Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

Yep mate you're right, i overlooked that and was only going by urine sample... hair sample however up to 2 years! and you might just wanna shave ur head there mate!! If you wanna stand a chance of not screwing up!

shave it 10-12 days after smoking it. then let your hair grow and hope to god that you get it. i had a crazy night on saturday and i smoked my mates feg which was stupid, but i have a tight nose and know the smell of reefer anyday. (ive jogged that out of my lungs anyway.woke up with a huge scar on my hip and im in agony if even my clothes touch it but lets not get into that.) grew out of that a long time ago. but i love its smell. medical soon, your ****ed. no doubt about that. and i did find the goodcockbadcock pretty funny lol. sounds like one of my jokes :D

peroxide lol. is that bleached. or with hair dye. are they both the same!?

and if its a hair body or a pube or such like thats up to a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

:D:D:D

Suits me actually, sometimes it lets me down... oops

thats what she said. haha office U.S. funny show

anyways MGH i no it was stoopid but everyone does things they regret. i gave up cannabis 2 yerars ago but my mates never could get that into there heads. there not my mates now.

if i get in ill bust there asses! lol

well ill try shavin my head and ringing that number and take it from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Mr.Anderson

Penis Eye wrote: »
    thats what she said. haha office U.S. funny show

anyways MGH i no it was stoopid but everyone does things they regret. i gave up cannabis 2 yerars ago but my mates never could get that into there heads. there not my mates now.

if i get in ill bust there asses! lol

well ill try shavin my head and ringing that number and take it from there.

I think laser hair removal seems like a good idea!!...

In all seriousness though, maybe you should be honest about it, rather than you failing for being dishonest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

Folks,

Have medical next week and am really starting to panic.

Was at a party last weekend on a session and towards the end of the night I was feelin like ****e cos I had a flu the days previous. We were in the kitchen and I was talking to me mate about how ****e I was feeling. Me mate pulls out some powder which I assumed to be Lemsip and said try this. I went to stick the kettle on but he laughed and said 'no you clown, this is a nasal powder' I was desperate to clear the flu as it had left me bed-ridden for the previous few days so I took a snort of the stuff. Felt A1 after and thanked my mate. Told him he must be a witch doctor or something having magic remedies like that. Forgot all about it till I saw me mate and a few of the lads down the pub last night for the match. All night long, the lads kept calling me Charlie and laughing and smirking. I used to have big ears as a child so I thought it was some childish reference to Prince Charles and ignored them for the rest of the night. However this morning I was looking at some show on Channel 4 for teenagers about drugs and one of the kids said his mate had tried some charlie and nothing had happened him. I was startled so I googled charlie and it turns out that its a code name or buzz word for the drug cocaine. I have tried contacting my mate but he wont answer his phone. If he did give me cocaine would this show up on the hair trace test next week?

Im bricking it here. Any help appreciated!

Folks,

Was at a party last weekend on a session and towards the end of the night I was feelin like ****e cos I had a flu the days previous. We were in the kitchen and I was talking to me mate about how ****e I was feeling. Me mate pulls out some powder which I assumed to be Lemsip and said try this. I went to stick the kettle on but he laughed and said 'no you clown, this is a nasal powder' I was desperate to clear the flu as it had left me bed-ridden for the previous few days so I took a snort of the stuff. Felt A1 after and thanked my mate. Told him he must be a witch doctor or something having magic remedies like that. Forgot all about it till I saw me mate and a few of the lads down the pub last night for the match. All night long, the lads kept calling me Charlie and laughing and smirking. I used to have big ears as a child so I thought it was some childish reference to Prince Charles and ignored them for the rest of the night. However this morning I was looking at some show on Channel 4 for teenagers about drugs and one of the kids said his mate had tried some charlie and nothing had happened him. I was startled so I googled charlie and it turns out that its a code name or buzz word for the drug cocaine. I have tried contacting my mate but he wont answer his phone. If he did give me cocaine would this show up on the hair trace test next week?

In short, yes if it was cocaine, this WILL show up. I feel regret for you mate, this could be very bad news. Pray that they were taking the piss and this was not indeed coke!

