Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Yeah thought id add a bit of pazzazz:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

carlty888 wrote: »
    Armpits/chest/back/crack/sack.

hahahahhahahahahhahahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

lolli-j wrote: »
    Maybe everyone already knows this BUT merit list id definately available from Monday according to rec branch today :D

Now im just going to feel sick all weekend ohthedrama.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Gee-22 wrote: »

Join the club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

Join the club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

& all next weekend from partying after merit list! ;)

• Advertisement

JVB wrote: »

& all next weekend from partying drowning my sorrows after merit list!

God I hope so!!!!:p
    Celebrating or drowning sorrows. Either way there's a mighty load of drink involved heh heh.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Mark63

Got the medical form today - after sending back the vetting only a little while ago. Surprised at how quick it was!

Question though - in the bit where they ask you to put any sick days over the past 3 years what did people put down? I had only 2 2 days off over that time and I know roughly when they were but there was probably 2 or 3 single days that I have no idea when they were. What are you meant to do?

Just curious also as in the earlier letter I thought they said the PSNI would be in contact in late September with regard to the merit score. What people have said here is that the only way you get it is calling up. Would it not be better if they poste din out on a paticular day - cutting down on all the calls?

God I hope so!!!!:p
    Celebrating or drowning sorrows. Either way there's a mighty load of drink involved heh heh.;)

MGH did you recieved c14 vetting forms?

MGH did you recieved c14 vetting forms?

Yup!:D
    Got them over 2 weeks ago and sent them safely back.
    Just gotta wait now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 gaz1234

Found out today that i have passed the medical :) only done it a few days ago! Hopefully it is a good sign! Anyone else done med and heard back? Carlty?

gaz1234 wrote: »
    Found out today that i have passed the medical :) only done it a few days ago! Hopefully it is a good sign! Anyone else done med and heard back? Carlty?

Well done mate!:D
    Still waiting for mine but Vetting not away all that long so just cooling me cookies.

Mark63 wrote: »
    Question though - in the bit where they ask you to put any sick days over the past 3 years what did people put down? I had only 2 2 days off over that time and I know roughly when they were but there was probably 2 or 3 single days that I have no idea when they were. What are you meant to do?

22 days? Yikes! To be honest Mark they are looking for any extended period of absence which will show that you maybe have an 'issue' that needs addressing. A guesstimate of your days off will suffice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Mark63

No 2 sets of 2 days - I know it looked like something else!

Lesson - be careful how you write things!

No 2 sets of 2 days - I know it looked like something else!

Haha, it did. You'll be grand mate, dates as near to will be ok.

Lesson - be careful how you write things!

You're right. The most innocent of comments can be misconstrued. It happens to me all the time! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Congratulations man. You're just waiting for word on your drugs test now.

I had my medical on Tuesday, so maybe (hopefully) I'll get something (positive) tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 gaz1234

yeh mate, good luck! I think (?) i spotted the address on the sealed envelope was somewhere in England, so drugs test might take a bit longer!

p.s. as long as the test isn't positive that is! :)

yeh mate, good luck! I think (?) i spotted the address on the sealed envelope was somewhere in England, so drugs test might take a bit longer!

p.s. as long as the test isn't positive that is! :)

That's true. Looking for some positive and negative news. :D

You're right. The most innocent of comments can be misconstrued. It happens to me all the time! :rolleyes:

And usually with good reason.
    Smut-meister

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

i did my med over two weeks ago, got the pass letter a few days after, but never a letter about the drugs test. I just presumed the pass letter accounted for both of them.
    does it not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭BadCopGingerCop

Alright folks,

had my medical today and now look like a monk thanks to the free haircut! I LIKE!

Just a case of waiting to see if my mole like left eye passed the mark on the eye test. Everything else appeared grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

Is there a urine sample taken AND a haircut? or just the haircut? I remember my last medical (for another job) requiring a urine sample which I was unprepared for, cue some 'stage fright' and a lot of water drinking.

Alright folks,

had my medical today and now look like a monk thanks to the free haircut! I LIKE!

I'm getting a bit worried about this hair business now!!:eek:

I'm getting a bit worried about this hair business now!!:eek:

Snip snip snip. :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭kelso69

Alright folks,

Just a case of waiting to see if my mole like left eye passed the mark on the eye test. Everything else appeared grand.

So they DO cut it rather than yank it out by the roots?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 OnFire

Alright folks,

Hey BCGC I'm also worried about my eyesight and have med coming up soon! Do they test both eyes separately without glasses? What line do you have to read to without glasses with each eye?

kelso69 wrote: »
    So they DO cut it rather than yank it out by the roots?

They grab a lump of hair (about a pencils width) and cut it close to the roots. Twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭lolli-j

Sorry!!! Thought it better to let you know!!:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 neoruss

merit list is now available.

Advertisement