Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

Delta2783 wrote: »
    Hi Guys! Got my merit place this morning! Less that 150! Medical in a weeks time and vetting forms already sent off! Im from RC background do you think that would be a good enough score to get in? Im new to this and this is the 1st time i have applied?

pass the medical and you are offically in.. well done!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭kelso69

pass the medical and you are offically in.. well done!!

Exactly. Assuming you pass the Medical and your Vetting goes through quickly (i.e it doesn't take a year! or you fail it), you're in, no doubt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Delta2783

OMG im so nervous about the medical, my doc signed all the forms and everything sayin that he didnt have any concerns etc, so fingers crossed. What about you guys what scores etc did u get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

160- 180 me!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Delta2783

Congrats! Mabye if all goes well with medical/vetting will see some of you in Garnverville. I didnt find out about this site until recently! Its preety cool!

• Advertisement

it is mate very helpful and guys are all sound on it! i'm quite new to!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭squirrel81

its a great site, well done Delta! You got a brill score :) We may well be fellow campers at GV, imagine :eek::D the smilies are busy today, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Delta2783 wrote: »
    Congrats! Mabye if all goes well with medical/vetting will see some of you in Garnverville. I didnt find out about this site until recently! Its preety cool!

Coo aint the word. We rock!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Louisiana 1927

Merit no mid-300's. Disappointed, non-rc background. I need at least 127 rc's in front of me coz i'm in that place where it may be possible & then it may not be possible!!!.

Waitin game once again.:(

Merit no 3**. Disappointed, non-rc background. I need at least 127 rc's in front of me coz i'm in that place where it may be possible 7 then it may not be possible!!!.

Take your exact number off!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Merit no 3**. Disappointed, non-rc background. I need at least 1** rc's in front of me coz i'm in that place where it may be possible 7 then it may not be possible!!!.

That's actually a good score pal. Who's to say there aren't 300 RC's ahead of you in the Merit List??? Plenty of people fail vetting and medicals or don't take up posts when offered.

There have been non-RC's in Garnerville from campaign 13 who were placed in the mid-late 300's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭BadCopGingerCop

Got a merit score between 30-40. Ive been informed by the very clued in MGH that this is a pretty good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭MrAnderson

Got a merit score between 30-40. Ive been informed by the very clued in MGH that this is a pretty good one.

Flamin excellent my friend!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Holy Crap!!!! Good on ya. You da man! :D

carlty888 wrote: »
    Holy Crap!!!! Good on ya. You da man! :D

Oh please dont his head will explode!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭BadCopGingerCop

Cheers folks, very surprised myself. It'll be my new lottery number. Just hope my bad eye doesnt let me down!

Take your exact number off!!!!!

AAAAGGGGHHHHH!!! Soz!! I didnt think!!

This hasnt been a good day, double:( today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

Cheers folks, very surprised myself. It'll be my new lottery number. Just hope my bad eye doesnt let me down!

Tell me about it, I've several hurdles to jump on this forthcoming medical. One is a dodgy right eye (short sighted). I wear glasses though for driving etc.

I read in the medical standards sheet something about "in best eye", does that mean if you can read the board with one eye, the fact that you can't with the other won't mess you up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 wannabe85

hey people, new to all this ... altho bin reading it for ages and has helpd me with alot of the process! got merit number and between 60 and 100. so pretty pleased! but annoyed at same time coz not sure iv passed my medical! not sure the old eyesights up scratch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭owen1976

MrFug wrote: »

I read in the medical standards sheet something about "in best eye", does that mean if you can read the board with one eye, the fact that you can't with the other won't mess you up?

Where would you get a copy of the psni medical standards? I know there is a brief description on the consenia website but is there a more in dept one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭pb999

wannabe85 wrote: »
    hey people, new to all this ... altho bin reading it for ages and has helpd me with alot of the process! got merit number and between 60 and 100. so pretty pleased! but annoyed at same time coz not sure iv passed my medical! not sure the old eyesights up scratch!

i'm the same, had my medical a couple of weeks ago and still no results, the longer i wait the more i think i've failed due to a sports injury, kinda hoping no news=good news, dont have the balls to ring for my merit number, i dont want to get my hopes up if its good only to find out i've failed medical!

owen whats on consensia is the most detailed you'll get in terms of medical standards/guidelines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

Congrats to everyone on merit placements.... we have all done so very well considering the phenomenal numbers of folk that applied.:D

Can I just ask if anyone who has scored in the 300s has had word of a medical date yet? I have had vetting, sent off beg' Sept, don't know if completed, and I know that there are lots of appointments for medicals already booked for the next while but not necessarily sent out yet (as i rang and asked, however, I was too chicken to as if one for myself was there in black and white!)

O dearie me, am not sure i could go through all the angst again in C15.... ha ha who am I kiddin!