• Advertisement

i will tell you what a wise man told me

You thought it was lemsip? Would you not notice the difference in taste/smell?

If you want to appeal based on the grounds that you didnt know what it was, and you think it will make a difference, then I dont know what planet you are on confused.gif

lol anyway i thought i was in trouble but u could be in a wee bit of hot water even tho you didnt put the kettle on. bet u wish u had rather than sniffing nasal powder!!

u could try really trying to sweat it out of your system. and just to double check u should go to the chemist and see if u can get nasal lemsip just to be sure!!! gud luck with that. let us no how u get on!!!

lemsnort would be a good name for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

Folks,

Seriously, WTF! Are you really this naive or do you think that we are??? You're applying to the police and you snort powder from bag at a party thinking it's a cold remedy? I am nearly lost for words which is a rarity for me!

P.S. You're f*cked!

JVB wrote: »
    P.S. You're f*cked!

When JVB is lost for words...somethings gone completey wrong!!
    I mean lemsip comes in a lemsip labelled packet lol...think about it!

• Advertisement

hey punchestown what was your merit number, cuz if your below me i can move down one. lol. ill probably be out soon to so everyone above me can move down 1 to.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

..........at this rate I'll get in with my crappy merit number :D

MBC x

MBC x

lol MBC... i think you may be getting in sooner than you think!!

hey punchestown what was your merit number, cuz if your below me i can move down one. lol. ill probably be out soon to so everyone above me can move down 1 to.

MBC x

that made me laugh. you must be crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

that made me laugh. you must be crazy

...not as crazy as some it seems :D

well mental health problems are the least of my worries.

has anyone heard back from there medical and substance misuse test from this campaign?

well mental health problems are the least of my worries.

has anyone heard back from there medical and substance misuse test from this campaign?

lol you really make me laugh the stuff you come out with!
    "substance misuse test"...

well after all the stress to get to this stage if you cant have a lemsnort you may as well have a laugh.

hope everyone is taking my comments as lightly as i am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Maura2145

interesting posts tonight i see!

Been watchin for a few days now and ive noticed the reoccuring theme of cannabis/lemsip. Just wanna put it out there for all those 'condemned' and say a good 50% of the people i have spoken to are worried about this substance test. So best not to judge/condemn etc as mistakes are made and this test is a newbie for this year. The important aspect being reformation once in the force. But nice to see that everyone can have a wee joke about it!!

Penis Eye. couldnt help but notice the pun on your name. Coincidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Guys, I've been laughing my head off at some of the posts tonight. Absolutely hilarious.

If you think you might have smoked a dodgy roll-up or consulted a local witch-doctor for a flu remedy. You might want to consider pulling out of this competition. Failing the drugs test would automaticly disqualify you from C14 anyway and could possibly hamper any future applications.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

Guys,

I've been snorting white powder from the ass crack of a russian girl who jumped into my car when I stopped to ask for directions. She told me the powder was for my sinuses, and that If i gave her money she would teach me this special way to take it, as well as a massage. My medical is next week have I messed it up??

Seriously though... how green are you guys? For Christ sake, I've never been one to judge but surely there is some piss-taking going on here?

If not, and with all respect, I'm amazed you two got to the medical stage when sensible people on here missed out. Sorry for being harsh but some of those posts annoyed me lol.

Maura2145 wrote: »
    interesting posts tonight i see!

Been watchin for a few days now and ive noticed the reoccuring theme of cannabis/lemsip. Just wanna put it out there for all those 'condemned' and say a good 50% of the people i have spoken to are worried about this substance test. So best not to judge/condemn etc as mistakes are made and this test is a newbie for this year. The important aspect being reformation once in the force. But nice to see that everyone can have a wee joke about it!!

