
    Most people seem to wear tracksuit to med, casual and comfortable seem to be the order of the day. You need to be able to bend and stretch so it would make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

OMGGM!!

• Advertisement

Rainbow Brite is in da house!!!

Advertisement