Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Sadie OOO!!!

tdpt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

tdpt

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭pablissimo

:confused:

Ditto

Maybe Sunday lunch has started early in Derry

lol :p

head fried hi. bed at 4 this morning back up at 7 with the baby. not good.

pablissmo. i know a few guys got in with merits of 900+. catholic numbers applying are suppose to be decreasing so hopefully it will make it better for everyone else.

• Advertisement

pablissmo. i know a few guys got in with merits of 900+. catholic numbers applying are suppose to be decreasing so hopefully it will make it better for everyone else.
    Ha ha ha. Baby + Hangover = Hell on Earth

Note to self go to Foyleside order SKY+ (free til end of month too) from your doll outside Fosters and stick the sprog in front of the CBeebies on Sunday in future...It won't harm their development....hardly at all....

I am nervous as hell. Judging by the fact I have my med tomorrow I am reasonably well up the list. Me and the other half were talking last night about it, and my going to GV, we are just in a relationship (well a year but its a long story) and now it sounds as if i'll be going up (subject to med and vetting). Talking about training, shifts, how our kids will be, PPW's, dissident activity, etc starts to really hit home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

pablissimo wrote: »
    Hi there I am not sure, but I can imagine you will really have to be high up the list, proabably in the top 300 for a non RC.

Lets face it, there are A LOT of repeat applicants, therefore the standard is high (presumably because of all the practice they get going through these campaigns). My pal was early 200's (RC background) and she got in for April/May. But she knows of RC's currently there who are mid to high 700's.

50/50 must make it frustrating for those not getting in with reasonably low merit (ie 300+) scores. But that is another discussion completely.

Good luck to all tomorrow. Hope to see you all soon in GV.....

How the feck am I gonna sleep tonight, and I have my medical tomorrow, can just imagine my ECG and blood pressure being fantastic (although it was 110/70 on Friday, my doctor said I was as cool as a cucumber).....

One sheep, two sheep, three sheep.......ARGH!

Non RCs 300 and below then guys it looks like...anyone know of non rcs with higher than this making the cut???

I'd say 350 would be the absolute maximum for non rc.

I am totally totally bricking this phone call tomorrow.
    I've had Vetting but I have no idea if this means anything, I know people have phoned Recruitment and Vetting and been told it only went out to the high scorers thus far but even so.

My stomach is in knots...

I've had Vetting but I have no idea if this means anything, I know people have phoned Recruitment and Vetting and been told it only went out to the high scorers thus far but even so.

I know how you feel.....

Am dying for a small drink to aid the forthcoming night of nervousness....But as the medical is tomorrow.....I wouldn't want to produce a "wee" sample that could be alcoholic....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

I cant wait to get it over with, it's been all I've thought of all weekend!
    I'm just about to go out to work and i'm glad of something to take my mind off it!
    I'm an RC background and i've had my Medical and Vetting and i know that looks quite promising, but i'm gonna be really annoyed if my merit is above 440.
    I hate when people i speak to say, 'Oh, your a catholic, you'll get in no bother' and i'd hate to spend the next 30 years listening to that!!

• Advertisement

I cant wait to get it over with, it's been all I've thought of all weekend!
    I'm just about to go out to work and i'm glad of something to take my mind off it!
    I'm an RC background and i've had my Medical and Vetting and i know that looks quite promising, but i'm gonna be really annoyed if my merit is above 440.
    I hate when people i speak to say, 'Oh, your a catholic, you'll get in no bother' and i'd hate to spend the next 30 years listening to that!!
    Ditto I want to be 440 or less. I want to get in on my own steam.

me to Mrs GH, I'll tell you why i am bricking it so much, because there are people on here who I have sent-received pms with and they had their assess centres etc well after us and they have medical dates already, not sure what that means but!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭FootyFan24

integra1 wrote: »
    Non RCs 300 and below then guys it looks like...anyone know of non rcs with higher than this making the cut???
    A mate of mine got 300-350 in C13 and is now in training and hes a non RC, so its possible, just takes time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

pablissimo wrote: »
    Ditto I want to be 440 or less. I want to get in on my own steam.