Congrats to everyone on merit placements.... we have all done so very well considering the phenomenal numbers of folk that applied.:D

Can I just ask if anyone who has scored in the 300s has had word of a medical date yet? I have had vetting, sent off beg' Sept, don't know if completed, and I know that there are lots of appointments for medicals already booked for the next while but not necessarily sent out yet (as i rang and asked, however, I was too chicken to as if one for myself was there in black and white!)

O dearie me, am not sure i could go through all the angst again in C15.... ha ha who am I kiddin!

I think it was mentioned on another thread that medicals are being conducted in merit order so they wouldnt have hit the 300s yet. Someone also posted that there are about 16 per day and they'll be going on for the next two months. Plus you only get about 2 weeks notice for a med so in the 300s I wouldnt expect to hear for a while yet. ( this includes me by the way!!! High 300s merit )

I think it was mentioned on another thread that medicals are being conducted in merit order so they wouldnt have hit the 300s yet. Someone also posted that there are about 16 per day and they'll be going on for the next two months. Plus you only get about 2 weeks notice for a med so in the 300s I wouldnt expect to hear for a while yet. ( this includes me by the way!!! High 300s merit )

I have to say that i know peeps who scored in the mid to late 100's & they have had no word of a med date yet, nor have i & i am in the mid 300's.

Meds are booked up until xmas, know that much. spoke to rec & they said that they had sent for aabout 300 for meds so i don't know how it could be in merit order if i know of at least two in the 100's who have yet to recieve word of a med date.

Just puttin it out there, just puttin it out there.:cool:

Also, i think the meds started rougly at the beginning of september, certainly the first week, so if they were approx conducting say 16 per day then over the course of three workin weeks they would have seen approx 255, & if they were being done in order of merit then certainly the peeps i know would have had there meds.

Hmmm, but then i guess there's also a lot of speculation, nobody REALLY knows any hard facts or figures, for example, we couldnt account for any unforseen circumstances on the part of OHU, not really.

Oh how i hate the uncertainty of it all!!!

Is it a possibility that its linked to Vetting? You know, if your vetting hit a certain point with no hitches then could that be the trigger to get you in for med?

Oh maybe I'm talking poo, I'm going to bed, I barely slept last night for worrying about this morning!!!!

Congratulations everyone today, no matter what your merit, remember roughly 9000 people applied for these jobs, so we have all done very well to get this far. What will be will be, I've said to some of you in PMs today until you get a letter telling you its over for you this campaign then you are still in the running. Thanks also to everyone for all your positive messages to me today. My initial reaction to my merit was :eek: but on reflection its more like:)
    You cant keep a good MGH down. ( unless you hold her head of course! :eek:)

Chin(s) up everyone!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

I have to say that i know peeps who scored in the mid to late 100's & they have had no word of a med date yet, nor have i & i am in the mid 300's.

Meds are booked up until xmas, know that much. spoke to rec & they said that they had sent for aabout 300 for meds so i don't know how it could be in merit order if i know of at least two in the 100's who have yet to recieve word of a med date.

Just puttin it out there, just puttin it out there.:cool:

Also, i think the meds started rougly at the beginning of september, certainly the first week, so if they were approx conducting say 16 per day then over the course of three workin weeks they would have seen approx 255, & if they were being done in order of merit then certainly the peeps i know would have had there meds.

Hmmm, but then i guess there's also a lot of speculation, nobody REALLY knows any hard facts or figures, for example, we couldnt account for any unforseen circumstances on the part of OHU, not really.

Oh how i hate the uncertainty of it all!!!

Yep the uncertainty is certainly summat that sucks!!! How sorry do you feel for the staff in recruitment, having bags of nerves & queries like us lot ringing them all the time..... if they are reading, good on yas! You all deserve a payrise!

That's the spirit MGH, I like your style!:D

I think you did very well for a first ac, 9000 odd people, you can't be bad to that kid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

The first medicals happened on the 9th of september, there were roughly 16 that day. There were none the following day or for at least the next week and a half.;)

Makes it kinda hard to do the sums when things are this random.

I'd say it a pretty fair assumption that occupational health and therapy have other services to provide the psni than just medicals for recruitment, so they can't just do medicals continually for 2 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 gaz1234

Inspector, I think you are right. When i was there for my med,there were quite a few serving officers with appointments coming and going. This could mean they cannot do meds all day, every day.

For those worrying about eyesight, the consensia website has the requirements. I printed them off and took them to my optician and he told me i met the requirements. At least that way you can be sure before you go to the med! I wear glasses for driving and i met the standard unaided.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Mark63

If coming up by train for the medical how long would it take to go to the medical venue. Is there a bus taht goes or how much would a taxi cost?

Advertisement