Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

Mark63 wrote: »
    If coming up by train for the medical how long would it take to go to the medical venue. Is there a bus taht goes or how much would a taxi cost?

You could get a train from belfast to carrickfergus and get a taxi, yeah. The venue isn't that far from the centre of carrickfergus so I'd say a taxi would be no more than £5 tops. Though You'd needa make sure you were running half an hour early just to be on the safe side!!
    Knowing translink you'd probably need to be running a day early!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 WEE SCOT

Congrats to everyone on merit placements.... we have all done so very well considering the phenomenal numbers of folk that applied.:D

Can I just ask if anyone who has scored in the 300s has had word of a medical date yet? I have had vetting, sent off beg' Sept, don't know if completed, and I know that there are lots of appointments for medicals already booked for the next while but not necessarily sent out yet (as i rang and asked, however, I was too chicken to as if one for myself was there in black and white!)

O dearie me, am not sure i could go through all the angst again in C15.... ha ha who am I kiddin!

I sent of my vetting beg of Aug - no medical date. Scored high 300s. Too chicken to phone and ask when vetting letter clearly says not to. Hate all the waiting around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Sadie OOO!!!

yous guys/Gals are lucky keep the chins up and stop panicking

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bc84

still waiting on my medical date myself, hopefully it comes through, should have asked yesterday when i was on the phone about the merit pool. cacking it incase i dont get called for one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Chris86

sorry if this has been asked before, looked through a fair amount of pages and couldn't find anything.

Where do you find your merit pool number?

Sent my vetting forms off at the start of Aug and heard nothing since.
    Starting to get slightly worried.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Mr.Anderson

Chris86 wrote: »
    sorry if this has been asked before, looked through a fair amount of pages and couldn't find anything.

Where do you find your merit pool number?

Sent my vetting forms off at the start of Aug and heard nothing since.
    Starting to get slightly worried.

Hi Chris,

You need to ring up 02890 650222 and ask for recruitment, have your UID number ready and ask them what your merit score is...they will be able to give it to you.

great thanks very much,
    sorry, one more........

i've read about people getting a call about the medical,
    do they send you a letter or do they ring you?

I had a missed call from a number i didn't recognise the other week and just ignored it. Now i'm really regretting not ringing it back.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Mr.Anderson

Chris86 wrote: »
    great thanks very much,
    sorry, one more........

i've read about people getting a call about the medical,
    do they send you a letter or do they ring you?

I had a missed call from a number i didn't recognise the other week and just ignored it. Now i'm really regretting not ringing it back.:(

For my medical, i got a letter, you always get a letter, even if they call and you miss it, a letter will always be sent out too! Don't worry too much about it mate, it'll be in the post somewhere!;)

2 for 2 thanks very much! just realised there is a thread for the number aswell!! im sorry.

Does the office dealing with the merit pool have certain opening hours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭bobbin88

Does anyone know roughly this year how long medical results take to come out?
    I know they say two weeks, but sometimes its earlier/later?
    Also, I asked the man yesterday taking the hair sample( who left me with a HUGE bald patch btw, not a good look for a gal!) about the results for those and he said they get sent back to Occupational Health, so if you get a pass letter for medical does that mean you have passed both, or has anyone received seperate letters?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

How big a bald patch!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭bobbin88

big enough for people to go "omg what happened your hair, you have a big bald patch!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Sadie OOO!!!

is there anyone on here with a merit of 700s or 800s who has recieved vetting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭squirrel81

i rang up, i caved, i feel wick now. Pestering the poor staff at recruitment, the girl was lovely on the phone though. So, I asked if I had a medical scheduled, the answer was no, just to to wait. :(

I wonder if it is in order of who's vetting is completed, mine will likely take ages 'cos ive lived everywhere. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

Squirrell,

I think I am going to have to just wait like yourself now on a med, I think we are both in a very similar boat....score wise and medical wise etc....

Integra....

we may have to get used to waiting anyway, going by some of the previous posts on this thread!

yes indeed....could be in waiting for quite some time dude....here's hoping not toooooo long eh?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭lolli-j

I'm panicking about my medical...cant think of any problems i could have with it but still.......:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

Has anyone with a history of IBS been to a medical or know what the score is?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭el_nino_9

squirrel81 wrote: »
    i rang up, i caved, i feel wick now. Pestering the poor staff at recruitment, the girl was lovely on the phone though. So, I asked if I had a medical scheduled, the answer was no, just to to wait. :(

I wonder if it is in order of who's vetting is completed, mine will likely take ages 'cos ive lived everywhere. :o

hey, i tried to ring up to see how my vetting was coming along and if i had a medical scheduled but the girl said she could only give me my merit number. is there a different department you have to ring up about vetting and medical? cheers

• Advertisement

MrFug wrote: »

Thanks

dont mean to sound stupid mr fug but what is IBS?

el_nino_9 wrote: »
    hey, i tried to ring up to see how my vetting was coming along and if i had a medical scheduled but the girl said she could only give me my merit number. is there a different department you have to ring up about vetting and medical? cheers

Same number, she did say she couldnt give any exact information, but could see that a medical hadnt been scheduled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

el_nino_9 wrote: »
    dont mean to sound stupid mr fug but what is IBS?

Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Sounds glamourous eh? I suffered a bit from I was a kid until a few years ago. Free from symptoms now but still a bit worried.

Same number, she did say shou couldnt give any exact information, but could see that a medical hadnt been scheduled.

ok no problem thanks, i dont think she was best pleased with me as i didnt realise that they would record that i rang up yesterday to get my merit number, lol! i just tried to make it out like it was my first time ringing! il just have to wait on word!

Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Sounds glamourous eh? I suffered a bit from I was a kid until a few years ago. Free from symptoms now but still a bit worried.

nah im sure that it will be grand, would be different if you have still got the symptons. your doctors report should clear it up!

This may also sound stupid, but why are they recording if you ring up re merit number etc?

integra1 wrote: »
    This may also sound stupid, but why are they recording if you ring up re merit number etc?

i dont mean recording but they obviously know if you have already rang up about your merit number, she was able to say that i rang up yesterday. maybe i just got the same person but didnt they could remember specific people with the number of people ringing up, especially yesterday!

she knew i had rung yesterday too, im not sure, maybe they have a close eye on us through this forum :eek::eek::p

Thanks

sure you will be fine, i think with illnesses and such they will look at how it impacted on your day to day life, ie if you carried on working without any problems and it didnt cause much disruption then it cant be much of a barrier.

That sounds confusing,:confused: sorry, my brains fried... all this iffing and ahhing :p

• Advertisement

she knew i had rung yesterday too, im not sure, maybe they have a close eye on us through this forum :eek::eek::p

maybe she just liked you better, :p, did you ring up for your merit number again though or specifically about your medical?

Advertisement