Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Delete that score. Never post your exact merit number. You can be traced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Sadie OOO!!!

PandaPants wrote: »
    Im after phoning. She said im number --- and they are appointing 440 from this campaign.

I nearly cried, but she said you have to be in the top 220 of your community background, according to the 50/50 rule. She also said it was a good sign that i was being vetted and had a medical, as some people don't get these.

--- sounds crap, i must be a right thicko! lol I want to be number 1 or 2. :D

panda are you catholic or non catholic?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Im after phoning. She said im 440-500 and they are appointing 440 from this campaign.

I nearly cried, but she said you have to be in the top 220 of your community background, according to the 50/50 rule. She also said it was a good sign that i was being vetted and had a medical, as some people don't get these.

My merit score sounds crap, i must be a right thicko! lol I want to be number 1 or 2. :D

Firstly - Edit you post. This is a public forum and it's probably not a good idea to be putting the specifics up.

Secondly - That's a good score. Getting in would depend on your religious background. RC's have gotten in with merit scores of 900+. Non-RC's need to be getting under 450. The more people who fail vetting, medicals or drop out, the more likely that someone with a higher score will get in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭lolli-j

Hey all!
    Just wondering the time frame on getting medical results back? Know i've read it on here somewhere but cant find it anywhere!! Thanks

lolli-j wrote: »
    Hey all!
    Just wondering the time frame on getting medical results back? Know i've read it on here somewhere but cant find it anywhere!! Thanks

I got a pass letter about 4 days after the medical.

• Advertisement

carlty888 wrote: »
    I got a pass letter about 4 days after the medical.

Thanks! I am having completely irrational fears about what i may have failed it on

Thanks! I am having completely irrational fears about what i may have failed it on

Irrational fears?! Now you're a fully fledged boardie!

You beat yourself up over the what-if's and drive yourself demented and spent more time than is natural on this site. Welcome to my life. :D:confused:

Irrational fears?! Now you're a fully fledged boardie!

You beat yourself up over the what-if's and drive yourself demented and spent more time than is natural on this site. Welcome to my life. :D:confused:

I think I'm developing an addiction to this site, i keep trying to stay away but give in!!

I've managed to convince myself i'll fail the spirometry test (even though i'm quite fit) and fail the drugs test even though i havent taken drugs, go figure that one??!!:confused:

spirometry test???????.

spirometry test???????.

the thing were you have to exhale really hard into a machine

• Advertisement

Its the lung capacity/ breathing test.

Sorry lolli-j, you must have posted your reply as i was replying.

the thing were you have to exhale really hard into a machine

lung function test i think you mean. lol.

lol yea thats exactly what i meant, i have lost the ability to make any sense today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭PandaPants

Firstly - Edit you post. This is a public forum and it's probably not a good idea to be putting the specifics up.

Secondly - That's a good score. Getting in would depend on your religious background. RC's have gotten in with merit scores of 900+. Non-RC's need to be getting under 450. The more people who fail vetting, medicals or drop out, the more likely that someone with a higher score will get in.

Thanks. Im RC. (Well, not really, but if i HAVE to be labelled I suppose that's the closest).

Im really excited now, i've ALWAYS wanted to be a "peeler" and now it's soooo nearly within my reach!!!

How many times have you guys all applied?

Thanks. Im RC. (Well, not really, but if i HAVE to be labelled I suppose that's the closest).

Im really excited now, i've ALWAYS wanted to be a "peeler" and now it's soooo nearly within my reach!!!

How many times have you guys all applied?

This is the third attempt for me. Failed the A/C the first time, got low-600's in last year's merit list and under 150 this time round. I've passed the medical so the vetting seems to be my final hurdle. Sod's law dictates that it'll be the one I trip on.

???? what you mean your rc well not really you just picked the closest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

Folks,

What attire should a person wear to the medical?

Cheers

???? what you mean your rc well not really you just picked the closest
    Non-practising RC

Tracksuit bottoms, t-shirt and trainers. Nothing fancy required for this one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭belfastard

hey guys got a med date couple of days ago, so hopefully itll be another stage down in a few weeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

I would say there are few religious devotees of any faith applying. They are a dying breed. Personally, I have no time for religion. I would be perceived as coming from a RC background, and that's what this is all about. Partisan politics. People wanting "their own" in the police. Fully representative police force? Nonsense. I won't be representing anyone but myself and my employers.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

MrFug wrote: »
    I would say there are few religious devotees of any faith applying. They are a dying breed. Personally, I have no time for religion. I would be perceived as coming from a RC background, and that's what this is all about. Partisan politics. People wanting "their own" in the police. Fully representative police force? Nonsense. I won't be representing anyone but myself and my employers.

I do see the need for a 'representative' police force. I think the whole community need to have confidence in their police force and obviously in the past this was not the case. I, personally, will be representing all of the public, regardless of politics/religion, (if I'm ever lucky enough to get in) but am realistic in that the people of this country will believe more in a force that has officers belonging to both communities.
    Can't remember if there was anywhere on the application form to indicate your religion? If so, I wonder how many 'perceived' RCs in this campaign would put 'other' if they really don't see themselves as Catholic?

MBC x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Griffer2

Hey all, starting to get worried now (like most others on this site :) ) had my medical mid last week and still haven't heard anything... should i be worrying this much or is that normal??? am i normal?? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Worrying? About this process??

You're as normal as they come!!:D

MrFug wrote: »

Hear hear. I have no time for religion either. I came from a mixed marriage, but went to a Catholic school, so that's how i came to the conclusion of which box to tick.

This is the third attempt for me. Failed the A/C the first time, got low-600's in last year's merit list and under 150 this time round. I've passed the medical so the vetting seems to be my final hurdle. Sod's law dictates that it'll be the one I trip on.

This is my first time, but i know a guy who has applied 4 times and never can get past the assessment centre.

Worrying? About this process??

You're as normal as they come!!:D

Thank you MGH you keep me sane lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Maura2145

Im a practicing RC. but I can see how im in the minority. its all politics after all. there are alot of bitter people who remember the RUC in a bad light in years before and still do percieve the PSNI that way. I hope someday those opinions will no longer exist

maybe there should be a new thread dedicated to opinions on the 50:50 system :p

Anyone done their medical so far and could tell me roughly how long the whole thing took?

• Advertisement

took about an hour and a half for me Maura but you don' even notice the time going in!!

Advertisement