Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

Was anyone able to confirm if it was available today?

I phoned when I got up (nightshift) however they'd all gone home.

Edit: Nevermind. Confirmed it myself with my poirot-esque investigating skills (checked the vetting thread) :P

Looks like I'll have to wait til monday :<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭lolli-j

Ok so i called up got my place.....could someone explain to me what is a decent place?? I've n clue about this and dont know whether to drown my sorrows or celebrate tonight!!!!

ANd thanks for letting me know it was out today as rec branch had told me monday!!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭jim2008

lolli-j wrote: »
    Ok so i called up got my place.....could someone explain to me what is a decent place?? I've n clue about this and dont know whether to drown my sorrows or celebrate tonight!!!!

ANd thanks for letting me know it was out today as rec branch had told me monday!!!! :)
    Well for C13 they took in 440, and that was 220 R/c and 220 other. So could depend on your background. There are people from R/c backgrounds who have been offered a place and had a number in the 800 s . What is your merit number roughly and what is your background?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭BadCopGingerCop

They take 4 snips of hair very close to the root. For fellas it leaves quite a wee mark but for ladies it's possible to cover it with your flowing locks if your have any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Delta2783

Hi Guys, Im new to this I currently work for the PSNI as a Station Enquiry assistant. I applied for the 1st time and have got my medical on the 8th of October! really nervous! I went to specsavers to see if my eyes were up to the required standard and the unaided one is just about. Im really nervous that their assesment may be different any tips? My BMI is 22.5

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Delta2783

Hi Guys, Im new to this I currently work for the PSNI as a Station Enquiry assistant. I applied for the 1st time and have got my medical on the 8th of October! really nervous!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Got word this morning that I've passed the medical. Happy days! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Maura2145

hey there people
    anybody any idea what the deal is with requesting a new medical date? are they always given and how long usually would it take to get another date?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Did you get one maura?

Dont think they let you change the date

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Maura2145 wrote: »
    hey there people
    anybody any idea what the deal is with requesting a new medical date? are they always given and how long usually would it take to get another date?
    Thanks

Unfortunately the invite letter states that it will not be possible to change your medical date. Occupational Health are very funny about that. There might be some leniancy for extreme cases though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

carlty888 wrote: »
    Got word this morning that I've passed the medical. Happy days! :D

Excellent. I love it when a plan comes together!!!

Congrats Carlty!

yes i got one this morning. scheduled for a few wks time. im guessin the phone lines are gona be jammed on monday with this merit score business. only checked the forum today, wish i hadnt now! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭kelso69

Maura2145 wrote: »
    Congrats Carlty!

yes i got one this morning. scheduled for a few wks time. im guessin the phone lines are gona be jammed on monday with this merit score business. only checked the forum today, wish i hadnt now! :)

Well done. How much notice do they give? When was your AC by the way?

kelso69 wrote: »
    Well done. How much notice do they give? When was your AC by the way?

My AC was August 13th. And they have given me just under 2 weeks notice for medical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭bobbin88

Got my medical this week coming, and was just reading over my MHQ to make sure I have everything filled in!
    What is an allowed amount of time off?
    I have 5days in the last 3 years due to a twisted ankle, because my job at the time involved alot of walking?
    And also, what additional information do you have to provide?
    I had a broken leg and arm, but my GP said I did not need to include any other information than answering the q's about it on the form?
    Can anyone shed anylight on these?
    Thanks!

Do you have to include the odd day here and there for a 'headace' and what not or is it just periods off for flu and illnesses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Sadie OOO!!!

Do you have to include the odd day here and there for a 'headace' and what not or is it just periods off for flu and illnesses?

kelso. if you dont mind can i ask what your merit number and backround is. just pm me and tell you mine aswell. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

kelso. if you dont mind can i ask what your merit number and backround is. just pm me and tell you mine aswell. thanks.

C'mon over to the Genreal Thread. Bit of Banter for a Saturday evening!

Does anyone know what would be the highest score to get selected. 900+?.

Hello Sadie. Did you not get my PM yesterday?

• Advertisement

no never recieved it.

just checked my inbox there. thankyov for your reply. much appreciated.

In the last three years I've not been off for any thing I'd consider a 'medical condition' and my GP will contest to this. The odd bit of flu or hang over. Should I state that I've had no time off work in the past three years or do I need to include silly things? :confused:

leave wee silly days blank. dont include them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭pablissimo

Hi there are presently people in GV with merit scores of 700+ (RC background)....

leave wee silly days blank. dont include them.

I used to work with a guy who was a real "Sick leave" monster. He claimed all sorts, but the absences were mainly mental health issues.

He had a lot of sickies, his attendance was shockingly bad. My friend was his line manager and she had hell with him.

He obviously did not declare these as he is a serving officer now, having completed GV within the last 2 years. His poor attendance ran right up to the month prior to leaving for GV.

They don't check out your work obviously, but I wouldn't chance it. Just in case.

pablissimo wrote: »
    Hi there are presently people in GV with merit scores of 700+ (RC background)....

there are people on here that got in with 800s and some 900s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭el_nino_9

pablissimo wrote: »

hi what score are people there with a non RC background?

el_nino_9 wrote: »
    hi what score are people there with a non RC background?

from what i hear on here. non rc 1-300. rc 1-800+.

• Advertisement

Hi there I am not sure, but I can imagine you will really have to be high up the list, proabably in the top 300 for a non RC.

Lets face it, there are A LOT of repeat applicants, therefore the standard is high (presumably because of all the practice they get going through these campaigns). My pal was early 200's (RC background) and she got in for April/May. But she knows of RC's currently there who are mid to high 700's.

50/50 must make it frustrating for those not getting in with reasonably low merit (ie 300+) scores. But that is another discussion completely.

Good luck to all tomorrow. Hope to see you all soon in GV.....

How the feck am I gonna sleep tonight, and I have my medical tomorrow, can just imagine my ECG and blood pressure being fantastic (although it was 110/70 on Friday, my doctor said I was as cool as a cucumber).....

One sheep, two sheep, three sheep.......ARGH!

Advertisement