To be sure people get in on 'their own steam' the 50/50 rule should be scrapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Guys, the 50:50 is gonna be here for a year or two yet. We know the playing field when we first apply, so nobody can complain about getting screwed over by it.

As a non-RC, I applied for one of 220 non-RC places. I'm competing against other non-RC's. It's the same for someone with an RC background. In that sense we all get in under our own steam.

well said carlty. the reason this 50/50 was introduced was to try and create a force thats recognised by all aspects of the community.

i think the 50:50 is here till 2011. there trying to get numbers up to 35% catholic which is still under represented in the psni. but its the way forward. end of. sorry

While I understand and support the need for the 50:50, I can also appreciate why so many people would want to see it scrapped. Regrettably it's an unfortunate necessity.

This country needs a representative police force. It's just a shame that so many people are getting bullied out of helping to provide it.

Gee-22 wrote: »
    To be sure people get in on 'their own steam' the 50/50 rule should be scrapped.

I knew when i typed that message it would be Controversial, but every one is allowed their opinion.

I knew the process before i started FACT
    Its going to be here a few more years FACT
    I wont complain about it if i get a dear John letter FACT
    The 50% RC 50% other process is discrimination FACT

Again i would like to state im not trying to start a row.

Gee-22 wrote: »
    I knew when i typed that message it would be Controversial, but every one is allowed their opinion.

I knew the process before i started FACT
    Its going to be here a few more years FACT
    I wont complain about it if i get a dear John letter FACT
    The 50% RC 50% other process is discrimination FACT

Again i would like to state im not trying to start a row.

we can all say as many facts as we like. but we need a police force to represent every aspect of the community. one for all and all for one.

• Advertisement

One for all and all for one?

Allright Dartagnan!

Guys, as this is the medical thread, it'd probably be best to move this topic to another thread.

we can all say as many facts as we like. but we need a police force to represent every aspect of the community. one for all and all for one.

Then we should bring in a 25% Protestant, 25% Rc, 25% Polish, 25% Chinese ratio to represent every aspect of the community, to use your phrase.

Why do all Police forces not have this kind of ratio? eg the London met should have a 50% black 50% other ratio.

Sadie we will have to agree to disagree on this issue me thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭BadCopGingerCop

Folks,

can anyone explain to me how the merit scores work e.g. whats a bad one? How do they range? like is 1 good and 900 bad?

Im gonna call up for mine tomorrow, does anyone know the number?

Cheers.

Folks,

can anyone explain to me how the merit scores work e.g. whats a bad one? How do they range? like is 1 good and 900 bad?

Im gonna call up for mine tomorrow, does anyone know the number?

Cheers.
    02890650222 and ask for recruitment

No1 is the best and so on down the list.

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭BadCopGingerCop

youre well on the ball this evenin MGH I tells thee!

Read through the general thread there after my departure, pure smut!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

Got that phone number saved in my phone now!
    Everyone one geared up to call up tomorrow?
    Best of luck everyone!
    Looking forward to getting in tomorrow night after work to see how everyone's feeling then!

GOOD LUCK!!

Thanks Inspector, I am bricking it!!! tomor night we will all know where we stand anyways!:confused:
    all the best folks!

I predict alot of sleepless nights a head.

Its been a long time coming. I think my phones redial button will be well worn by tomorrow night.

Good morning all, its my Medical today AND I will be calling about the merit list placing...

Just imagine how much sleep I got.....:(

Been told to beat ibuprofen into me 'cos of the strecthing excercises, I have had ligament damage within the last four weeks :(

I'll be happy with a pass at the medical at the minute....

I'll probably fall asleep on the doctor's couch :eek:

Good luck to all today...especially Recruitment section as they will be dealing with a greater influx of calls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Delta2783

Hi Guys! Got my merit place this morning! Less that 150! Medical in a weeks time and vetting forms already sent off! Im from RC background do you think that would be a good enough score to get in? Im new to this and this is the 1st time i have applied?

Advertisement