Maura, I totally understand what you are saying. Drugs are much more prevalent in youth today, hence why the PSNI have introduced the test. But if the question was posed 'Here, I've been a muppet. I was drunk and took a line of xxxx at the weekend at a party, do you think it'll show in my drugs test next week?' Then it is an admitted mistake and the condemnation is already self induced. But when you come on this forum and pretend that you thought it was lemsip? I mean come on ... this is exactly the type of ****e excuse you're gonna get as a police officer from some little runt who has a bag of speed in his pocket!
    I won't judge anyone for their choices in life because nobody is perfect. But if you ask for views on an incident of such ignorance then, in this particular case, I think an honest opinion is necessary because subtlety appears not to be one of his finer qualities!

agreed! I wasnt referring to the nasal powder scenario though. more the worries regarding a few tokes from a joint in the past coming back to haunt people :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭pablissimo

Maura2145 wrote: »
    agreed! I wasnt referring to the nasal powder scenario though. more the worries regarding a few tokes from a joint in the past coming back to haunt people :cool:
    A few wee tokes from a joint is wrong, under the eyes the law.

I don't want to get all high and mighty BUT, how can you be impartial and fair if you have to arrest someone for possession of cannabis when you know deep down you committed the same crime yourself some time in the past?

Where do we draw the line? Does that mean that we could allow rehabilitated offenders serving?

Folks, whilst joining the Police is a life changing event, your house should be in order before you apply. It doesn;t happen when you enter the front gates of GV. I'm not saying dump your mates but if you are going to parties where you are being left in the company of suspect white powder at this stage of the application process, you are seriously stupid. What would have happened if the police had decided to pay a visit to the house and you had your name taken?

IMHO (and I am not saying this because I want less competition, I have a sufficiently good merit score to get me to GV), forget the application this campaign, try next year again and avoid those parties. You could be left in a very, very easily compromised position.

Where do you think the drugs come from? Who do you think supplies them? What organisations are behind the supply in Ireland?

As my old boss used to say "Keep your @rse well away from the bacon slicer!"

pablissimo wrote: »
    Where do you think the drugs come from? Who do you think supplies them? What organisations are behind the supply in Ireland?

A very noteworthy comment. You do have to look at the bigger picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

Lempsip??? Oh thats right, everyone always has a bag on lempsip handy at a party, incase a mate has a flu.... :D

Come on people, where is your common sense, I suppose when a Zimbabwian man rings you to confirm your bank details to so you can claim your free round the world cruise you simply hand them over?

I suppose when a Zimbabwian man rings you to confirm your bank details to so you can claim your free round the world cruise you simply hand them over?

That's spooky, I go on mine next year. When's your cruise booked for? :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

I dont like boats so they arranged for me to go on an all inclusive trip to the Behamas... it was really easy to change and they even threw in first class flights, so happy enough

pablissimo wrote: »
    A few wee tokes from a joint is wrong, under the eyes the law.

I don't want to get all high and mighty BUT, how can you be impartial and fair if you have to arrest someone for possession of cannabis when you know deep down you committed the same crime yourself some time in the past?

Where do we draw the line? Does that mean that we could allow rehabilitated offenders serving?

Folks, whilst joining the Police is a life changing event, your house should be in order before you apply. It doesn;t happen when you enter the front gates of GV. I'm not saying dump your mates but if you are going to parties where you are being left in the company of suspect white powder at this stage of the application process, you are seriously stupid. What would have happened if the police had decided to pay a visit to the house and you had your name taken?

IMHO (and I am not saying this because I want less competition, I have a sufficiently good merit score to get me to GV), forget the application this campaign, try next year again and avoid those parties. You could be left in a very, very easily compromised position.

As my old boss used to say "Keep your @rse well away from the bacon slicer!"

Understood. But as someone on this forum pointed out a few weeks ago, the PSNI is an organisation that represents moving on and leaving the past behind. I see your point but as I said before the importance is in leaving the past behind and moving on and i would imagine that once in the force, none of these people are likely to risk their integrity and indulge in such as drug taking at any level. Its clearly not tolerated anymore. And I say anymore because there was a time where it might of been. It is the future that is important and I would be confident enough that anybody that will be lucky enough to get into the PSNI would make sure these slip ups dont happen again.

Of course its wrong but (pre-recruitment) people are people and the reality is this does go on and people make mistakes. And I can imagine that they couldnt be regretted more than right now!
    Im sure many of us have broken the law at some point. be it speeding or the like. And I know im definitely not here to judge whose crime is more serious than others. So I wont. I just think the important factor is how you change your mistakes :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Some people have all the luck! lol

Advertisement